Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,630
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
So wait brickblocker doesnt work on the dvd9?

Yes You need to wait until new release with DL support.
Or download SL version to make 15% trick and later just swap in menu SL(with BB) to DL(no BB).
Or You want a semibrick
smile.gif

ok cheers chap already done 15% trick with SL

Crippler666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm just scared if i do the full update and get the duplicate channels that it will cause bad things to the wii that we dont know yet, like not be able to update with future releases or when eng ssbb will be out that we cant play it or whatever, can anyone confirm something?
unsure.gif

cause i dont care about duplicate channels i'll just put them on the last page, i really doubt one day i'll get all channels on the way to the last page lol

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question... I didn't download the dvd5 version, do I still need it to run the dvd9 version on wiikey swapping the disks?

Crippler666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You wont just get duplicate channels but you wont able to acess your wii setting! It will semi brick your wii

but with the dvd9 version you just have to quit by 15% and then reset...and then you shouldnt have an semibrick

yeah i mean if i let the full update of the dvd9 version its supposed to do nothing harmless to my wii, except the duplicate channel, not supposed to semi brick.. thats what i say i dont care about the duplicate channels i'll put them to the end of the last page, but is anybody able to confirm if i update with the ntsc-j version of ssbb dvd9 on my ntsc-u wii 3.1 and 1.9g wiikey firmware, will this affect future releases and future updates? like if i do the japanese update and later i get the north american release, will this have an us update that i wont be able to have thus not be able to play the na version? or if i do the japanese update will i be able to do a later on future english update, like i dont know a game that will be out on september 08 like..?

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wii brickblocker didnt recognise the large iso, so it wouldnt work for me

regionfrii has the same feautres as brickblocker too..
has anyone tried using this instead of bb to remove the update?

Iwill try this and let you know in 40 min.

i thought you dont need an brickblocked version..

just input the unbrickblocked dvd-9 version...quit by 15% ---> and it should work fine

or am i wrong?

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

just input the unbrickblocked dvd-9 version...quit by 15% ---> and it should work fine

or am i wrong?

Nope! Because it starts the update again everytime. It worked with the DVD5 version, because after you powered down at 15% update, you then only use the brickblocked version (which doesn't have the update)

The swap trick ONLY works with one original DVD (with the update) and a brickblocked DVD, and since the DL DVD can't be brickblocked you can only A) do the full update and get duplicate channels or B) start with the DVD5 (single layer) version and on the main menu put in the DVD9 version.

Yep that's it I think.

tkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

or am i wrong?

Nope! Because it starts the update again everytime. It worked with the DVD5 version, because after you powered down at 15% update, you then only use the brickblocked version (which doesn't have the update)

The swap trick ONLY works with one original DVD (with the update) and a brickblocked DVD, and since the DL DVD can't be brickblocked you can only A) do the full update and get duplicate channels or B) start with the DVD5 (single layer) version and on the main menu put in the DVD9 version.

Yep that's it I think.
Exactly, so soon I will now if we can skip the swaping described in B)

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
Can someone simply make a recap of all the important info posted so far and all compatible modchips? it would save alot of redundent posts from people who dont want to navigate the 39 pages in this thread.

tkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

or am i wrong?

Yep that's it I think.
Exactly, so soon I will now if we can skip the swaping described in B)

It worked for me, I used RegionFrii 1.21 and the first partition from my brickblocked DVD5 wich I injected to my DVD9 image.
Now I can play the DVD9 without swaping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof