Misc WiFi without Internet access

TecXero

Technovert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between classes at the college, I tend to get a bit bored, so I've been playing games on my laptop and 3DS. Instead of bringing a gamepad with me, I'd rather just use my 3DS as a gamepad. edpJoy works rather well, normally, since I'm using Mint. However, there's a bit of an issue with how the 3DS handles access points.

Using the college's wifi isn't an option due to AP isolation, so instead I set my laptop to host an ad-hoc AP. I got my 3DS to detect and connect to it fine, but it won't stay connected due to a lack of internet access. I'm guessing it tries to ping a Nintendo server, and if it fails it just disconnects from the AP. I won't be able to host the AP and be connected to the internet at the same time, so I'm curious if there's a way to make the 3DS stay connected, even without an Internet connection.

Maybe a way to patch out the check in the NAND (I have my EmuNAND set up) or have my laptop respond with the needed response. I'd rather just patch the EmuNAND. I'd assume I'd probably have to make the patch myself due to how niche this is, but as long as I'm pointed in the right direction and it doesn't have too many complicated checks in place, I should be fine. As a last ditch effort, I could also get a USB dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy