Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abc99 said:
Have been following all 43 pages . I feel like I have known some of you for years now.

Media question:

I am considering buying Staples brand DVD+R DL's. They are $30 for 25 in the US. Has anyone had any experience with these?

--

Also, good luck to any of you out there who may be working on a DVD5 rip. Godspeed.
I don't know off hand what staples uses for their dvd+r dl's. Maybe if you check around cdfreaks or afterdawn, you can get more information on them.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Torup said:
Question:

Gonna burn an DVD-R DL (odds against me, I know) then:

Custon Layer Break: yes or no?

People here said that DVD-R DL has a fixed layer break by design, so it doesn't matter if you try to specify one...

taramas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
taramas said:
oh my god...i read this thread from yesterday and cant find any solution for my problem.

I played the Jap version just fine,did the update with the additional channels...

-Downloaded the Ntsc version

-change the region to Pal

-Burn it withought any layer specific options with a same dl disc as the jap one.

-The wii cant even read the disc..i cant hear the lazer working...

I could really appreciate any help...
cry.gif

pal wii with cyclowiz

grrrr...i almost hate this game!!!

reburn it with nero this time in lowest speed and again....the Wii cant even start reading it!I cant hear any noise trying to read it!

Please please someone reply with any help!I cant understand why the same disc worked fine with the jap release but has problems with the ntsc version..

pall wii cyclowiz with latest update and plillips dvd+r dl disc

zeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 1.9g wiikey and burned the wizard iso with the .inf replacement and that's it.
it plays fine but every now and then i get a green screen that says the game disc could not be read. anyone else getting that?

shyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have problems with memorex +r dl. my wii always goes to a black screen with white text saying an error has ocurred yadda yadda. after that its always could not find disc. am i the only one with that problem?

malachii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shyo said:
i have problems with memorex +r dl. my wii always goes to a black screen with white text saying an error has ocurred yadda yadda. after that its always could not find disc. am i the only one with that problem?

I have had:

Unreadable disc
Black screen with white text saying the error has occured, etc

I also use memorex +r DL and they work great in my wii, once I:

Burned with Nero at the slowest setting
Cleaned the lens
Adjusted the dvd pot to 500 ohms per the cyclowiz site.

What's funny is, when I used to boot my wii with a burned disc inside, it would take the dash about 3-5 seconds after boot to show the game photo on the game channel. Now after the steps above, by the time the system gets to the dash, it's already there and ready to rock....

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just throwing this out there, but is it possible that the dump is bad? Seems almost everyone is having problems with the DVD9 version of the game, with green screen and black screen messages, crashs and the like. Though DVD5 versions which are striped of movies work fine.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
ziddey said:
anyone with problems able to do a pie/pif scan of the disc?

when i first burned the disc i made imgburn scan for errors and it found none, yet i still got these errors.
an imgburn scan won't necessarily reflect if the wii can read it. usually, pc dvd drives are better able to handle errors and retries than other drives.

I'm sure a lot of people are springing for the cheapest dl discs they can find, and/or trying to burn too fast. For example, best buy has a 15 pack of dynex (best buy brand) dvd+r dl for the same price as a 5 pack of another brand. These discs have an atip of ricohjpn d01, which can be argued as not that great to begin with. But it's also faked by a lot of other companies. The dynex says it's made in hong kong, which most likely means it's fake ricohjpn d01.

I grabbed a pack of these myself today to do some experimenting on since it was "cheap". Almost done with a first burn right now. I'm pretty sure it'll absolutely bomb out at pie/pif. I'll post the results when I have them.

That said, look for discs that use real mkm

dl is a tough animal

quickedit: still on the first layer but as is, there's already a bunch of pif 4's. with single layer discs, i would have probably thrown it out and reburned with a pif of 4. That said, I'm expecting the second layer to be way worse
frown.gif

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
taramas said:
taramas said:
oh my god...i read this thread from yesterday and cant find any solution for my problem.

I played the Jap version just fine,did the update with the additional channels...

-Downloaded the Ntsc version

-change the region to Pal

-Burn it withought any layer specific options with a same dl disc as the jap one.

-The wii cant even read the disc..i cant hear the lazer working...

I could really appreciate any help...
cry.gif

pal wii with cyclowiz

grrrr...i almost hate this game!!!

reburn it with nero this time in lowest speed and again....the Wii cant even start reading it!I cant hear any noise trying to read it!

Please please someone reply with any help!I cant understand why the same disc worked fine with the jap release but has problems with the ntsc version..

pall wii cyclowiz with latest update and plillips dvd+r dl disc

Isn't the cyclowiz just like the d2ckey, where it won't work unless you manually enter the layer break. I'm pretty sure this doesn't work on d2ckey without the layer break entered in imgburn.

Only guessing mind.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
73ARM3 said:
Aone 8x DVD+R DL (nice and cheap and what I use for 360 games)
Layerbreak 2084960
Pal Wii
Wiikey 1.9g
3.2E
Burnt at 2.4x with imgburn
Untouched iso
Did the update (allready have dupe channels)

Only problem I have seen so far was jerky music on intro,
but seemed to fix itself once deflicker was turned off.

Jerky video means you'll get slow mo game too I've found. Deflicker off and set it to 60hz sorted it for me. You can turn deflicker back on once it's loaded and play but remember to turn it back off before quitting or it will just blank screen for good in 60hz mode.

I use Aone's, the only dvd's my liteon likes. I've also read on here a few times that you're supposed to burn at a fast speed and they don't like slow speeds. All confusing stuff.

For the record, I burnt at 4x (the lowest my writer allows) and the game crashed during the SSE on one of the videos, I burnt again at max speed which seemed to be 6x and everything works great. I always copy at max speed for normal wii games and had no bother.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want to see some garbage? The scan isn't even finished yet but it's clear the wii won't be able to handle this:

dynexby0.jpg

space21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hej all,

heres my report:
I have an PAL Wii with newest firmware + wiikey smg

1 Downloaded game
2 User trucha signer to remove update
3 Burn with imgburn on a MediaRange DVD+r DL with 4x speed, and with layer break 208.......
4 Put the game in Wii, confirm the update
5 Game asks to create an savefile, thats okay by me, so we chose OK!
6 When the intromovie is going to start, i got an Game Read error,

7 I think thats because of my cheapest DVD+R DL???

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sekhu said:
just throwing this out there, but is it possible that the dump is bad? Seems almost everyone is having problems with the DVD9 version of the game, with green screen and black screen messages, crashs and the like. Though DVD5 versions which are striped of movies work fine.
Is there a receipe anywhere for how to rip the movies / whatever to get a DVD5 from the Wiizard iso?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.