Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,046
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

airjordan565

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiikey
USA Wii
i have the dvd5 version and i did the 15% trick...
i am almost done downloading the dvd9 version...
will i be able to use the dvd9 version even tho it is not brickblocked or will i have to swap it with the dvd5 version everytime i want to play??

and if i have to swap it can somebody tell me at what point to swap it at?

chamonofx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i wasted another one.

Guys, i have some knowledge about this and I dont think it is going to work. We need a wiinja deluxe update :'(

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiikey
USA Wii
i have the dvd5 version and i did the 15% trick...
i am almost done downloading the dvd9 version...
will i be able to use the dvd9 version even tho it is not brickblocked or will i have to swap it with the dvd5 version everytime i want to play??

and if i have to swap it can somebody tell me at what point to swap it at?

Use the new BrickBlocker for dvd9 games?

L0cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
doesnt work for me
movies chrashes also virtual console games
seems all stuff that worked on the single layer version works but second layer still seems broken
burneder on a pioneer 112d on verbatim dl+ 2,4 speed
never had any problems with any other game

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a question that probably not anyone will be able to answer.
For those who have issues with the DVD9 being as crappy as the DVD5, is there a custom layer break (L0 size) we could set or any other settings to make it work?

EDIT: If not then could someone who got their DVD9 working perfectly take a screenshot of all their settings?

There must be something ImgBurn does differently for the people it works for and the people it doesn't - setting it manually would eliminate that factor.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those people having problems with the #001 unauthorized device error with the DVD9 dump of this game, there is another thread here to see if the cause can be found. It seems to be happening to a few other people even with different modchips.

Error #001, Brawl, huh?, Read da OP

My suggestions: first give as much information as possible on your wii to see if we can reach a conclusion.

1-Let us know if it's a D2A, D2B or DMS, with or without cut pins.
2-Let us know what region and firmware version you had before trying to play the game (i.e. PAL 3.1e)
3-Let us know the types of media you have tried this game on. Please, try at least two different types of media before reporting. (I.e. Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x and TDK DVD-R DL 4X).
4-Let us know the recording software and booktype used (if any) and the burner used. (i.e. imgburn, dvdbooktype set to dvd-rom, lg 233 burner).
5-Of course, the type of chip you have and firmware revision used. (i.e. wiikey 1.9g)
6-If you had region override turned on or off and whether you've already tried changing it.
7-Whether you used regionfrii'd or not.
8-Whether you can play backups of super mario galaxy just fine.
9-Whether you've been able to test if your burnt DL copy of the game works just fine on a friend's console.
10-How you performed the required ssbb update procedure (if you let it complete 100% or if you stopped it at 15%)
12-How the game reacted the next time you tried to play the brick blocked version while doing a 15% install. Did it ask to run the upgrade again?

The only thing i can think so far is that you people with this problem may have in common this: you did the 15% update trick with the DVD5. Then, eventually, you tried a DVD9 version of the game but neglected to brick-block it, so the game asked you to run the update again. Not sure what you did after that, but I guess you either let it run or aborted it at 15% a second time. This seems to screw some people up. Not sure, just speculating.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
People, remember Nintendo put out an official note regarding the smash bross game saying that some customers had problem playing the ORIGINAL game on their wii's and claiming it was the smoke from tobacco and dirty lenses the culprit and offering to "clean the wii lenses" for free.

The real reason, of course, is that many Wii's are factory-set with the laser power a bit too low to reliably read the second layer and need to be re-adjusted, not that cleaning is a bad idea.

Nintendo tried to minimize this problem going all the way and putting Smash Bros on a high-reflectivity gold dual layer pressed disc, more expensive than the silver type, but of the highest quality. In contrast, even the best of the best Dual Layer RECORDEABLE media recorded in the best of burners has much lower reflectivity. So some people are bound to have a real hard time with dual layers unless they re-adjust their laser power a bit (or "clean the lense")

Please read the short article below:

IGN: Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

comtois

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chamonofx: did you use the new brickblocker on the DVD9?

i'm wondering if you doing the 15% trick and then running the update fully messed something up.

and to all the wiinja deluxe users, have faith, the admin on the wiinja site has always communicated well with me and if something can be done, he'll get it done for sure. and yes, the site has been down all day.

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've been playing the adventure mode for about an 2hours now and it has given me 4 random read errors during
movie scenes... but it usually works if I eject the disc and put it back again the error message disappers and
the movie will continue..

Don't know if it's the wiikey read speed settings or what, I am using verbatim DVD+R DL "printable surface"
It seems fairly likely that the error occures during layer break when the dvd drive reaches the edge of the
DL discs first layer.

I will buy more DL discs tomorrow and try to change burning speeds etc, also try to change wiikey settings.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chamonofx:Â did you use the new brickblocker on the DVD9?

i'm wondering if you doing the 15% trick and then running the update fully messed something up.

and to all the wiinja deluxe users, have faith, the admin on the wiinja site has always communicated well with me and if something can be done, he'll get it done for sure. and yes, the site has been down all day.

wiinja site is now up

jahnaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
works with pal WII run the game now i've dual channel but doesn'care
a little question, how to find friend code?
thx

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
My DVD 9 dosen't want to boot
cry.gif

-Wii PAL 3.1E
-WiiKey 1.9g
-Mario Galaxy works great
-Smash Bros DVD 5 works great
-Smash bros DVD 9: Error 001: unauthorized device detected

So, I have to boot my DVD 5 backup, then swap with my DVD 9.

There is a way to boot the DVD 9 without swaping?

Thx

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
My DVD 9 dosen't want to bootÂ
cry.gif

-Wii PAL 3.1E
-WiiKey 1.9g
-Mario Galaxy works great
-Smash Bros DVD 5 works great
-Smash bros DVD 9: Error 001: unauthorized device detected

So, I have to boot my DVD 5 backup, then swap with my DVD 9.

There is a way to boot the DVD 9 without swaping?

Thx

just think at least the dvd9 works at all its better if it works like that then nothing at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1