Wii #1298 - Excitebots: Trick Racing (USA)

The_Super_Infram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r0llik said:
soo...does it work on pal?

works fine on a PAL Wii with USB Loader 1.1

i only played a short time to test if it works but i have the feeling they killed what made excite truck awesome. it's the same game at the core but with meaningless stuff put on top.

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a quick shot on a pal wii using usb loader 1.5 works great, very promising game a few different controls and goals from Exite Truck, could see me getting into this one. Gotta agree that Excite Truck was one of the best early Wii games, and one of the few that utilised the Wiimote controller well.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
King Zargo said:
I am seeing a WIFI logo.

How many players?
How does it work?
Is there a ranking system?
Leaderboards?
Impressions?
I call dips on the Batbot.

And on a side note.

OSW said:
(I never finished a Wii game before lol)
naamloosezi.png

You're no Wii King!!!!
rolleyes.gif
lol!

Yeah wifi sounds awesome! If it's the fun of excite trucks + online multiplayer then I'd be happy
biggrin.gif

D_Or

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played it for five minutes or so and it seemed to be quite difficult to master. Also, I haven´t detected the local multiplayer yet. You probably have to finish the first cup or something like that....

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
i really loved excite trucks.
me and a good friend had a long weekend gaming session, finishing everything in the game with S rankings (gotta love the additional level, right?)
but i am not so sure about this one.
all the added gimmicks sound to me like they distract from the actual racing.
and to me the first game was about going full speed all the time while mastering stunts and tree runs to get high rankings. now with silly stuff added like kicking a soccer ball around, i am afraid the experience will be less frantic.
and, what's even worse in my book, they took out the option to play your own sound!
i mean, come on, that was one of the reasons i could enjoy this game so much.
being able to just throw in some weird music from my collection instead of listening to dreadful
ingame music... and that feature is gone? wtf...

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kinda like the game, i´ve been playing it for almost 2 weeks (i work in the industry)... but i hate when i have to spin... nearly kills the experience imo.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the first game I dumped with the wbfs manager (2.2). I correctly loaded my Wii Cover but it doesn't appear in Waninkoko's USB loader 1.5....

What am I doing wrong. I tried both the cover downloaded with the wbfs manager and from the internet!

All my other covers load perfectly.

It's RX3E01.png

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mole said:
Does this game contain any system updates?
Yes, and I have Wanin's 4.0 on US+Wiikey 1.9s.
Nothing Wiibrickblocker will not fix though.

Now I was apprehensive of this title, jsut not interested in swinging a frog or some insect around poles.
I was humbled, the game is FUN!
On-line is decent .. no lag, just takes a bit of time to logon, sign up and for the other racers to make up their mind, sometimes.
Otherwise great fun, you can bet on the races and win stars (it's actually pretty easy to do so).
The graphics are ok in single-player, a little down in multi, but no slowingdown or dropped frames, so worth it.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
itz great!

runin on 3,3 e with gamma,no problems,definitivly a must buy first time I go in Italy..
...monster games put nintendo in excitetrucks..looks better than trucks,and goes s bit faster,havent try wifi but I think theres gonna be people a long time,at least I hope..

by!

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
here's my short take on the game.
so far i finished the training cup and played the bronze one a little.
i've finished excite truck with everything unlocked that's in there, so i am trying to compare from someones view who thought that the first one was one of the best wii titles so far.

the looks: insects/animals instead of cars. well, it does sound a little silly and it does look a little weird, too. the animals can also transform into some walking and gliding mode.
the whole game runs super smooth and looks more detailed but also much brighter/more colorful which isn't necessarily a good thing. gives it a less mature look but it's still vistually pleasing and fast.

the sound: no mp3 support. well that wouldn't be so bad i guess, but since the original score consists of horrid techno sounds it's a huge CON in my book.

gameplay: the controls feel even tighter and more responsive, which is great. controling those bots is a blast and it's got kart wheel support, too, if you prefer that.
as most of you know, they packed more things into each tracks, like boxes with weapons (mario kart style, but thank god it's just one box per round and hardly influencing the outcome of a race).
then there are bars that you can cling on to and swing around.
i can't say i like those, especially the red ones that showed up in every course so far, and require you to spin your wiimote for about 10 times before you can continue. takes away speed and flow and is really just unnecessary...
with all that extra stuff there are more stars to get as well, which are badly needed, since most unlockables cost a LOT.
i guess if you play online and wager some stars (which the game lets you do, nice idea btw) it's way easier to gather enough to unlock everything, else you're going to play for a long, long time...

so? so it's not as perfectly streamlined as the first one and has a more casual feeling to it, thanks to the bots and the colors.
but it controls great, has a smooth engine and enough levels, modes and extras to keep you busy for a while.

i'd rate excite trucks 9/10 and this one 8/10

tall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This Game has update (3.4U).
If you want to keep your 3.2 firmware, do not direct load the game on disc channel.
Haven't test it with Gecko OS with 3.2U system.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
tall said:
This Game has update (3.4U).
If you want to keep your 3.2 firmware, do not direct load the game on disc channel.
ever heard of WiiBrickBlocker?
wink.gif

QUOTE(adzix @ Apr 22 2009, 04:17 PM) i'd rate excite trucks 9/10 and this one 8/10
I'd rate them: 5/10 and 3/10

Ages: 5-15

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny