Wii #1508 - Mario Party 8 (v1.02) (USA)

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple versions of this game? How spastic. I wonder what they changed, but I suspect it's probably a bug fix, and not something useful like proper widescreen.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
Multiple versions of this game? How spastic. I wonder what they changed, but I suspect it's probably a bug fix, and not something useful like proper widescreen.
If I had to guess, I'd say they probably changed the text of the US version to match the censorship in the UK version. Unless they already did that.

K

Kurisuellegarden

They used the word spastic in the UK version. They immediately took the game off shelves once realized and fixed it. =\

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right, I understand that the word spastic is a much worse word in the UK than it is here in the US/Canada. I would be surprised if it was that they changed though, since the word isn't considered bad here.

Chanser

:o
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic

Why do you guys ask these questions?
wtf.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In Germany its the same. The german version of the word (in slang called: "Spasti" or "Spast") is only used as an insult. It's mostly used by kids and teenagers, so it's a more "modern insult" here. In medical view the word "Spastiker" is used for a kind of illness. People with spasm problems.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
the word spastic never used to be offensive or derogatory, infact the well known charity which raises money for people with disabilities used to be called "the spastic society" but they changed their name to "scope" about 10 years ago because all of the sudden the term became offensive. now we just call them scopers instead
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: