Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,706
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont just get duplicate channels but you wont able to acess your wii setting! It will semi brick your wii

but with the dvd9 version you just have to quit by 15% and then reset...and then you shouldnt have an semibrick

yeah i mean if i let the full update of the dvd9 version its supposed to do nothing harmless to my wii, except the duplicate channel, not supposed to semi brick.. thats what i say i dont care about the duplicate channels i'll put them to the end of the last page, but is anybody able to confirm if i update with the ntsc-j version of ssbb dvd9 on my ntsc-u wii 3.1 and 1.9g wiikey firmware, will this affect future releases and future updates? like if i do the japanese update and later i get the north american release, will this have an us update that i wont be able to have thus not be able to play the na version? or if i do the japanese update will i be able to do a later on future english update, like i dont know a game that will be out on september 08 like..?

It shouldn't matter. As long as you don't semi-brick your Wii in any way, you should be fine because you can get rid of the dual channels by formatting your Wii's memory when the NTSC-U Brawl comes out. Just make sure you copy all the save files on to an SD card before you do that. Also, you will have to play Smash Bros. Brawl all over again since Brawl's save file can't be copied, but hey, it's better then getting a semi-bricked/bricked Wii.
tongue.gif

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dirty Harry: Dang, I was hoping I'd be able to go straight into dvd9. Try to use the disc swap method, use the dvd5 to get into the menu, then swap to the dvd9. If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock on PhenX, keep us posted. If it doesn't work you might give the updated brickblocker a shot too (it's somewhere between posts 550-600).

I have the iso waiting for me at home so in 12 hours I will use what I've learned in here to burn mine
biggrin.gif

What chip are you using?

initials-cc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, after lurking all over the internet to find a solution to my problem, i have decided to ask for some help. Below i describe my situation.

I have a PAL console with a wiikey installed and i was assured of its authenticity by both the modder (from a very popular mod-related store) and by the fact that the 1.9g update worked flawlessly, allowing me to play Galaxy.

My console is at the latest firmware, 3.1e.

I held off obtaining the SL release of SSBB and when the DVD9 version came out, i obtained and burnt it onto a Verbatim DVD-R DL disc. I fully installed with the update on the disc and sure enough i got 2 extra channels. I threw them to the last page of my channels and proceeded to try running SSBB. I burnt the iso at 2.4X using imgburn.

In the Disc channel, the intro appears fine. When i actually try to play, i get the error:

error #001 - unauthorised device detected.

I'm almost certain my wiikey is authentic, the modder is listed reseller from the (now dead)wiikey website.

Yes i have region override turned on, since other NTSC-U games run fine.

No i did not brickblock or regionfrii patch my ssbb iso.

Yes Glalaxy is working perfectly along with every other game at the moment. My settings window is also fully working.

I tried running the 1.9g firmware update again, just to be super sure, and that happened perfectly without a hitch.

Tried running the game again and sure enough same error.

Is there something I'm missing here? I have one more Dual layer DVD-R right next to me, and I'm really tempted to reburn the iso after patching with brickblocker, however my logic insists that this will have no effect.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Harry.

Same Pb please help us

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't quite figure out why this is happening, but not sure what number-of-sectors wiikey will "lie obout" to the wii when a DVD-R DL disc is inserted.

My only suggestion: use a DVD+R DL disc instead. DVD-R DL report different number of sectors to the drive than DVD+R DL discs, so maybe it has something to do with that, as the original Super Mario Galaxy protection was actually a query for the number of sectors on the disc and DVD+R has a different number than DVD-R than original pressed DVD5 discs, so that's when the Unathorized device shows up.

I read from people succesfully using DVD-R DL for this game, but who knows. Also, do you know your type of driver controller? (DMS, D2A, D2B) ... maybe there is a bug in the wiikey firmware that only shows up with DVD-R DL discs and only in one of those controllers (the wiikey code is different for each).

Can't think of anything else to try beyond that. And of course the 1.9g update, but you have already tried that.

Also, try a different burning program. Perhaps the one you used messes up with your DVD-R DL media and puts out a "weird" non-standard disc (like say sets the booktype to dvd-r instead of dvd-r dl ... I know "minus" media doesn't allow to set booktype or region break, but I'm just saying that maybe that recorder with those settings used in that burning application produces a "weird-non-standard" DVD disc that confuses the hell out of the wiikey)

So what burning software did you guys use? Have you guys by any chance run the Wii Chess game and use the updates from that? Or the Donkey Kong Jet Racer?

Also, I'm assuming you've also tried the holly grail of all solutions. Unplugging (from the power cord) your Wii and plugging it in again. Just in case.

Azerphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just burned the DVD9 release using Region Free and the newest BrickBlocker. This is on a US Wii with a 1.9 Wiikey.

Loaded up fine and did not prompt for the update, no freezes or anything and I am on the 4th mission of the story mode.

However I already burned 2 copies of the DVD5 release and succesfully did the 15% trick so as to not get any double channels, so I belive you will still need to burn one copy of the DVD5 or DVD9 release that hasn't been BrickBlocked in order to fully update or do the 15% trick to get it to load.

Pazu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It may have been already said but I've found nothing in the few previous pages ...
So, by any chance, do we know if the Online mode (Random battles) works with this DL release ?
Sorry if it was already answered
shy.gif

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just burned the DVD9 release using Region Free and the newest BrickBlocker. This is on a US Wii with a 1.9 Wiikey.

Loaded up fine and did not prompt for the update, no freezes or anything and I am on the 4th mission of the story mode.

However I already burned 2 copies of the DVD5 release and succesfully did the 15% trick so as to not get any double channels, so I belive you will still need to burn one copy of the DVD5 or DVD9 release that hasn't been BrickBlocked in order to fully update or do the 15% trick to get it to load.
Well, at least we know the new brickblocker doesn't mess up the DVD9 release, so thanks for that.
Now we need someone to use a brickblocked DVD9 on a "virgin" console and report in.

BTW, what brand/type of media did you use? +/-?

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, at least we know the new brickblocker doesn't mess up the DVD9 release, so thanks for that.
Now we need someone to use a brickblocked DVD9 on a "virgin" console and report in.

BTW, what brand/type of media did you use? +/-?

Someone at PSX-Scene said this:

QUOTETested it out with a DVD-R DL burn @ 4x.

The game loads in the wii's disc channel. but when I click the start function it goes to a black screen and freezes.

I have not installed any (not even 15%) of the japanese update, so I'm assuming thats why it wont load.

Personally, I'de rather wait for the US version if theres no way to not update. I dont fell comfortable with any, jap update files floatin around in my wii. Guess thats just me though.

Btw, did I mention that i'm using a WiiKey, on a NTSC (US) console..

Hope this info helps someone, (at least save a blank disc if anything)...

-HHEL11

chuckdeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I confirm that the latest update of Wiibrickblocker (V.1.32R) works with DVD9 SSBB. Therefore, no need to do the swap trick.

Imorra

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just my two cents:

My game is working 100%. I have a PAL wii, with 3.1E firmware and wiikey 1.9G. I burned the game with Img Burn on 2.4x speed on a Verbatim DVD+R DL (I left the Layer Break on the original setting, which is Calculate Optimal). My console was a 'virgin' console as you guys call it, I didn't run the single layer SBB on it. I did install the firmware update from the dual layer version however (I don't care about the duplicate channels).

I had to put my TV on 50hz for Brawl to work smoothly though (the screen would remain black if I put it on 60hz, although I could hear the game playing).

Edit; Forgot to mention, I did NOT use Brickblocker or RegionFrii on the ISO.

Ralle1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just to burn with IMGburn like an 4.7 gb disc? or must I change some settings in IMGburn like:
Use Layer Jump Recording (-R DL) or layer break?

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
@Imorra To be honest I would like to know if the new brick blocker can prevent the extra channels on a "virgin" machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1