Homebrew Widescreen not working in TWiLight Menu++

SoulReaperDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I've been spending a lot of time these past few days working on getting widescreen for the game Call of Duty: Black Ops (USA) to work.
I followed these steps to get the TwlBg.cxi file: https://www.homebrewgeneral.net/2019/08/play-your-nintendo-ds-games-in.html
* Dump the exefs.bin your TWL_FIRM with [GodMode9]:
1. `SYSNAND CTRNAND` -] `title` -] `00040138` -] `x0000102` (where " x " stands for "2" on the New3DS and "0" stands for the Old3DS) -] `content` -] (where " yy " stands for any numbers) -] click on "A" `000000yy.app`
2. " `NCCH image options...` " -] " `Mount image to drive` " -] "A" to enter the path
3. `exefs.bin` click " " -] " `Copy to "0:/gm9/out"` "
4. Turn off the console and copy the "exefs.bin" from "SD: // gm9 / out /" to the PC
* Copy the "exefs.bin" into the same folder as the mkpatch_b.exe file
* Rename the "exefs.bin" to "section0.bin"
* Hold down SHIFT and right-click in Explorer -] "Open Command Prompt Here"
* Type in the following: `mkpatch_b asd 1010` and confirm with ENTER

And then followed this in attempt to get the widescreen patch to work:
1. Copy the finished "TwlBg.cxi" into the folder "SD: // _ nds / TWiLightMenu / TwlBg /"
2. Rename it to "Widescreen.cxi"
3. In the [Luma3DS] configuration, enable "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules"
4. In TWiLight Menu ++, set the aspect ratio ("Screen Aspect Ratio") to 16:10 (Settings -] Games / Apps Settings)
5. Enabling Widescreen on Call of Duty: Black Ops in Cheats.

But that didn't work at all so I tried changing the "Widescreen.cxi" file back to "TwlBg.cxi". And interestingly, it kinda worked. But it didn't matter if I had the aspect ratio set to 16:10 or 4:3, nor did it matter if I had the Widescreen cheat enabled or not. It was just stuck in a very stretched looking Widecreen mode, and it even was in widescreen for games that don't have a widescreen cheat made for them. The only way I was able to get it set back to 4:3 was by deleting the TwlBg.cxi file off my SD card. Another oddity that might be worth noting is that the majority of my cheats don't seem to work for whatever reason, I tried a bunch in both SM64DS and Black Ops, and the only one that worked was Unlimited Ammo.

What is it that I'm doing wrong and how can I fix this so I can play DS games widescreen like how most people do on their CFW 3DS?

SoulReaperDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you need to have a widescreen, patched rom to work.
Oh interesting. Well if that is the case, how would I beable to create an xdelta patch for the rom? I found the Widescreen cheat for Black Ops inside inside the directory of my SD card: _nds > TWiLightMenu > widescreen > BDYE-2EF1.bin. I also checked that .bin file inside HxD (hex editor) and all the values are correct. But beyond that, I have no clue on how I could create the patch. I'd certainly love to know though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1