Wii #0989 - Animal Crossing: City Folk (USA)

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys seriously fighting over the filesize of a video game that's two console generations old?

Wow....

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, i installed the IOS38 Wad (just extract it from the untouched ISO with WUFE, and install it with WadManager).

Now, i tested the Brickblocked (scrubbed version), and works fine from the disc channel, no more black screen. Also, i tested using HBC and installing WAD's and worked fine. I have a cIOS installed (rev7), but i'm still at 3.3UV1.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Raylene2K7 said:
HiroshiYamauchi said:
Raylene2K7 said:
tgc_9013 said:
ViRGE said:
400MB? Jesus Nintendo, I'm not one to measure the quality of games by their size, but maybe, just perhaps, the game could have been given more & higher quality content?
Animal Crossing for the Gamecube was +- 16MB
tongue.gif
in fact it was 28MB (NTSC)

(and 146MB for the PAL)

No, it was exactly 16MB. Originally developed to fit a ordinary 16MB N64 cartridge.
take the iso of the Gamecube game (ntsc version) and scrubb it (there are tools for that), i did it 4 years ago - result is: ~28MB

wink.gif

Then Zip it and you'll have a 16MB file.
wink.gif

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's working!

Here is what I did:

1a- http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Updating_IOS_by_hand

Yeah, follow these steps and remember that you will have to convert the Wii Update File Extractor (WUFA) from .ELF to .DOL if you're using HBC9.

1b - Oravla posted this link: http://www.wiiso.com/showpost.php?p=122050&postcount=95 (need registration, easy)

It has the IOS necessary to skip the AC update, install it using the WADM (you can get your own using the 1a steps). I don't know if GBATemp allows us to post this link, I'm just using what you guys gave to me (lol), mods feel free to edit as you like.

2- The IOS30 was causing the black-screen for me, then I burned with no patches and everything worked fine. No IOS30 or Brickblock, just burn it and the game will load with no update warning. Maybe you can patch with BB, but I didn't.

NTSC-U, 3.3U, Wiikey, and full release version, not the 400MB one.

Thanks eveyone! I'll be back later.

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet thanks thiago and everyone else on this thread now my lazy ass doesnt have to use GeckoOS to launch the game. I'm on 3.2U btw all I had to do was install the IOS38 and the game launches in the disc channel perfectly. Goomba release, even though I have the scrubbed release just havent tested that one yet. For having never played the animal crossing games I am loving this one. Well i'm off to play all day since last night every damn thing was closed when i played.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, I have a scrubbed+brickblocked version, using 0.3 gamma backup launcher, and loading times seems a bit long. Is it normal?

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
as of now, there are longer loading times that if you had an original copy of the game, but the backup loader will be updated in near future, or at least we get more possibilities of loading backups faster.
so for now, we'll have to live with the loading times as they are :/

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I never noticed any problems booting my original copy from Gecko OS without IOS38, but I haven't tried Wii Speak yet. Ideally someone will come out with a PatchMii release of IOS38 which removes the signing fix.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Thiago! I think my wife might have nagged me everyday she couldn't be able to play this game. I'm going to rip my own backup instead of downloading, but sounds like it should work.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
HiroshiYamauchi said:
wink.gif
you don't get it, do you?

if you remove the data-garbage out of the 1,36GB GC-image you get a 28MB game you can play on multi-image-discs on your GC or Wii

a zipped one wouldn't work and it doesn't matter what it's game-size on N64 originally would have been

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
"It is not a valid application for Wii"

Are you using the HBC 9? If so, you have to download the new Gecko OS version, here: http://wiird.l0nk.org/gos-hbc-dol.zip

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

----PT-BR: Se você estiver usando o HBC 9, faz o download no link acima, é uma versão compatível com o novo HBC. Abraços.

Thanks, was a great help ^^

PT/BR - Valeu, foi uma grande ajuda^^ Era exatamente o que eu precisava =D

Edit: Ok I got the "Disc can't be read" error =p I hope that is just my disc, not the ios9 that I installed X_X

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Raylene2K7 said:
HiroshiYamauchi said:
wink.gif
you don't get it, do you?

if you remove the data-garbage out of the 1,36GB GC-image you get a 28MB game you can play on multi-image-discs on your GC or Wii

a zipped one wouldn't work and it doesn't matter what it's game-size on N64 originally would have been

You don't get it, do you?

We are talking about the game data size and thats what Animal Crossing has: 16MB of useful data. Animal Crossing Wii (Scrubbed) has 442MB when compressed and 4,37GB when it's not. Animal Crossing GC (wiped) has 16MB when compressed and 1,36GB when it's not. So, whats the difference? It's really that simple...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, keep the discussion limited to Wii Animal Crossing. Not file sizes for a different game made like 10 years ago.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Ok guys, i understand your point, just to finish it
smile.gif
:

but i just want him to scrubb the game himself, he'll see that he doesn't get a 16MB file but a 28MB one. It doesn't matter what size his rar/zip was when downloading the gc game.
He's talking about the Wii game that is 442.24 MB scrubbed? fn LOL! .. it's not!
442MB is the scrubbed iso WHEN PACKED!! (with WinRAR, it would be bigger if packed with WinZip and smaller when using the best packer 7-Zip)

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Raylene2K7 said:
Ok guys, i understand your point, just to finish it
smile.gif
:

but i just want him to scrubb the game himself, he'll see that he doesn't get a 16MB file but a 28MB one. It doesn't matter what size his rar/zip was when downloading the gc game.
He's talking about the Wii game that is 442.24 MB scrubbed? fn LOL! .. it's not!
442MB is the scrubbed iso WHEN PACKED!! (with WinRAR, it would be bigger if packed with WinZip and smaller when using the best packer 7-Zip)

you're right.
but then again, you should realize by now that your discussion partner won't agree, no matter how often you're going to repeat your (valid) point.
so let's just get back to the actual wii release.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
SeraphisCain said:
Exactly what I'm thinking, too. I don't see why scrubbing doesn't just become standard in the "scene". Japanese release groups have the right idea, scrubbing all their releases. It's pretty well known that scrubbing does NOTHING to the actual game code itself, and doesn't affect how the game plays in any way. There is absolutely no functional difference between a scrubbed game and a non-scrubbed game.

a update by nintendo will make them a drink coaster, thats why the scene release them as clean isos

QUOTE(Tanas @ Nov 16 2008, 11:35 PM) You have to have the original, flash carts dont work.

cyclo ds supports wii to ds connectivity, it's only flashcart like r4 and m3 simply that don't work.
i have an R4 but i can do wii connectivity with daigasso dx >.< sadly i have to wait another month for this game to be released in australia T_T also i reckon scrubbing is great and for all the people who want the exact 1:1 game then go buy the thing ok! xD and i love scrubbed games they just save so much download time and internet usage that i really would like it if most releases were scrubbed ^^

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*2 cents*

Downloaded this release, extracted IOS38, installed IOS38, burn disc (untouched), load disc in Disc Channel, start and it works.

3.2U Wii and Wiikey v1.

*/2 cent*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.