OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the best thing to do is to bring 1 friend who wants to play. after that try to get others to get involved. i need more official guides written for other retro emu systems. i'd love to see a mame+kaillera guide. Uzumakijl was working on a ggpo guide, i hope that gets finished eventually. the more guides we have, packed with all required files, the easier it will be to get co-op gaming going.

-another world

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
i need more official guides written for other retro emu systems. i'd love to see a mame+kaillera guide....... the more guides we have, packed with all required files, the easier it will be to get co-op gaming going.

-another world

I may be able to help with that. Long time MAME user. In fact, long time emulation fan and have tried most emus around so I could knock up a guide or two. Maybe later on today, I'll put something together. I do have a newborn Son so bear with me.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@6600- Well thats funny! Wife® & I will be joining in on our first WiFi night tonight (we both play MKDS, just found our DSes and "trained" a bit last night
wink.gif
) and we'll see how long we can go due to OUR newborn son too. I can't say he stubborn, but "loud" is a better description.
wink.gif

Hope to catch ya for a bit
smile.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've joined the channel but I probably won't actively participate until the designated time.
I will definitely be up for playing any multiplayer nes, or snes games, and probably mame too. If anyone plans on playing any, I'll definitely be up to playing. I probably won't be playing mario kart however.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:
@6600- Well thats funny! Wife® & I will be joining in on our first WiFi night tonight (we both play MKDS, just found our DSes and "trained" a bit last night
wink.gif
) and we'll see how long we can go due to OUR newborn son too. I can't say he stubborn, but "loud" is a better description.
wink.gif

Hope to catch ya for a bit
smile.gif

Well there's an odd coincidence! Congratulations
smile.gif
Due to the time difference, it'll be midnight when the gaming starts for me, perfect timing as the little one is due a a feed at a similar time lol.

I'm afraid to say, I've not been honing my NES skills tonight so it looks like I'm gonna get owned by everyone! I think I may have to invest in a wireless router so I can play MKDS with you guys instead, I'm OK at that but abysmal at NES games that aren't RPGs!
I've actually been writing a guide to Kaillera and Gens, as I think 'Toejam & Earl' would be good with Kaillera! The Genesis (or Megadrive as I like to call it) had some fantastic multiplayer games and I think it's an old enough system to fit the criteria of WiFi nite, what was it? Games at least 12 years old? I'll get the guide together, then I'm joining the channel. See you guys there.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SixtySixHundred: any guides that you do just host them somewhere zipped or rared and PM me a link. i'd prefer, if at all possible, having the guides done as HTML with local images like the nestopia guide. HTML seems to be the most universal method for sharing guides with images. either way, i appreciate your efforts.

-another world

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Another World said:
yes you were using mibbit. this is a limitation based on the same localhost for every client who connects using mibbit.

try the gbatemp java client if you can't/won't dl a dedicated irc application.

http://gbatemp.net/d64-gbatemp-java-irc-chatroom

-another world

Says [16:15] Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : irc.gbatemp.net

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Porygon-X said:
Another World said:
yes you were using mibbit. this is a limitation based on the same localhost for every client who connects using mibbit.

try the gbatemp java client if you can't/won't dl a dedicated irc application.

http://gbatemp.net/d64-gbatemp-java-irc-chatroom

-another world

Says [16:15] Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : irc.gbatemp.net

Bite the bullet and get mIRC?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another World said:
Porygon-X said:

that seems to be a problem for a lot of people outside the US.

-another world
Correction, this happens to a lot of people with problematic DNS providers which doesn't supply the right IP through a DNS lookup. It doesn't really have anything to do with where you live.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure for mirc even if the trial expired, you can still use it. You just click like ok, and wait a couple seconds for the gray box to turn clickable. I can't really explain to well, but I remember that my mirc expired like 150 days and I was still able to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1