Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,290
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
it doesn't work on ANY d2ckey ... white screen (first few frames of the intro movie) on startup, with switch it works (the same or worse) as dvd5

japanese ppl who dumped it themselves and can play it on d2ckey are now downloading the Caravan version... if the caravan doesnt work on d2ckey either, then BAD DUMP CONFIRMED !!!

Well, it works fine on my wiikey. So those who have d2ckey and can't get it to work are all rushing back to their mommies to complain. boo hoo...
rofl2.gif

ynot914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out: My game works fine for the most part.. but during the first video in story mode it is choppy and sometimes freezes..I've gotten past this part and have gotten relatively far in the game..but I am still wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Do you think it is the Disc I burned or something that can be fixed by changing my WiiKey settings? (I have 1.9g). Please let me know. Also if you belive it to be something to change on the Wikey can someone remind me how to change these setting..

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
@ynot914

The fact that you can run the game in the first place mean's it's not your Wiikey that is the issue. It sounds more like bad media, try burning on a different brand, and possibly a different burner if that fails.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you with the #001 error, even if it doesn't make sense to you and you think it must be something else, the reason for it is a "bad burn" ... check the thread below and find out by yourself.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74432&hl=

It's being repeated many many times. Although you may not believe it, 99% of the problems people are having relating to this game comes from their burners not being able to produce a disc that the wii likes with the media they are using.

You MUST try different brand quality media AND different burners (go over a friend's house or something) before you suspect anything else. Recording speeds are 2,4x recommended for older burners and older media and 4X for new burners with new, faster media.

001 error is copy protection. You must download the latest firmware of your modchip. Super Mario Galaxy has the same protection. Some modchips like wiinja v2 or v1 will NEVER be able to play these protected games. If you indeed have the latest firmware and compatible modchip, than its can possible be due to a bad burn.

ps2gamer2k7

Trophies
XP
Country
bought componet cables games works flawlessy only one prob tho it f**** your wii settings and you cant access them only hope to fix is the next firmware update but hey im playing prob the best game yet
smile.gif

kipo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received a japanese wiimail today, i think it may be a ad for the smash bros website as it has www.smashbros.com in the message. i was wondering if anyone else had received this and possibly have a translation??

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Wiikey 1.9g
Pal Wii
imageburn x2.4
Verbatim (of europe) dvd+r DL
did the 15% trick with the DVD5 version, DVD9 version with wii update remover 1.0 - works perfect.

Also, the same disc been tested on

Wiikey 1.9g
NTSC-U wii
this system had the 15% trick too from a DVD5.

Works perfect - at first had green error, but then changed wiikey's reading speed to x3, and works perfect now.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bought componet cables games works flawlessy only one prob tho it f**** your wii settings and you cant access them only hope to fix is the next firmware update but hey im playing prob the best game yet
smile.gif

This happens because you didn't update to 3.1E first. Read past posts. If you are up to date with firmware you will only get dupe channels without semi-brick unless you do 15% trick. Without being at 3.1 you get semi-brick(settings inaccessible)

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those that don't believe that the #001 error can be caused by a bad quality dl burn and only by "copy protection", check out the experience of people on this thread.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74432

It is CONFIRMED (not only there, but I'm not going to bother linking to many threads in many forums worldwide) that you can also get #001 errors on wiikey 1.9g when trying to boot a DL disc your wii doesn't like. Put a good burn in, and problem is gone. Just do it. Try burning your game on a friend's/neighbours burner with good quality media. Or buy yourself a new burner for $35. Old burners have a hard time producing good DL burns with any media. Seriously, even if it worked fine for you in the past. Just try it, it will save us all a lot of trouble.

For those that don't believe this game runs just as fine on d2ckey as on wiikeys, I'm not gonna bother repeating the posts of all those for who it works fine. It does work, but all other chips except for wiikey 1.9g run the wii reader at 6x speed (3x for wiikey 1.9g EVEN if you set it differently in the configuration disc ... it just ignores it, unlike in the 1.9b revision). At the higher reading speed, the wii has a harder time reading the disc. An "almost good enough" dual layer recording may "barely pass" under a 1.9g wiikey while not at all on a d2ckey's higher reading speed.

Why don't you just find someone with a good, newish burner and try using it to burn a good quality disc (say tdk, memorex, verbatim

tampikenio

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Hello there! I recently downloaded brawl caravan's version. I made 2 copies one normal and one with regionfree, the thing is when i insert brawl in my Wii i download 100% of the update, brawl loads "ok" (from the wii screen), when i select it i have this error:
"An error has occurred.
Pres the eject button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the wii operations manial por more information"

I burned it in a memorex DL disc, my modchip is Cyclowiz version 3.6b.
Thanks in advance!

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im trying to solve my problem with the dvd 9  wii brickblocker
and regionfrii

somone who can just boot up the dvd 9 that did the 15%trick(no double channels)

what ver. of region free did you use?? do we even have to use region free

i think the regionfrii is my problem now when i use it it corrects the region to usa but it give me a little code that says game mismatch or something like that
and then when i use brickblocker it tells me that im still in j region
so i tossed back in regionfrii and its telling me usa

hmm i think thats my prob. why im gettting error 001 when i burn the dvd9 with both brickblocker and regionfrii done to the iso

im buring now without regionfrii.. just brickblocker..

so again someone with it working 100% without double channels and with out swaping what ver of regionfrii r you using and give a link please

well my burn with just brickblocker still gave me error 001.. im going to check my wiikey config.. 1.3 is the newest disk from what ive seen ?
if anyone has any ideas let me know

You DID use BrickBlocker 1.3R2, right?
yes i did and yes i have the 1.9g updated 2

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those of you with the #001 error, even if it doesn't make sense to you and you think it must be something else, the reason for it is a "bad burn" ... check the thread below and find out by yourself.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74432&hl=

It's being repeated many many times. Although you may not believe it, 99% of the problems people are having relating to this game comes from their burners not being able to produce a disc that the wii likes with the media they are using.

You MUST try different brand quality media AND different burners (go over a friend's house or something) before you suspect anything else. Recording speeds are 2,4x recommended for older burners and older media and 4X for new burners with new, faster media.
ok well i burned the game on a dl before the new brickblocker and did the swap trick.. worked everytime
after the new dl ver of brickblocker came out i used brickblocker and reburned with the same setttings and everything
i get error 001 on that burn
so i burned again with out fregionfrii this time.(it gave me a weird message)
still error 001
but the burn i did without the new brickblocker that i use for the swap trick still works

ok so i checked my wiikey config.. saved and restarted
got a green error
restarted wii
game ran i played for 2 hrs
turned off the wii turned it back on
got error 001 .. im going nuts!!!
i then tried checking the wiikey config saving and restarting .
error 001
hate2.gif

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok well my new burn still 001 error
i test smg again just to make sure loaded rite up
i dont see how it can be media / burner becasue if i do the swap tirck with any of my dl burns loads rite up(but if i try and boot .. from any of my dl error 001) and i got the one disk to load up 2 times once the white screeen with green text so i restarted and it loaded up after that tho no luck
im thinking i just need to wait for the wiikey update

any ideas?

sebaash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
for me, no problems using Wii Update remover
biggrin.gif

I Have 3 dvd and 0 problems
biggrin.gif

I love this game
biggrin.gif

i used memorex dvd+r DL and Nero :3
I have Poineer burner DVD+RW DL ;D

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok well my new burn still 001 error
i test smg again just to make sure loaded rite up
i dont see how it can be media / burner becasue if i do the swap tirck with any of my dl burns loads rite up(but if i try and boot .. from any of my dl error 001)  and i got the one disk to load up 2 times once the white screeen with green text so i restarted and it loaded up after that tho no luck
im thinking i just need to wait for the wiikey update

any ideas?

Yeap.

Pretty simple, actually.

Use a different burner.

That's it.

You are doing everything right except not trying a different burner, which is the FIRST recommendation right after trying a different brand of media. Just use a friend's or a neighbour's burner and be happy. Some burners are just not capable to produce a good DL disc. You may try 20 times with 20 discs and 20 combinations that you think will work and, well ...

And you answer yourself by saying that you don't believe that it's a media issues because ... and you explain your reasons, which are plausible. But think for a second: your burner, on all/most media, produces a dual layer disc in a "wrong" format that the wii doesn't like (that wiikey gets confused with and reports the wrong number of sectors to the wii, thus triggering the #001). Your burner may make excellent single layer discs that give you zero problems, but it just may suck on dual layer recording.

If you don't believe it's a media (

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok if what you guys say is true. best burner ??? i have no prob tossing money for a new burnner ..just need some info on what burner works best for dl wii games lol well this game .. its the only dl game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1