Hacking Wifi and Pokemon D/P

sethwick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having wifi problems for a while, not been able to get my DS to recognize my campus wireless, but that's with both legit games and roms, and isn't at issue here.

I got the Pokemon rom yesterday, and a legit copy today. I was at a friend's house who had working wireless and had earlier connected to IRC in DS Organize fine. However, on my rom, when I went into the underground, the connection bars in the upper right hand corner remained empty and red. I was connected to that wireless network on my laptop and the network was still up and fine. I am back on campus and don't have a good wireless connection (laptop works fine, DS can't see it though) so I can't just test my legit copy in the same circumstances. Has anyone else had problemsw ith their D/P and wireless on an R4?

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is your campus uses WPA encryption and DS isn't compatible with anything other then WEP. IOW, you're shit-outta-luck. But you're not alone. Same thing affects me.

mad.gif

Regiiko

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wtf? DS doesn't accept WPA?

Great, now I have to change my wireless router's settings :[

Is there a thread around about what kind of wireless settings the DS accepts?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

sethwick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the Underground thing had a wireless connection sign, and I thought that was only used for DS to Access point, not DS to DS.

As for the campus wireless, I don't think it uses any protection, just doesn't broadcast it's SSID. I know I don't have to key in anything on my computer to connect, just tell it the SSID and it works.

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy the Nintendo wifi usb dongle and connected to your laptop that gets internet access. The dongle acts like an ap for your DS. Problem solved.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy the Nintendo wifi usb dongle and connected to your laptop that gets internet access. The dongle acts like an ap for your DS. Problem solved.

I've been wondering about that. The usb dongle allows only nintendo devices to connect. Can some fool with DSlinux hack into your wireless network? Anyone?

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL it has been known that the DS supports only the old 802.11b or the newer 802.11g. Currently most consumer based routers normally supports the wireless-G protocol and only the WEP security encryption not WPA or higher is supported by the DS. Also get yourself a Wireless Router its gonna be very worth it in the long run since already quite a number of electronic devices supports Wi-Fi so you can not only use it for your DS but other devices as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh