Wii #0239 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (USA)

A

armand66

I PM'd him earlier with the same questions, he said
"my console have the firmware 3.0 i didn't patch the iso cause i have a wiikey."

ROFL, oh god, well, there is stupidity, luck, moronic and BEYOND LUCKY things that go on, and that is all of them in one go.

That's not so much taking one for the team, as not realizing Wiikey or not, it wouldn't have stopped a brick if there was a new update ready to nuff his system lol.

Luuuuucky lol.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"my console have the firmware 3.0 i didn't patch the iso cause i have a wiikey."

ROFL, oh god, well, there is stupidity, luck, moronic and BEYOND LUCKY things that go on, and that is all of them in one go.

That's not so much taking one for the team, as not realizing Wiikey or not, it wouldn't have stopped a brick if there was a new update ready to nuff his system lol.

Luuuuucky lol.
Isn't the "patching" referring more with Wiikey's partial region free? I thought people already confirmed it was working on 3.0E earlier in the thread.

A

armand66

Luuuuucky lol.
Isn't the "patching" referring more with Wiikey's partial region free? I thought people already confirmed it was working on 3.0E earlier in the thread.

Wiikeys partial region free does not in any way stop a new regions update. Wiikey users who updated to Super Paper Mario found that out the hard way. 2.2E users who play MP3 will also likely nuff their system if they accept the update. Wiikey has nothing to do with it, or any other modchip. You simply gotta have your system updated to the latest point for it to be able to run.

wolfangus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i have burn the iso patched with (regionfrii).
My wii are pal french in 3.0.
I insert the game and nothing hapend on the screen.
I go on dvd channel and my wii ask me for an update.
I make this update.
My wii say "ba careful if you have moded etc..."
No fear i make it.
My wii reboot and now in dvd channel i can see metroid.
So i launch it and the game work in french.
I can always access setting and stay in 3.0E.

Of course i'm french so be nice and don't be to bad with my poor english.

Oh i forget : double channel weather and news.

Pour les francais :
J'ai graver le jeu patcher avec regionfrii 1.2
Ma wii est deja en 3.0 pal
Quand on met le jeu la chaine dvd n'indique rien mais quand on rentre dedans une mise a jour est demandé.
Si on l'accepte on obtien le message qui fait peur "votre wii pourrais ne plus marcher...."
J'ai fait la mise a jour quand même.
Ma wii a rebouter sans souci et cette fois dans la chaine dvd j'ai bien metroid.
Attention vous aurez la chaine info et meteo en double par contre (rien de grave).
Le jeu se lance sans souci et il est en francais (les textes pas les voix).
Voila amusez vous.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiikeys partial region free does not in any way stop a new regions update. Wiikey users who updated to Super Paper Mario found that out the hard way. 2.2E users who play MP3 will also likely nuff their system if they accept the update. Wiikey has nothing to do with it, or any other modchip. You simply gotta have your system updated to the latest point for it to be able to run.
My point was since it was already confirmed working with 3.0E and without Brickblocker, the patching meant something that did not have to with an update.

Seems like people are too busy playing to post impressions. I'm still trying to get it myself.
frown.gif

maxmoore

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone. It's my first post here and I have some question for you:

- How can I download the game? Because I have some links with megaupload server and they are working now but I don't have premium account in this server. I would like to find some links in rapidshare.com If I can.

- Where are you downloading the game? For torrent, rapid or other server...

I have a PAL console... for Metroid 3 ... does it secure to download in our console? because it's NTSC (maybe regionfrii can patch it and we can play without problem... no?)

Thanks a lot!

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heres my take on the controls. It takes some getting used to and never reaches that level of keyboard/mouse precision. Probably the best fps controls so far though. The standard sensitivity setting means you move the pointer quite far from centre before you start to turn. Advanced feels almost too sensitive and kind of floaty as its hard to keep the Wiimote dead centre. You can't adjust the max turning speed which is a bit disappointing. It feels alright for a console shooter but it'll be too slow for any PC dudes.

maxmoore

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Heres my take on the controls. It takes some getting used to and never reaches that level of keyboard/mouse precision. Probably the best fps controls so far though. The standard sensitivity setting means you move the pointer quite far from centre before you start to turn. Advanced feels almost too sensitive and kind of floaty as its hard to keep the Wiimote dead centre. You can't adjust the max turning speed which is a bit disappointing. It feels alright for a console shooter but it'll be too slow for any PC dudes.

It means ... it's a fucking shit? How is your final review? tell us because everybody here is waiting for a review.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It means ... it's a fucking shit? How is your final review? tell us because everybody here is waiting for a review.
It means the controls are better than any other console FPS's but not as good as PC's. People are going to get this game even before reviews because it's already been praised so much.(maybe not so much in graphics)

xen_au

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know this is being asked over and over but.. to confirm.

Use regionfrii to change to PAL
DO NOT use Wii Brick Blocker.
Already have your PAL wii updated to 3.0E
You *must* install update on Disk (3.0U)
Game works, but you now have 2 duplicate channels (weather & news).

Anyone playing on PAL confirm this is correct.

If PAL users are updating to 3.0U, it may make it much easier to detected a modded Wii in future. I wonder if you can put in another game with 3.0E update, and it will change it back to 3.0E?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just great! Metroid prime 3!
btw can you access wii settings after updating and getting two extra channels on pal?

maxmoore

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If PAL users are updating to 3.0U, it may make it much easier to detected a modded Wii in future. I wonder if you can put in another game with 3.0E update, and it will change it back to 3.0E?

Sorry... but you can't change your firmware to 3.0U ... it's simply impossible. If you remotely try to change your firmware to 3.0U you surely will have a new and very expensive piece of crap because it'll never work again.

A

armand66

Sorry... but you can't change your firmware to 3.0U ... it's simply impossible. If you remotely try to change your firmware to 3.0U you surely will have a new and very expensive piece of crap because it'll never work again.

This is correct.

People had the same problems with SPM back in the day. The same is true of MP3 C, it contains the 3.0U update on the disk. When you start the game, it will search for the update, but if your a PAL user, and it finds 3.0E your all good. If your a NTSC user, it will find 3.0U and you'll be all good.

If your a 2.2U user, it'll begin an update to 3.0U.

If your a 2.2E user, it'll update and brick your console.

As long as you've updated to your region before you play it, your fine.

xen_au

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

This is correct.

People had the same problems with SPM back in the day. The same is true of MP3 C, it contains the 3.0U update on the disk. When you start the game, it will search for the update, but if your a PAL user, and it finds 3.0E your all good. If your a NTSC user, it will find 3.0U and you'll be all good.

If your a 2.2U user, it'll begin an update to 3.0U.

If your a 2.2E user, it'll update and brick your console.

As long as you've updated to your region before you play it, your fine.

Thats what I though, except that people sound like they are having to update? And it makes duplicate channels?
So, is it you click yes to the update, it finds the 3.0E update, and for some reason still adds the Weather/News channels? (Maybe US version of channels are different, looking up different news/weather websites due to licencing reasons?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉