Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by ahamza61, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ahamza61
    OP

ahamza61 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2013
    United States
    I have a Dsi on 1.4.5. When I make internet test, wifi icon becomes red after it says "succesful". What can I do about this?

2. Evil pol

Evil pol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    Poland
    Are you trying to connect to the official Nintendo servers? They turned them off for DS and Wii consoles in 2014. The only way to play over wi-fi is to use AltWFC or Wiimmfi.

Quick instruction of using AltWFC in first post -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/every-day-online-play.423984/

If you already know this, and you have problem with "unofficial" servers, just set everything manually (DNS, access point name) and don't use connection test.

Last edited by Evil pol, Jul 26, 2016
    ahamza61 likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    read what user above said (nintendo shutted down servers, you must use fan made servers)
    and keep in mind, as dsi (and DSI GAMES) supports WPA security, DS games don't support it.
    if you want to play online with DS games either change your router security to wep. or none security

protip: WEP security only protects you against your grandma using your internet, anyone with a computer (or phone) can easily read a WEP key.
    so only change your router temporary (like 30 minutes) and if you know what you are doing.
    cuz your neighboor can use it for evil stuff and it will be your name on the bill\letters

ahamza61 likes this.
  4. Evil pol

Evil pol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    Poland
    If he gets "successful" message, he is probably using wep protected (or open) access point. But when the console is trying to connect to the old (dead) server, icon turns red.

Last edited by Evil pol, Jul 26, 2016
  5. ahamza61
    OP

ahamza61 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2013
    United States
    I want to play with my bro. He has new3ds and plays old ds games.

6. Evil pol

Evil pol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    Poland
    So why you're not using wireless connection between two consoles? I think most of games (if not all of them) with wi-fi features have option to play wireless without internet.