Wii #0989 - Animal Crossing: City Folk (USA)

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdudek said:
Errr.... excuse the noob question.... How do I download the file?
No games are hosted on this site, dude, that would be unlawful.
You'll hafta to find them somewhere *coughgooglecough* else.

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ The information about its scene release and the nfo file.
What game is it, what scene number, the size, who released it, what region it is...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this release have an update from 3.3U to something newer?

Has anyone updated using this disk?

Let us know please!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already played it, I have that scrubbed version. From before.

I read somewhere that if you install an ios (I think it was 30), it would work from the discchannel..
I don't really mind booting it through GeckoOS everytime.
But it may get annoying.

Could someone tell me more about it?

Oh, four your info:
PAL Wii 3.3E with D2Pro, works with scrubbed version, that's patched to PAL and removed the update, but you have to boot it through GeckoOS...

D

Deleted User

xboxinoz said:
Can anybody on here who has actually played this make any comment as to whether it is any good?
early reviews state that it's a straightforward port of the ds version with slightly more content, but no major changes of gameplay. It looks and plays pretty much like the ds version.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
The game is GOOD!
biggrin.gif
It isn't too much different to the DS version but it's different enough to have me hooked. Currently collecting mushies... Anyone know what they're for?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dylaan said:
Currently collecting mushies... Anyone know what they're for?
Just sell them, they're worth a lot of money (especially the finer ones)
smile.gif
Some just might look good in your home as well.

And of course this game is good! Better than that, it's great - it takes the best from its GameCube and DS counterparts and adds a lot of new stuff to the mix. Totally worth the money (or hassle downloading, if you're one of them *hmpf*)
wub.gif

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I patched the .iso with IOS Pactcher, typed "30" and then "press any button", as recommended, and the program closed. I also patched with Brickblocker. When the Wii try to load the disc it gaves me a black screen saying an error occurred
frown.gif

NTSC-U Wii, 3.3U firmware.

Could it be the Brickblocker? But, if I don't use the Brickblocker, the update could cause some damage to my little and awesome Wii?

Oh, I haven't tried that Shop Channel thing, neither the hack or Nintendo version. I read some things about it on WiiBrew, but they don't give us ANY hints how to install it, I tried to copy the files and load with Homebrew Channel, but no sucess.

Please, need some help here guys, I've been waiting for this game since the Wii launch ='(

B-Blue

slut
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thiago Kotaki May said:
I patched the .iso with IOS Pactcher, typed "30" and then "press any button", as recommended, and the program closed. I also patched with Brickblocker. When the Wii try to load the disc it gaves me a black screen saying an error occurred
frown.gif

NTSC-U Wii, 3.3U firmware.

Could it be the Brickblocker? But, if I don't use the Brickblocker, the update could cause some damage to my little and awesome Wii?

Oh, I haven't tried that Shop Channel thing, neither the hack or Nintendo version. I read some things about it on WiiBrew, but they don't give us ANY hints how to install it, I tried to copy the files and load with Homebrew Channel, but no sucess.

Please, need some help here guys, I've been waiting for this game since the Wii launch ='(

I'm having the same problem
frown.gif

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I just got it how to install the IOS/Shop hack, if you need some help, please let me know.

Still, the game doesn't load, I'll try to burn without Brickbloker now.

Oh, the GAME+BB+IOS30 launched with GeckoOs...

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thiago Kotaki May said:
Well, I just got it how to install the IOS/Shop hack, if you need some help, please let me know.

Still, the game doesn't load, I'll try to burn without Brickbloker now.

Oh, the GAME+BB+IOS30 launched with GeckoOs...
The game launches with GeckOs, period. (ntsc-u wii with ntsc-u game)

I'm on 3.3u, i don't want to update to 3.4...
did anyone update and can tell us which version it gets you to?

thx!

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
blueskies said:
ouch, my pride. let's each play the game for a week, your 1:1 copy against my scrubbed copy, and we'll see if those 3.5 gigs of zeroes you downloaded made any difference. kthxbye,noflames,alllove,PO.
I've got better things to do than play the same game for a week, sorry.

I didn't download 3.5gigs of zeros - if they had have been zeroes it would have compressed down to 440mb like the lame webwarez version. The difference is I now have a complete 1:1 identical to the original copy - and you have some raped version. If you are happy with that then more power to you - but don't try to claim it is identical and this is a waste of space.

Also, when the wii is dead and I have the rars for every original scene release it would look a little odd having some crappy version that some kid ripped and put on a torrent site.

SeraphisCain said:
Japanese release groups have the right idea, scrubbing all their releases.
"Japanese groups" don't - they release japcrap scrubbed as they don't want to "waste" space (and peoples credit) on sites on something most people won't bother with. Major japanese games get released 1:1.

blueskies said:
I think GC releases used to be scrubbed,
Yep - some lame groups used to cut the "garbage" from gcn isos, but it was soon stopped when decent groups started to rip.

QUOTEWhat I don't understand is why someone would feel so much pride in downloading a bit-for-bit copy of the game from a "reputable scene release group".
Me either, being "proud" of anything is absolutely ridiculous. No wonder the religious types call it a sin.

QUOTE(HopOnRocks @ Nov 17 2008, 04:12 AM)
What game is it, what scene number, the size, who released it, what region it is...
There is no such thing as a "scene number" - thats just made up by a few websites such as this. The rest is right though.. =]

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, here is the info I got from some webs
tongue.gif

Seems like the IOS Patcher "30" only works for 3.2 or below. Guess we'll have to play it throught Gecko OS. Nintendo you little...

frown.gif

You can run this without Gecko OS by doing the following. Download IOS Patcher. Then extract that. Drag your Animal Crossing ISO onto the patcher, type 30, press enter, now burn the ISO. Done. (IOS patching only works if you have wii version 3.2 or less)

If you do not want to IOS patch it you will need to use Gecko OS.

This 'is not' a region issue, NTSC and PAL users will both need to do the above to use it without Gecko OS. It is basically a forced update, and so the disc is saying it needs that update to run, you are changing the required update version.

This does not work if you have a version 3.3 Wii however, you will need the full ISO to update 'or' use Gecko with either ISO. I assume it does not work because they disabled trucha e.t.c with 3.3?

I have a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey 1.9S (or whatever latest was, forgot lol) and it worked fine.

Of course all of the above is only neccesary if you need to avoid the update (brickblock is not enough since it is a forced update). As you will know the update included will disable some forms of homebrew so is something you 'should' want to avoid.

-------------------------

I have 3.3U, could not get the scrubbed version to work even with ISO patcher. Then tried the full version by GOOMBA which work fine but there is a update on this game. I ran the update and still have 3.3U and all HC works fine.

---------------------------

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I downloaded the scrubbed version and tried to follow this tutorial to install the IOS, but didn't found "IOS38-64-v #. WAD", there I found "IOS9-64-v #. WAD" and installed it anyway...
I still can't run the game (Black Screen) and the Gecko gives a error "It is not a valid application for Wii"

=p

What do I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Walk into the light +1