1. fatterdude2000

Newcomer

adamska23 I had same problem. change wii settings to 50hz then start the game. Movie sound is choppy but hopefully you can then go to game options and switch deflicker OFF. Exit game and go back to wii settings and change them to 60hz and try again... least that worked for me with rgb cable and got me past the white screen

snakeman what chip you got. I had same problem with wiikey before I upped it to 1.9g. If not then maybe you gotta set layer break (or not depending on how your burnt the ones you already tested. I heard anything other than wiikey has to have layer break set)

2. etkelley

etkelley Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright, it reads it in the Wii Menu, but when I go to play it, it gives me an "Unauthorized device detected." Can anyone help?

NTSC Wii, 3.1 U
    Wiikey 1.9g
    Verbatim DVD+R DL, burned in Nero
    Dupe Jap channels from playing JAP Brawl
    Unauthorized device detected

3. nirslsk

nirslsk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    US Wii 3.2U
    D2Pro
    tried two different burners: Pioneer DVR-112 (internal) and Sony DRX-840U (external)
    ImgBurn with Verbatim DVD+R DL tried different burning speeds, 2.4x, 4x and MAX (which defaulted to 4x)

without layerbreak the game freezes with a white screen during loading.
    with layerbreak the game loads and plays, but i get a read error (green text on light green background) every 20-30 minutes. any idea what i might be doing wrong? i'm thinking of trying ritek next, but somehow i doubt it'll make a difference..

4. adamska23

adamska23 Newbie
    Newcomer

Malta

5. BigNastyCurve

BigNastyCurve Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, so what's the final word on layerbreak for those of us with NTSC/Wiikey consoles? Does it have to be manually set or can we just burn it?

6. zeph

zeph Member
    Newcomer

United States
    1.9g wiikey NTSC wii, I burned and played it fine but i can't get past the research level in the subspace emissary, just turns into a black screen. only problem ive had other than the occasional could not read disc error

7. Torup

Torup Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Used a RIDATA DVD+ with an old GSA-4167B . No custom layer break (Wiikey 1.9g) . Removed the error #001. Worked fine, tested all subspace videos (I've completed it with the DVD5 rip) and no problems so far. Game runs fine in other parts.

Will test tomorrow to see if all levels in subspace are ok.

Awesome game. I've read a lot of people complain about Subspace but, for me, it surpassed my (high) expectatives.

8. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    I burned it on a verbatim dl dvd without setting any layerbreak and it works just fine.....

You sure you didn't have any apps open during the burn?

9. nirslsk

nirslsk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah, i had nothing open at the time. but just in case i tried burning another copy without layerbreak just now, same issue. oh well, i guess i have a funky wii drive and/or d2pro installation...

10. nirslsk

nirslsk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    weirdest thing, i got the update today that's supposed to prep your wii for wiiware, put one of the six copies i burnt of SSBB (all of which gave me a read error every couple of levels) at random and played through a good seven or eight levels for about three hours without any problem. maybe nintendo included something in the update to address some of the issues people have been having with the game. my retail copy is arriving from amazon tomorrow so it's good to know i probably won't have any of the issues i had with the backups before the update.

11. champ2131

champ2131 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just so you guys know, Wiikey Version 1.9s is out

12. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

the game finally works on my wii [​IMG] yay! I had the dvd5 version but its so much nicer to actually have all the cutscenes.

13. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Both versions should work, the USA one will give you Dual Channels however.

14. Shadowhunta

Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

Hello all i'm new to this,i'm getting my PAL launch Wii chipped shortly with the wiikey and i was just curious,how do i go about burning this properly for use?
    will i need a DL dvd?
    Do i just burn it,then play? (i only ask this as i notice that the 1.9s update for the wiikey addresses the SSBB problem,does this mean that its now as simplae as juts burning the release to a DL disc and playing? or do i need to use brickblocker and region frii?)

Thanks for any help [​IMG]

15. isaac52

isaac52 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same exact problem as him, except I ALREADY BOUGHT IT AND IT DOESN'T WORK!
    I have a legit USA copy.
    a burned JAP copy on DVD+RW, and DVD-R, and neither work.

16. Nerdii

Nerdii Banned
    Banned

bumpity bumpy bump!!

17. laerun

laerun Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I burned smash bros with my laptop Pioneer burner using a TDK DL+R disk and it works just like the orginal. No issues whatsoever. All this crap about using only verbitan disk is false.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - #0592, Super, Smash