MrMojo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm ..the problem is the "delivery system"
that sounds not that easy..

i dont think an dvd update will make it this time

They just need to find a way to update the chip i think.
And how would you update if not DVD? :S

Get out your solderkit guys!

Be ready to attach 24 more wires to your Wiikey´s!!!

*anyone quoting me saying "What is point to solder on? Gief Schem plz...please drop dead*

edit: Keshin they arent talking about what media...they are talking about how the acual "programming" shall be ran so that the core of the chip properly continues to work...oh fuck it...why do I even try to bother...

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean they forgot how to make an update?
Who knows? It's the wiikey team after all
laugh.gif

Haschtomte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I´m pretty sure the Update will be released under the form of a DVD since the Cyclowiz Update was on DVD too and both Wiikey and Cyclowiz are based on the same circuits.

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm ..the problem is the "delivery system"
that sounds not that easy..

i dont think an dvd update will make it this time

They just need to find a way to update the chip i think.
And how would you update if not DVD? :S

Get out your solderkit guys!

Be ready to attach 24 more wires to your Wiikey´s!!!

*anyone quoting me saying "What is point to solder on? Gief Schem plz...please drop dead*

edit: Keshin they arent talking about what media...they are talking about how the acual "programming" shall be ran so that the core of the chip properly continues to work...oh fuck it...why do I even try to bother...

i see..thx

Ramis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL wii and have played Mario Galaxy. I have some comments:

Super Mario Galaxy does not have any additional effects when you already have duplicate channels, so i see no reason to wait for a PAL version if you already have them.

If you dont have the duplicate channels yet i see two options. Either do the 10% trick (i dont like it though) or just go with the duplicate channels. I have put them to the far right in my channel display to be never seen again. We will probaby see a lot more games that will have this problem in the future

Cut from the Cyclowiz forum:

QUOTE said:
Instructions for PAL Users:

1) Update your Wii to 3.1E using WiFi or a PAL Game that provides the Update.
2) Get the Cyclowiz Update from Cyclowiz's from the Threads 1st post
3) Update Your Wii with the Cyclowiz 3.6 BETA
4) Insert Super Mario Galaxy and Update (This results in Duplicate News / Weather Channels)
5) Set Your console to English Language / UK Region (ELSE IT WONT WORK!, I TRIED WITH GERMAN!)
6) Enjoy

Another note: Its safe to update over Wifi even though you have duplicate channels. I followed the instructions and it worked fine

Haschtomte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It´s in the best interest of the Wiikey Team to come up with an Update quick since i doubt they will sell any more keys if newer games doesn´t work.

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
I went with the 10% trick on Metriod but i'm not sure if i want to risk it again :/

Haschtomte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I went with the 10% trick on Metriod but i'm not sure if i want to risk it again :/

Do _NOT_ try this trick on Super Mario Galaxy if you have a PAL Wii which i think you have, my friend Semi-Bricked his Wii after trying this, he can´t enter the Wii Settings menu anymore after doing this, it´s not worth trying since it won´t work.

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country

SgtMcBadass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys ive been following every page of this topic. I also have a Wiikey. I burned Galaxy and did the update off the disc. Will I still be able to update my wiikey after I ran the galaxy update? Or did I do something very bad?

daanienke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
From the Wiikey site:

[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue

In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

[07.10.29] Issues with Super Mario Galaxy

Within the last 24 hours, we have received a huge number of emails from Wiikey users asking about the issues with the new Super Mario Galaxy game that are affecting all serial modchips. We would like to assure everyone that we are currently investigating the issues and will post a new announcement as soon as we have something to report.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and for your continued support. Although we cannot reply to each individual email, please be assured that all of your comments are being read and taken seriously.

Haschtomte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

fattar inte varför, ja körde en fullupdate utan problem, förstår inte allt ståhej om Metroid, likaså har jag gjort det på en polares maskin utan problem...

It works just on _METROID_ and not on Super Mario Galaxy, trying this trick again with SMG is just foolish since a lot of people have tried it and Semi-Bricked their consoles.

Why can´t people understand this? Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is _NOT_ the same damn game as SMG
smile.gif

I don´t know why it doesn´t work on SMG, it just doesn´t.

malacai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

fattar inte varför, ja körde en fullupdate utan problem, förstår inte allt ståhej om Metroid, likaså har jag gjort det på en polares maskin utan problem...
Jag gillar att ta risker?
happy.gif

hehe samma här
wink.gif
.. har uppdaterat allt, alltid kört utan wiiBrickBlocker... kanske har jag bara haft tur, inte vet jag.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo