Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,129
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i thought you dont need an brickblocked version..

just input the unbrickblocked dvd-9 version...quit by 15% ---> and it should work fine

or am i wrong?

Nope! Because it starts the update again everytime. It worked with the DVD5 version, because after you powered down at 15% update, you then only use the brickblocked version (which doesn't have the update)

The swap trick ONLY works with one original DVD (with the update) and a brickblocked DVD, and since the DL DVD can't be brickblocked you can only A) do the full update and get duplicate channels or B) start with the DVD5 (single layer) version and on the main menu put in the DVD9 version.

Yep that's it I think.

Exactly, so soon I will now if we can skip the swaping described in B)

It worked for me, I used RegionFrii 1.21 and the first partition from my brickblocked DVD5 wich I injected to my DVD9 image.
Now I can play the DVD9 without swaping.

Okay can you tell me exactly how to do that???

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

just input the unbrickblocked dvd-9 version...quit by 15% ---> and it should work fine

or am i wrong?

Nope! Because it starts the update again everytime. It worked with the DVD5 version, because after you powered down at 15% update, you then only use the brickblocked version (which doesn't have the update)

The swap trick ONLY works with one original DVD (with the update) and a brickblocked DVD, and since the DL DVD can't be brickblocked you can only A) do the full update and get duplicate channels or B) start with the DVD5 (single layer) version and on the main menu put in the DVD9 version.

Yep that's it I think.

It worked for me, I used RegionFrii 1.21 and the first partition from my brickblocked DVD5 wich I injected to my DVD9 image.

I too would like this information.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a PAL wii with wiikey 1.9g and my wii PAL in 3.1E...if i make the update my wii is bricked NO?

Please! Stop asking the same stupid questions over and over again.
cry.gif

Read the thread or try for yourself.

tkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

or am i wrong?

Yep that's it I think.

It worked for me, I used and the first partition from my brickblocked DVD5 wich I injected to my DVD9 image.

I too would like this information.
If you start RegionFrii 1.21 and try i'm sure you will figure it out. Don't have time to write a user guide, have to play ;-)..

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that the answer to this is yes but I'm not totally sure so I ask :
can I get away with it by burning ONLY the DVD9 ? I suppose I'd have to get duplicate channels in that case ?

Is there a way to brickblock the DVD9 without the DVD5 ?

WiggityWiener

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I've read through most of this thread and don't see any mention of this so here goes...

Has anyone tried the new version of BrickBlocker? Version 1.3R2 (apparently released today)..

In the words of the author..
QUOTE said:
I come back after a long time without updates but today it's necessary because Wii games are on Dual Layer DVD. I have made a little update that I can't test now because I haven't bought yet the game that makes issues.

I would much rather BrickBlock the DVD9 version than be swapping all the time.. I'd test myself but my copy is down yet.

thanks

Baiano19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, let me se if I got all that:

Both DVD 5 and DVD9 runs on Wiikey, BUT the full version will only run if you swap discs, is that right?

Also, in the DVD5 version, if I turn off the console at the 15% of the update I WON´T get duplicate channels, true?

And, finally ,what will the new brickclocker supporting Dual Layer do?

I trying not to be a noob, but I think those questions are pertinent.

Thanks

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I'm glad I waited for the full release. Perhaps by the time I get home from work today (just 7 hours to go, graaaagh) I'll at least know if this new brickblocker works.

Now I just need to rally the tards on the OpenWii forums (since it's like the only place where OpenWii users are) and get one of 'em to try it out.

Ok, let me se if I got all that:

Both DVD 5 and DVD9 runs on Wiikey, BUT the full version will only run if you swap discs, is that right?

Also, in the DVD5 version, if I turn off the console at the 15% of the update I WON´T get duplicate channels, true?

And, finally ,what will the new brickclocker supporting Dual Layer do?

I trying not to be a noob, but I think those questions are pertinent.

Thanks

The questions are pertinent, but you have failed at being a noob. They have all been answered already. Don't be lazy. Read the thread.
lecture.gif

garyla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People that have a Pal Wii, and have burnt their DVD5 brawl iso into a DVD, what speed would you recommend?

I have read people use 6x , 4x . I personallyuse 2.4x since people say it's the best.

Should I stick with my usual burn speed or does brawl require a faster one?

The software I use is IMGburn.

Thanks in advance.

Baiano19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, now I'm glad I waited for the full release. Perhaps by the time I get home from work today (just 7 hours to go, graaaagh) I'll at least know if this new brickblocker works.

Now I just need to rally the tards on the OpenWii forums (since it's like the only place where OpenWii users are) and get one of 'em to try it out.

The questions are pertinent, but you have failed at being a noob. They have all been answered already. Don't be lazy. Read the thread.Â
lecture.gif

Yeah, I read the thread, I just trying to be extra carefull.

BTW, someone replied that besides the double channels, you also can´t acces the config menu. Is this true? No confirmed or denied after him...

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, after lurking all over the internet to find a solution to my problem, i have decided to ask for some help. Below i describe my situation.

I have a PAL console with a wiikey installed and i was assured of its authenticity by both the modder (from a very popular mod-related store) and by the fact that the 1.9g update worked flawlessly, allowing me to play Galaxy.

My console is at the latest firmware, 3.1e.

I held off obtaining the SL release of SSBB and when the DVD9 version came out, i obtained and burnt it onto a Verbatim DVD-R DL disc. I fully installed with the update on the disc and sure enough i got 2 extra channels. I threw them to the last page of my channels and proceeded to try running SSBB. I burnt the iso at 2.4X using imgburn.

In the Disc channel, the intro appears fine. When i actually try to play, i get the error:

error #001 - unauthorised device detected.

I'm almost certain my wiikey is authentic, the modder is listed reseller from the (now dead)wiikey website.

Yes i have region override turned on, since other NTSC-U games run fine.

No i did not brickblock or regionfrii patch my ssbb iso.

Yes Glalaxy is working perfectly along with every other game at the moment. My settings window is also fully working.

I tried running the 1.9g firmware update again, just to be super sure, and that happened perfectly without a hitch.

Tried running the game again and sure enough same error.

Is there something I'm missing here? I have one more Dual layer DVD-R right next to me, and I'm really tempted to reburn the iso after patching with brickblocker, however my logic insists that this will have no effect.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Harry.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't mess with the disc swap trick. All chips work fine (including wiikey) without swaping. Swaping is something that some people optionally decide to do since they couldn't run brick-blocker on the DVD9 ISO.

There are two options to avoid having to swap. Option A leaves you with duplicated channels but the only thing you need is a single DVD9 release disc. Option B doens't leave you with duplicate channels but you do need two discs (either two release DVD9 discs or one release DVD9 disc and one DVD5 disc).

**Remember not to run the update AT ALL (total or partially) if your wii is not previously upgraded to begin with at 3.1. or you risk serious problems**** If your Wii's firmware is already at 3.1, just about everyone has reported success with either options and there seems to be no risk of "bricking". As always, use at your own risk, tough.

OPTION A (DUPLICATED CHANNELS, NO SWAP)
-Burn your DVD9 to a dual layer DVD+ DL (or DVD-R DL) disc.
-You may need to run regionfrii on your ISO before you burn it unless your chip has automatic mutiregion enabled. In this case, running regionfrii is optional. It never "hurts" to run it, so if you are in doubt, feel free to run it regardless or whether you need it or not.
-Now put the disc in and it will prompt you to run the update. Let it finish to 100%.
-Your are done. No more problems or swaps. It leaves you duplicated channels, though. Just play your DVD9 disc normally from now on. No swap, no update, no nothing.

OPTION B (NO DUPLICATED CHANNELS, NO SWAP)
-Burn your DVD9 to a dual layer DVD+ DL (or DVD-R DL) disc or, alternatively, if you also have the DVD5 version, you can instead burn that to a single layer disc. This disc will only be used once, so if you don't want to waste a Dual Layer disc and already have downloaded the DVD5 version, you can use that. Either one. Doesn't matter.
-You may need to run regionfrii on your ISO before you burn it unless your chip has automatic mutiregion enabled. In this case, running regionfrii is optional.
-Now put the disc in and it will prompt you to run the update. Let it run only till about 15% is done and unplug your wii.
-You are done with this disc. You no longer need to run it again.
-Now burn another disc with the DVD9 release but brick-block it first by using wii-update-remover 1.0 or the NEW version of brick-blocker just out. Again, you may need to also run regionfrii on the iso before you burn it if you don't have automatic multiregion support enabled from your chip.
-That's it. Just play this disc normally from now on. No swaping, no update, no duplicated channels, no nothing. Just play.

You can find wii-update-remover here Wii update remover 1.0.exe

It's a command line (DOS-type) application, so it doesn't have a graphical user interface. Just drag-and-drop your dvd9.iso file on it and it will be "brick-blocked". Please note that it will patch the original ISO file and there is no "undo option" so if you want to preserve your "non-brick-blocked" original ISO copy don't run it through the wii-update-remover. Use a copy of you iso file instead. Also, make sure you only run your iso once through the wii-update-remover, as the ISO may not work if you run it twice through the wii-update-remover.

Untested also is the new version of brick-blocker with DVD9 support. You can get it from here: http://wbb.rockman18.com/

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No i did not brickblock or regionfrii patch my ssbb iso.

Harry, you probably want to patch the ISO with those.
You wonder why you got an error?

It's most likely because it didn't recognize the ISO because it is not a PAL ISO or that the Wiikey is incompatible with the game as of now.

So, if I were wanting to play the game on a PAL console - I'd patch the game with the brick blocker and RegionFrii (find links to download these programs on the GBAtemp Wiki).

EDIT:

Use enriqueiglesias' method posted above.
wink.gif

initials-cc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Plz help me
I don't understand my version in DVD 5 works but in DVD 9 it start, ask me questions in japanese but instead of plys the intro he write me a green message in japanese and block why ?
I'm on wiikey 1.9g and i try 50hz 60hz and 480p
Thanks to help me
ps : my dvd dl is -r mediarange
+ r blank disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__