Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hmm ..the problem is the "delivery system"
that sounds not that easy..

i dont think an dvd update will make it this time

They just need to find a way to update the chip i think.
And how would you update if not DVD? :S
i dont know..but if it would be a dvd..they could just have said..dvd..

but delivery system is strange
I think it was the Cyclowiz team that hinted that you could only update the EEPROM on the wiikey via DVD, nothing else - any really major change in functionality can't be done this way.

Then again maybe my memory is lying to me.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I really really hope there will be some kind of ISO patcher, 'couse I have some home made chip with wiikey fw on it, so I can't update (yes they screwed me, they said they are gona install a wiikey in my wii)...

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm glad the wiikey team guys are not as unforgiving as I am, because after all those posts saying that they should go to hell and such, they're still fixing compatibility issues...

I'll make a donation as soon as I will be able to (especially since my original wiikey only cost me 20€, soldering included)

and I'm glad for cyclowiz owners too, everybody, keep up your good work
smile.gif

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really really hope there will be some kind of ISO patcher, 'couse I have some home made chip with wiikey fw on it, so I can't update (yes they screwed me, they said they are gona install a wiikey in my wii)...

If it's homemade then you should be able to reuse the wires they ran to a new modchip like a cyclowiz. With the wires already run the solder job would be far easier. Cut your losses and go with a product with good support.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

If it's homemade then you should be able to reuse the wires they ran to a new modchip like a cyclowiz. With the wires already run the solder job would be far easier. Cut your losses and go with a product with good support.

Well, I don't know how to solder etc. They did this in local shop here (Croatia), and I allready had a fight with them becouse they screwed my original Wii, so they gave me a new one.... I don't wanna have busines with them anymore...

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
So what make the CycloWiz so simple to update and not the WiiKey? I guess it looks like a more complicated chip, anyone care to explain?

And would it be possible to make a program like a Brick Blocker that kills the part of the code that causes the whole problem? I know it's encrypted but then how did they work out the brick blocker?

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
well if wiikey dont sort it soon, then they wont sell wiikey anymore. If their chip can not be used on any new games whats the point of buying wiikey over cyclowiz etc

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
So what make the CycloWiz so simple to update and not the WiiKey? I guess it looks like a more complicated chip, anyone care to explain?

And would it be possible to make a program like a Brick Blocker that kills the part of the code that causes the whole problem? I know it's encrypted but then how did they work out the brick blocker?
I just think the Wiikey people are more cautious about releasing updates....look at the last update, it was finished month before release but they wanted to beta test it to the max!

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I think the Wiikey teams bets a bit of a rough deal... Their chip does exactly what it is meant to; play back-ups of Wii games, with partial region-free. Then they released the update to fix the audio-streaming problem.

I think the funniest post I read after that was (paraphrasing):

"Yes!!!!1!!! Now my Wii is the Gamecube I always wanted!!!1!11!!!"

It is in their best interests to sort this copy protection thing and I believe that they will... Give it a little time. Personally, I'd much rather an update that has been tested and found to be stable than a rushed, half-assed update...

PlayingKarrde

Entered 77
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue

In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

This is from http://wiikey.cn/

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

?

This was posted pages ago...

PlayingKarrde

Entered 77
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

?

This was posted pages ago...
Oops sorry, its late and I just changed computers. Seems I missed about 7 pages there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +1
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol +1