Wii #0144 - Super Paper Mario (USA)

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
More info on the part of the game that started the DS-Wii connectivity rumors.

The giant DS in the chef's house which says it needs to upgrade data when you first go there will eventually show the recipes for other items.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
o snap dog. don't be a horses rear when someone is just trying to help.

unlike you I apparently don't have time to research this unfolding event..

i mean that is sooo last hour!

Aww dog man, i didnt mean to get up all in your grill...sorry.

Just no need to post in BRIGHT RED what the majority of us all know. It all over the net.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
19407308_240x240_Front.jpg

Sorry couldnt resist
tongue.gif
I don't mean to be an ass btw.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Makes me proud to have a demonoid account
biggrin.gif
Apparently someone else by the name of bassthing already got it--commented on demonoid about this thread/wiigeon free compat thread.
biggrin.gif

NarcoticV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a quick note, are these bricked wii's getting connected to the internet while booting up? i heard the bricking only happens with wiis that arent connected to the internet. maybe if u connect it via usb or something, the url will work and you can get past the screen (I didnt really read everything, just a thought that popped up)

hmmm no way to setup a connection tho...

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
The first update added the screensaver functionality, right? As I was saying on MaxConsole, the Wii probably looks for %REGION%/%LANGUAGE%setup/screensaver.html on startup, replacing %REGION% and %LANGUAGE% with the appropriate values for your Wii. But the update only contains the US region files, not the EU files. But if you already installed at least the first update, the US update doesn't bother trying to load that file. To be safe, perform a system update before playing. Although even that might have some consequences we haven't seen yet.

lcddream

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
look bro, its no big deal. a simple "we already know." would have sufficed.

some people don't have the luxury of reading about a single topic all day. i saw a message on a site i read, and figured i would try and help out the fellows on the other side of the 'pond'. i hastily posted without reading all 18 pages thinking the faster i posted that maybe i could help some would be unfortunate PAL dude.

you would think this sort of news would make the front page of this site however

edit_text

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing for 9 or 10 hours, I must say I love this game... I just wraped up the 4th world but I know I've missed a lot. I'm not sure how the replay value is gonna be. This is a must have. Back to the game soon...

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
look bro, its no big deal. a simple "we already know." would have sufficed.

some people don't have the luxury of reading about a single topic all day. i saw a message on a site i read, and figured i would try and help out the fellows on the other side of the 'pond'. i hastily posted without reading all 18 pages thinking the faster i posted that maybe i could help some would be unfortunate PAL dude.

you would think this sort of news would make the front page of this site however

Yeah, I was in no way going to read 19pgs of that stuff, thx for the heads up. I start from the last page and go back about 2-3
wink.gif

You guys shouldn't be bashing someone with bricking information. "NOW IF HE WROTE IT IN CAPS AND SAID SECRET USB FUNCTION ON WII IT CHARGES MY DS!!!" then I can understand.

D

Deleted User

I bought this game from EB and man ... it's a must have. The story part IMO is a little too lengthy. It took quite a while before I can jump into the action.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought it from bestbuy today and i totally agree with you nestea, this game is great but the story is too damn long.

i got cocky the first time i played it and after sitting on my ass for 8 minutes watching the damn intro movie i thought i'd be a prick to merlin and deny accepting the heart... he asked again.... i still said no.... and the last time he said fine you're not a hero and the game over screen came up.

had to rewatch the damn intro movie again.....

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
bought it from bestbuy today and i totally agree with you nestea, this game is great but the story is too damn long.Â

i got cocky the first time i played it and after sitting on my ass for 8 minutes watching the damn intro movie i thought i'd be a prick to merlin and deny accepting the heart... he asked again.... i still said no.... and the last time he said fine you're not a hero and the game over screen came up.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
rofl2.gif

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought it from bestbuy today and i totally agree with you nestea, this game is great but the story is too damn long.Â

yeah, that's pretty friggin' hilarious.
biggrin.gif

Been playing the game a little today, and I love it! There's something about playing the classics (and the updated classics) that are truly fun. I will definitely be picking up a real copy on my next paycheck.

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
rofl2.gif

Muhahaaha COOL! I was wondering what would happen but after the intro i wanted to play and was just bashing the button.

Again, I don't understand the brick thingy, are those guys connected(24)?

I have a PAL wii, think V1 with WiiKey. I updated before I inserted SPM but there was no update available. When I inserted the disc there was no activity in the "game channel" so I tought it didn't work. I clicked the game channel and my wii started updating, when it finished I was returned to the channel selection screen and saw the SPM logo at the game channel.

I tested the other channels, then booted and played SPM for about 1 hour, shut down my Wii and booted again, tested everything again and I don't have any problems.

I think you get the (brick)screen when the wii cant connect to the internet but there must be a sollution so you can connect or you should get an USB LAN adapter.

Good luck to those f*ck*d over pirates, and to everyone else HAVE PHUN!

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
Pal wii w/wiikey, updated to 2.1E

game runs fine
smile.gif

when this "profile" thing comes up im gonna see if my internet connection activates, i seriously dont think its serious though, after all people w/out an internet connection will play the game (after all, they did need to put the newest update on a disc
wink.gif
)

dirtycarrot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

hahahahaa, that's gold! I had a feeling it would happen - I said no twice, when he said it was the last time he was going to ask I thought I had better say yes!

I agree though, watching the intro once was too long, let alone twice ahahahahhahaha!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, is that kinda like bonzi buddy?