Wii #1393 - Overlord: Dark Legend (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Set in a time before the original game, players take the role of a new young Overlord. As he revels in command of the Minions, our trainee tyrant will be able to take his growing pains out on the local fairy tale inhabitants as he protects his castle and lands. Connecting players to the game world in three dimensions, the use of the Wii Remote gives unprecedented control over the minions. For example, individual Minions can be plucked from the horde, held by the neck and then, by vigorously shaking the Wii Remote, throttled to imbue him with some Overlordly power and turn him into a manic minion missile. With a now-explosive body, the insane little critter can be guided into enemies with hilarious, if rather fatal, consequences.
* Seize the Power: Donning the armour of the Overlord, players become commander-in-chief of a fighting, thieving and pillaging horde of crazed minions (with hundreds more waiting in reserve) – a force quite unlike any other. Send out your minions to crush rock giants, gnomes, halflings, elves, dwarves, peasants and more. Become a new Overlord, conquer realms and grow your castle from dilapidated ruins to glorious expression of your absolute power
* Pillage and destroy with the Wii Remote: Controlling the minions is slick and devastating, requiring a flick of the Wii Remote to send the raucous rabble into battle. Whether you’re swishing the remote to sweep the horde into battle or pointing it to direct magic spells and fireballs at enemies, the Wii Remote becomes the perfect extension of the Overlord's despotic will
* Throttle Your Minions: Individual Minions can be plucked from the horde, held by the neck and then, by vigorously shaking the Wii Remote, throttled! This stirs up the volatile lifeforce within them and they become a manic minion missile. With a now-explosive body, the insane little critter can be guided into enemies with hilarious, if rather fatal, consequences for both parties
* A twisted fairy tale: With a rich, tongue-in-cheek story written by award-winning games author Rhianna Pratchett, this exclusive Overlord adventure for Wii tells a new and twisted fairy tale. The lead character is in a Cinderella scenario with his elder and rather unpleasant brother and sister. He is the forgotten child while his father is away, and his wicked twin siblings are plotting to take over the kingdom with their own perverse alliances with elves and dwarves. The story game also introduces wicked witches, gingerbread men and Lil’ Red Riding Hood, the seeming sweet girl with a lupine side to her personality.
* Meet the Minions: The Brown Minions are the fighters and the strongest minions in general combat. Red Minions are fire throwers and act like archers by hurling blazing fireballs as a long range attack. Green Minions are the Assassins and love to use stealth attacks. Blue Minions are the smartest of the minions and have healing powers and can resurrect their fallen minion comrades and bring them back into the fight

Click to view video:
Video Games | Overlord: Dark Legend | Debut TrailerXBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii

Click to enlarge pics:

Been after this for a while, more than Conduit to be honest. I loved the PC game and the demo of Overlord 2 is great too. Reviews have been 7.5 to 8/10 so looks to be a pretty good game. Kinda like a more adventurey Pikmin style game but with a lot of humour. The story was by Terry Prattchets daughter.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, Loved the first 360 game so am off to grab this now. Been waiting for this to drop since Hadrians "games this week" thread mentioned it! Only the DS game to come and ill be happy
biggrin.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sort of enjoyed the PS3 demo
ohmy.gif

My only quirk is that the fellow you control moved quite... Slow.

But I'll give this a try, fer shur.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks very nice ! Of course, not as beautiful as the PC version, but for a Wii game, it is quite impressive !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying