Status
Not open for further replies.

RingKing97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick point

The D2C doesn't work on the older wii's, so wiikey doesn't have anything to sell us. If the there in no update then we all go get a cyclone there SOL no one would buy WiiKey. So they might just string us along until they have a fix. Sounds logical doesn't it??

Celsius

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick point

The D2C doesn't work on the older wii's, so wiikey doesn't have anything to sell us. If the there in no update then we all go get a cyclone there SOL no one would buy WiiKey. So they might just string us along until they have a fix. Sounds logical doesn't it??

No, that does not sound logical....

In fact a shiny gold coin for anyone who can decipher through the bad spelling, grammar and prose what this guy is talking about.

I was so confused by this post that I felt it necessary to register after lurking for some time and ask

WTF?!

huh.gif

tehcid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick point

In fact a shiny gold coin for anyone who can decipher through the bad spelling, grammar and prose what this guy is talking about.

I was so confused by this post that I felt it necessary to register after lurking for some time and ask

WTF?!

huh.gif

Calls 'em as I sees 'em
lecture.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a cyclowiz clone out? hook me up! No way am I paying 40 bucks for one!

That said, I want this game to have never come out so the forums would have never gotten screwed up... MISSSION: KILL MIYAMOTO!
EDIT: Wow, because of shinji's spoiler I will actually collect all the stars this time
biggrin.gif

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick point

WTF?!

huh.gif

Translation: "I do not believe that the D2Ckey modchip will work on older model chips (for example the D2A drive chip). As this seems to be the case then Wiikey will make no further money from us. The upshot of this is that anyone buying a chip for an older drive model will automatically go for a cyclowiz due to the increased compatibility, putting the Wiikey team in severe financial hardship. The logical conclusion of this is that it's possible the Wiikey team currently don't have a fix but are giving the impression they do, just to keep people's confidence.

Does that sound reasonable to you?"

Personally I think the "fix" is on the way though.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Translation: "I do not believe that the D2Ckey modchip will work on older model chips (for example the D2A drive chip). As this seems to be the case then Wiikey will make no further money from us by making us buy the D2CKey. The upshot of this is that anyone buying a chip for an older drive model will automatically go for a cyclowiz due to the increased compatibility, putting the Wiikey team in severe financial hardship. The logical conclusion of this is that it's possible the Wiikey team currently don't have a fix but are giving the impression they do, just to keep people's confidence.

Does that sound reasonable to you?"
added something to explain the reasons.

busynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news for wiinja deluxe:

01/09/07 WIINJA DELUXE & WIINJA DELUXE LIMITED EDITION Upgrade 4 Released !! , Adds SUPER MARIO GALAXY Error 001 Support,Improves DVD9 and rest of medias reading.

wiikey where is the update?

azhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grats wiinja!

Now since the PIC chips can definitely do it, let's see some WiiFree or YAOSM action!

Too bad the wiinewz forums are down right now, I can imagine productivity will triple now that there's something to work off (Especially if they can find out what the wiinja code does)

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
awesome that the oldest (I think) modchip designed for the wii system has a way to circumvent the protection, congrats to whoever did that

In the meantime, still waiting for something new about wiikey, but I trust them (and I'm getting a 360 in order to wait for wiikey team to release a new firmware or for cinebox to ship my game)

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome that the oldest (I think) modchip designed for the wii system has a way to circumvent the protection, congrats to whoever did that

In the meantime, still waiting for something new about wiikey, but I trust them (and I'm getting a 360 in order to wait for wiikey team to release a new firmware or for cinebox to ship my game)

all the modchips were just essential clones of each other with basically the same parts and solder points. if one of them can do it, the others can!

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Im sure wiikey can be done then.. wiinja deluxe isnt too different i expect.

I have a wiikey installed, but also have a spare Wiinja deluxe. Ill use that if an update isnt ready by next week.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im sure wiikey can be done then.. wiinja deluxe isnt too different i expect.

I have a wiikey installed, but also have a spare Wiinja deluxe. Ill use that if an update isnt ready by next week.

You're just like a real squirrel then Redsquirrel. You have spare modchips lying around like they were nuts...
laugh.gif

shadow_arg

Trophies
XP
Country
[07.11.01] Wiikey update 1.9g (as in galaxy!) beta released!

We are pleased to announce that BETA HOTFIX v1.9g of the Wiikey firmware is now available to download. Please note that this is a BETA HOTFIX released as an immediate response to feedback from users regarding SMG. It comes with absolutely no warranty or guarantees. Use it at your own risk! Feedback is welcome, but please send your message one time only. We can't reply to every message we get, but we do read all of them.

The Wiikey Team would like to thank all of those who sent in their messages of support over the last few days. Knowing that there are so many kind people out there has really made the whole thing worthwhile. Thanks! :-)

Raze1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah...just wanted to post the Wiikey news ^^

Now we PAL users just have to wait for our release. Should be here soon.

enigmak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
At last, that's what they should do! As for their now warranty issues, that's absolutely fair. If people want it so fast that bad, they should use it on their own risk! Personally, I will wait for a few tests before I drop the ball and try it!

Report on double channels for PAL Wii anyone??

Ah...just wanted to post the Wiikey news ^^

It is also a PAL release, it is included in the Zipped firmware
wink.gif

Epohax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

What do you mean? The PAL update is in the .rar file too. The NTSC Mario Galaxy should work on PAL wii's too. In fact, I'm about to test it.

About the Wiikey update, it's 40MB, should one burn it to DVD or CDROM?

edit: I burned it to DVD, and the update went perfectly. Unrarring & burning Galaxy now. Expect update soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44