Wii #0239 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (USA)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've updated the first post to include the new information for PAL users as well as adding in a comment in the Comment Section.

I hope it helps everyone out.

I really wish I could play this game but I'm still on 2.2E and I don't fancy duplicate channels I can not delete. So it looks like I'll be waiting for the PAL release.....

...oh well, back to Bioshock
gba.gif

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering, when i get the duplicate channels and later on a new firmware will arive (i.e 3.5 E)
if i update with that firmware will the duplicate channels disapear ?

KrashLF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The fact that it installs the 3.0U firmware on PAL consoles and produces double channels worries me.

I am thinking about future firmware updates... What will happen?

If it detected a US firmware, maybe the PAL update will brick my wii.
huh.gif

Any opionions about this?

c0detracer

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe a new version of Wii Brick Blocker would be in order. They might have changed something with the update "track" on the image and now if you run WBB it will just corrupt the image. If we can get WBB to remove the update I will definitely run the game.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The fact that it installs the 3.0U firmware on PAL consoles and produces double channels worries me.

If it detected a US firmware, maybe the PAL update will brick my wii.Â
huh.gif

I agree. I think that future updates can detect NTSC channels and brick the Wii because of possible mod chip :'(

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Darunia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have any PAL users tried updating from 3.0E without first updating with the small update that came out a couple of days after the 3.0 update? The one that fixes a couple of the bugs like going back to the wii menu in the opera browser.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
So now our question is, how do we stop the duplicate channels?

Someone COULD figure out why this happens and how to stop it... But... The general impression I get is that hackers/coders in the Wii scene are far less dedicated/talented than those crazy programmers in the PSP scene for example. Seems like noone can really be bothered with the Wii...

*Please don't flame me. Just my opinion. If I am way of base feel free to correct me.
You can't compare the ease of PSP iso hacking to the Wii. We can't access the disc's files and rebuild the disc image like the PSP.
I'm not flamin' ya, you just don't know what you're talking about.
wink.gif

saturnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it detected a US firmware, maybe the PAL update will brick my wii.Â
huh.gif

On the other way if peope are still in firmware 3.0E and not 3.0U that's a good sign.
But i have to reveal that i'm also a little worried.

question

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the best thing would be to wait for a new E upgrade, when 3.1E arrives hopefully it will include what is beeing patched by metroid and by that the brickfree (or what it's called, never used it) patched iso will work.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've updated the first post to include the new information for PAL users as well as adding in a comment in the Comment Section.

I hope it helps everyone out.

I really wish I could play this game but I'm still on 2.2E and I don't fancy duplicate channels I can not delete. So it looks like I'll be waiting for the PAL release.....

...oh well, back to Bioshock
gba.gif

ditto, i'm doing exactly that aswell.
lecture.gif
it's gonna be a long 2 months but it will hopefully be worth the wait, and by that time hopefully a new updated version of the brick blocker program will be released to remove this 3.0 update. (which i will never update to as i use a freeloader)

man, it sucks we won't be playing it (so looking forward to playing this game for ages) but i guess i have other games i can play in the mean time!

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
wait, can't the author of WiiBrickBlocker just update his program to work with MP3? That sounds alot simpler than trying to figure how to fix it after the damage has been done.

Someone contact the guy and tell him to get his act together (nicely).

[his website is here: http://wbb.rockman18.com/index.php?page=home&ln=en ]

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you only get dublicate channels? The other real PAL channels still work? If true, well that's not a big of a deal, just put them on the end.

Also can't you just erase all data on the Wii? In the Wii menu it says it also erases all channels. Be sure backup your saves on mem-card before trying this imo.

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg, i have been waiting for this release the whole weekend.
I wont settle for duplicate channels, so its waiting for the PAL release (can anyone tell me when that would be??)
or its waiting for an update @ wiibrickblocker.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

To sum up what pal users risks : the wii internal memory holds the wii os binaries + support files (like graphics or text) + channels which are a combination of binaries and data.
If the update alter the latter, and only them, it is harmless. But if it changes one of the first two it's a no go, as even having a not bricked console right now could result in a brick later when updating.
I'd rather wait even if I was waiting for this game.
one could alter the iso to remove the update, and it can be done earlier than you think...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...