Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,083
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

trahh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off just wanted to say that this site, or more specifically this thread itself has helped me with learning so much on how to get ssbx working.

So, now to my personal question.

I'd like to know if this method would work, or more importantly if i'd be doing something wrong.

This is steps from my Wiikey arriving at my door from where I bought it, so I'm quite new to this.

1.)Wiikey arrives, install it, burn a 1.9g update and a 1.3 config disc, install the 1.9g, and config the 1.3 and set to region free.
2.)I personally don't care about the dual channels, so I would burn a DVD5 version of smash and let it update 100%
3.) Burn a DL DVD9 version of the game un-wiibrickblocked.
4.) Play?

It seem's quite simple but I'm sure I must be missing something.

So, any responses are appreciated, thanks guys.

wwftheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im having an issue also
I burned the dvd9 with the new Brickblocker
I updated the wii with the 15% trick w dvd5 version not brickblocked
when I boot the Dvd9 before it gets to the title menu it will give disc read error ejecting it and reinserting is not helping then i put the dvd5 in and it worked with that.
Then i put back the dvd9 and it is working.
When i go to the video section and try to watch the video i get disc read error. Ejecting and reinserting wont help.
Same goes when you beat classic mode I get the read error also.

My question is should i reburn the dvd9 without brickblocker and burn the dvd5 with brickblocker and swap trick or do you think i will still have disc read errors regardless?? Any thoughts would be nice thanks

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
First off just wanted to say that this site, or more specifically this thread itself has helped me with learning so much on how to get ssbx working.

So, now to my personal question.

I'd like to know if this method would work, or more importantly if i'd be doing something wrong.

This is steps from my Wiikey arriving at my door from where I bought it, so I'm quite new to this.

1.)Wiikey arrives, install it, burn a 1.9g update and a 1.3 config disc, install the 1.9g, and config the 1.3 and set to region free.
2.)I personally don't care about the dual channels, so I would burn a DVD5 version of smash and let it update 100%
3.) Burn a DL DVD9 version of the game un-wiibrickblocked.
4.) Play?

It seem's quite simple but I'm sure I must be missing something.

So, any responses are appreciated, thanks guys.

Correct. Make sure your Wii is up to date too.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
still have a feeling that the people with problems (like me) of having random errors and lock ups that this has to do with the read settings for dual layer disc of the wiikey.
would also explain why original isnt recognised.
let hope wiikey improves readability of dl burned disc also in the next update
I have a dvd9 brawl and wiikey. No problems yet.

bakunyu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First, here's my setup/steps, hopefully it helps.

- NTSC-U Wii with Wiikey 1.9g, I ran the full update (didn't do the 15% trick), have dupe channels (don't mind them lol), have access to wii settings.
- Burnt DVD9 release on a Memorex DVD+R DL 8x at 2.4x using a LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL11) burner, using ImgBurn (with default settings, nothing touched.)

Results:

- Disc boots without any problem or need to swap using the DVD5 version.
- SubSpace Emissary is fully playable from one end to another (finished it), no skipping/stuttering in videos, no crashes.
- Classic and All-Stars modes are fully functional (they don't crash after the credits).
- Video gallery and Virtual Console trials both work fine.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

- NTSC-U Wii with Wiikey 1.9g, I ran the full update (didn't do the 15% trick), have dupe channels (don't mind them lol), have access to wii settings.
- Burnt DVD9 release on a Memorex DVD+R DL 8x at 2.4x using a LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL11) burner, using ImgBurn (with default settings, nothing touched.)

Results:

- SubSpace Emissary is fully playable from one end to another (finished it), no skipping/stuttering in videos, no crashes.
- Classic and All-Stars modes are fully functional (they don't crash after the credits).

No brickblocker or regionfrii?

bakunyu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Results:

No brickblocker or regionfrii?

Nah, like I said I didn't mind the update (brickblocker not needed), and region override is turned on in wiikey settings so no need for regionfrii. I just used the clean ISO.
smile.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have/find a 100% save file (or any save file for that matter)? I know it uses 128 blocks, but seeing as I only want this game for multiplayer (online), I don't want to spend the time unlocking every character.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves file can not be copied to the sd card, for this game, if i recall correctly. So basically you cant copy it to your sd card to upload/download from internet

skullwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just posting to say that I used the same media at the same speed, same modchip with a Panasonic/Matsushita burner with imgburn, and it works just fine for me too.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves file can not be copied to the sd card, for this game, if i recall correctly. So basically you cant copy it to your sd card to upload/download from internet

Weird, cause you have the option (from the start) to save to an SD card instead of Wii's internal memory. In which case there should easily be some hax. Grrr

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes most saves you can, but this specific game is protected and cannot be copied. Why nintendo chose to copy protect this game is beyond me

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes most saves you can, but this specific game is protected and cannot be copied. Why nintendo chose to copy protect this game is beyond me

Well the question is, when you choose to save to an SD card instead of internal memory and you put that SD card in another Wii (before going on WiFi), it just won't read it at all?

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im trying to solve my problem with the dvd 9 wii brickblocker
and regionfrii

somone who can just boot up the dvd 9 that did the 15%trick(no double channels)

what ver. of region free did you use?? do we even have to use region free

i think the regionfrii is my problem now when i use it it corrects the region to usa but it give me a little code that says game mismatch or something like that
and then when i use brickblocker it tells me that im still in j region
so i tossed back in regionfrii and its telling me usa

hmm i think thats my prob. why im gettting error 001 when i burn the dvd9 with both brickblocker and regionfrii done to the iso

im buring now without regionfrii.. just brickblocker..

so again someone with it working 100% without double channels and with out swaping what ver of regionfrii r you using and give a link please

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes most saves you can, but this specific game is protected and cannot be copied.  Why nintendo chose to copy protect this game is beyond me

Well the question is, when you choose to save to an SD card instead of internal memory and you put that SD card in another Wii (before going on WiFi), it just won't read it at all?

there are no wii games are far as i know that allow you to save a savedata on the sd card directly. You first have to save normally than back it up to sd card, using the wii menu. Normally this works fine but in super smash bros, the data is copy protected and you can copy it to sd card. So you can not copy the save data to computer to be uploaded or downloaded. Smash does allow you to save replayed and pictures to the sd card tho. Also some games like excitetruck let you play mp3 that are on your sd card

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes most saves you can, but this specific game is protected and cannot be copied.  Why nintendo chose to copy protect this game is beyond me

there are no wii games are far as i know that allow you to save a savedata on the sd card directly. You first have to save normally than back it up to sd card, using the wii menu. Normally this works fine but in super smash bros, the data is copy protected and you can copy it to sd card. So you can not copy the save data to computer to be uploaded or downloaded. Smash does allow you to save replayed and pictures to the sd card tho. Also some games like excitetruck let you play mp3 that are on your sd card

Have you even played SSBB yet!? When you start the game it asks if you want to save on an SD card or internal memory. Practically the first thing you can do to enter the menu!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!