Wii #0989 - Animal Crossing: City Folk (USA)

Hans Gruber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone getting a lot of disc read errors while trying to boot this game with either softchip or gamma? Sometimes it loads fine, but mostly Resetti comes on screen saying "The Game Disc could not be read". I've not had any problems with my Wii before on other games and I've tried several DVD-Rs. Is my Wii dying or is this a common problem?

Also when it does load the in-game clock is wrong, even though the clock in the Wii menu is correct. I think maybe my Wii is losing it.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MG4M3R said:
I downloaded the scrubbed version and tried to follow this tutorial to install the IOS, but didn't found "IOS38-64-v #. WAD", there I found "IOS9-64-v #. WAD" and installed it anyway...
I still can't run the game (Black Screen) and the Gecko gives a error "It is not a valid application for Wii"

=p

What do I do?
"It is not a valid application for Wii"

Are you using the HBC 9? If so, you have to download the new Gecko OS version, here: http://wiird.l0nk.org/gos-hbc-dol.zip

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

----PT-BR: Se você estiver usando o HBC 9, faz o download no link acima, é uma versão compatível com o novo HBC. Abraços.

evandando

Trophies
XP
Country
DLed a scrubbed version of this and another compressed one, and I'm just getting a blank screen when I try to load it. I'm on 3.3u and don't have the Homebrew Channel. What should I do?

I have a US Wii with WiiKey.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
evandando said:
What should I do?
Welcome, take a sit and cry.

I'm surprised how people are taking this like nothing, there's just no way to play it without the HBC/GECKO, which have problems with date/hour, and Animal Crossing is all about real-time simulator.

I'll try to burn more two times, one clean as my soul, and another with IOS, without the Brickblocker. Both I'll let the system update. I'll be back and let you guys know what happened, since most just played and got the hell out of here *-*

evandando

Trophies
XP
Country
Thiago Kotaki May said:
evandando said:
What should I do?

I'm surprised how people are taking this like nothing, there's just no way to play it without the HBC/GECKO, which have problems with date/hour, and Animal Crossing is all about real-time simulator.

I'll try to burn more two times, one clean as my soul, and another with IOS, without the Brickblocker. Both I'll let the system update. I'll be back and let you guys know what happened, since most just played and got the hell out of here *-*

Thanks for keeping us updated. I for one am keen to know if you get anywhere. I've started a download of the full Goomba version now, see if that makes any difference.

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thiago Kotaki May said:
evandando said:
What should I do?

Thx! Please let us know too if it updated to 3.4 or just a sub version of 3.3

I have 3.3 and i'm afraid to go to 3.4 since i want to keep doing my own backups with the homebrew backup app over wifi.

It's not clear (for me anyway) if 3.4 will break that feature or not.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why is everyone having problem with this? o.O
Isn't it as easy as other games too to burn and play?

I'd say you would downlaod, unzip, burn and start it normally about the official disc channel or not?
Like other games, too. Or are you all having problems doing that?

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
yeh most ppl are grabbin the 400-500mb file of this, and it wasn't "scene" althou doesn't matter and ppl just have to do more steps with it, that's all. the goomba release, is like any other, unzip burn, and play lol. i have goomba and it's workin great here lol, w/o doin a bunch of weird stuff like the gecko stuff

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
HiroshiYamauchi said:
Raylene2K7 said:
tgc_9013 said:
ViRGE said:
Egonny said:
It's a little late though, there's already a scrubbed (400MB) version, which I'm playing right now.
400MB? Jesus Nintendo, I'm not one to measure the quality of games by their size, but maybe, just perhaps, the game could have been given more & higher quality content?
Animal Crossing for the Gamecube was +- 16MB
tongue.gif
in fact it was 28MB (NTSC)

(and 146MB for the PAL)

No, it was exactly 16MB. Originally developed to fit a ordinary 16MB N64 cartridge.
take the iso of the Gamecube game (ntsc version) and scrubb it (there are tools for that), i did it 4 years ago - result is: ~28MB

wink.gif

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
LordWill072284 said:
yeh most ppl are grabbin the 400-500mb file of this, and it wasn't "scene" althou doesn't matter and ppl just have to do more steps with it, that's all. the goomba release, is like any other, unzip burn, and play lol. i have goomba and it's workin great here lol, w/o doin a bunch of weird stuff like the gecko stuff
Exactly, people download a rape that is missing the "essential" update. And that is why the scene standards exist..

QUOTE(Oravla @ Nov 17 2008, 04:03 PM) IOS38 WAD thanks to blackadder1st
But that is copyright nintendo code that isn't allowed on here.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Öhhm, the size of the GC version of AC was 16MB, because the GC version was just a 1:1 port from the N64 version. That's why it was soo small.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played a little bit of the scrubbed version yesterday. Then downloaded the full version, which asked me to update, which i did. game plays fine (of course). My Wii is fully up to date. 3.3 second before ac update. 3.4 (is it really 3.4 after ca update?) after update.

Did not tried the hbc channel after that. People want me to test things?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-