Wii #0989 - Animal Crossing: City Folk (USA)

calebdesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
*2 cents*

Downloaded this release, extracted IOS38, installed IOS38, burn disc (untouched), load disc in Disc Channel, start and it works.

3.2U Wii and Wiikey v1.

*/2 cent*

Interesting, I've got a 3.2U and Wiikey v1 also, extracted the update using WUSE, installed the IOS38 wad and AC still wants to update my wii :-\ could I be missing another IOS that's needed?

Hopefully I can figure this stuff out, I've been away for a while and I'm not too up-to-date on installing IOS/cIOS's etc.

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
suitcase doesnt seem to work with
original PAL DS AC
d2c key
gekoOS
scrubbed Wii AC
JAP wii
allows me to dl play it.. but then complains of an inncorrect game card ;_;

bmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried a full iso (unscrubbed)by goomba on 3.4U with wiikey1.9x ..I'm getting a black screen ..anyway to get around this.. all my previous backup games and wiiware works after 3.4u except animal crossing. please help.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
HiroshiYamauchi said:
We are talking about the game data size and thats what Animal Crossing has: 16MB of useful data. Animal Crossing Wii (Scrubbed) has 442MB when compressed and 4,37GB when it's not. Animal Crossing GC (wiped) has 16MB when compressed and 1,36GB when it's not. So, whats the difference? It's really that simple...
You can't talk about the compressed size as the "real" size. The real size is obviously the wiped game uncompressed.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
poke50uk said:
suitcase doesnt seem to work with
original PAL DS AC
d2c key
gekoOS
scrubbed Wii AC
JAP wii
allows me to dl play it.. but then complains of an inncorrect game card ;_;
yeah i think that's because you're trying to connect a pal game card of ac to a ntsc copy of ac:cf and i think it's been said that the pal game will only work with the pal copy

miffy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope someone can help me here.

I have a PAL Wii fitted with a Winja running 3.2e (just downgraded from 3.4 using this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...p;#entry1583601 - The 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial, All in one).

I have an NTSC iso of AC which I have run through regionfrii & brick blocker.

I can start the game using gamma o.3 launcher but after a few second it say 'the disc cannot be read'.

I have installed all the IOS's in the tutorial, even down to the 'You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing' - but it still won't work.

Any clues?

Thanks.

miffy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
miffy93 said:

I have a PAL Wii fitted with a Winja running 3.2e (just downgraded from 3.4 using this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...p;#entry1583601 - The 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial, All in one).

I can start the game using gamma o.3 launcher but after a few second it say 'the disc cannot be read'.

I have installed all the IOS's in the tutorial, even down to the 'You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing' - but it still won't work.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Sorted it, thanks.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
miffy93 said:
miffy93 said:

Any clues?

Thanks.

Sorted it, thanks.
Hey could you PM me telling how you sorted it? I tried the same method as you and cannot get it to work.

ropeadope

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, this is the thread I was looking for. All the info right in here.

I'm using the Wiikey...so if I want to get the game working without running the update (which would brick my wii?) I just follow this guide?. Hope it works.

Saw the microphone for the game at Gamestop and it was like 30 bucks or something crazy...I'll just type out all my messages in that case. Even though it's a pretty big pain
tongue.gif

ropeadope

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this again but I've been reading more and am still a bit confused.

Should I just do the update that is required to run animal crossing? Nothing bad will happen? I'm using the Wiikey, should I turn on some brickblock feature or something? Thanks.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Working fine on my Wiikey.

Ahh...haven't played my Wii in so long and this game is definitely a good game to start playing.
It seems so different, though, as I feel Animal Crossing truly belongs on the Nintendo DS rather than the Wii or the Gamecube.

I'll hook up with some of you Tempers later and we can visit each other's town and do activities and such.
biggrin.gif

Mic_128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smashboards.com
XP
Country
I'm just now installing the homebrew channel on my 3.2 Wiikey chipped PAL Wii.

Just making sure, for following the instructions here (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Updating_IOS_by_hand) when it says "Move IOS38-64-v###.wad from the root into the wad folder" what numbers should those #'s be?

phatdade69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
jalaneme said:
Tanas said:
With Animal Crossing the CycloDS doesnt, because Animal crossing doesnt use Wii Conectivity it uses DS Download Play to transer to the Wii, and you need the original game for it to work, and it also has to be from the same region, which means that EUR DS version will not work with this release.

cyclo ds supports 100% download play also who says everyone is using a europe version of the game? i have the american version.

i would have thought it uses wii to ds connectivity like Pokemon battle revolution as it uses the same features and functions, what makes you think different?

Animal Crossing is old which means that it doesnt support Wii Connectivity, so connecting to the Wii has to be done through Download Play.

Actually it is NOT possible because FC's don't recreate the format of an actual gamecart they emulate it and store it in .nds files which means when you run the little "Moving Van" program it's supposed to go into the predetermined file structure that is on the original card but not on your FC.

Ergo, the transfer of files from DS to Wii is inherently impossible with the standard flashcard unless you know how to or own a card that can be reconfigged to run like the ACTUAL card with the SAME file structure, you're going to have to start all over again and won't be able to move.

Sorry
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs