Wii #0846 - de Blob (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Sep 27, 2008.

Sep 27, 2008

Wii #0846 - de Blob (USA) by shaunj66 at 11:03 AM (3,587 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-1386^^

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I've been playing the PAL version for a few days already. Very enjoyable game, definitely worth downloading!
    It's kinda stupid though you can't save mid-level, and levels can take quite some time to complete.

3. Nightstalker

Member Nightstalker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I totally agree, the saving only at the end stinks. This game though is really fun and relaxing. One of the best art styles I've seen in a game.

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Great game, very creative.. and the music is one of the best I've ever heard in a video game [​IMG]

5. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I totally agree about the saving thing. I was playing it tonight for the third time and EVERYTIME it both annoys and baffles me that a game with such style and polish as such a big flaw! I almost can't believe that none of the playtesters would have mentioned this. When I start this game and I play a level for let's say 75%, it's not uncommon that after 30 minutes I have to get going and I have to continue another time. You simply can't do that and IT SUCKS!!!! Because this game is all about you wanting to paint every inch of a city. Well, if your going for half an hour of gaming you can forget De Blob because you have to race through the level and get to the end. And even THAT you can't do sometimes. Because now I had a level where you had to reach a certain amount of challenges for the exit pool to open up. Again, it's very strange that a wonderful game like this doesn't have a more flexible saving option.

Still De Blob is De Bomb!!!!

6. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  7. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    My friend bought this the other day,I really want to borrow it [​IMG]

8. stephenophof

Member stephenophof GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    This game is made by students of the University of Utrecht (A city in the Netherlands). [​IMG]

9. Raylene2K7

Member Raylene2K7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jamaica
    game is quite ok, but that god damn SAVING, wtf were they thinking?????!!
    i just played level 1 until you have to paint a road in purple and there are some dark ink spots
    ... well, i thought that's enough, i left the game

.. but then, 10mins later i saw that i don't have a saved game file to continue - grrrrrrrrr!!!!
    hello? 2008? who is responsible for this sh*t, "de Idiot" the head-programmer?

well, as always, it's the little things that make the difference between an average, good or great game
    ... Miyamoto would never let release it that way! [​IMG]

10. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Agreed with the saving complaints... I took 75 minutes to finish the Downtown stage, about 90% of it.. and that's a lot of time, there should be a way to get out of the stages and go back later :/

But well, thinking now.. there's A LOT of stuff to be painted on each stage.. saving info about everything that's painted and on what color is not easy, save files would be HUGE.. but, could be done.

Even with that problem, this is a great 3D platform game. The best on the Wii after Mario Galaxy, reminds me a little of Banjo Kazooie. And the music is still awesome! [​IMG] (ignore the ds)

11. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Totally, this game already made it to my top 5 of Wii games.
    On a side note; this game also comes in French and Spanish, will update the info.