Hacking why wouldnt modded 4.1 wii see a ntfs hard drive?

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ive modded many wii but i always use fat32 hard drives, and generally its a 4.2 or 4.3 wii

colleague asked me to mod her friends wii and put some games on a drive that already has stuff on it.

using modmii i modded it fine, it was on 3.4 so modmii reccommended 4.1.

it wont see games on the drive which is ntfs. it also cant see the drive from wiimc.

i was going to just reformat the drive as fat32 but they have some big files, blue ray rips and pc disc images which are over 4 gigs, so i have to leave it as ntfs i think.

do i just need to take it to 4.3 instead of 4.1 or am i missing something and it should work from 4.1 anyway?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NTFS shouldn't be a problem anymore, most loaders, wiimc and forwarders support it. May the drive is incompatible with the wii, you must know not all drive works. I personally use both FAT32 and NTFS, FAT32 for homebrew and NTFS for wii games and pc storage and it works perfectly fine.

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ah doh

didnt realise that with ntfs you needed to use an sd card......neither app was actually loading

Or you can add a FAT32 partition on your hard drive, works much like an sd card (without the sd card)

whats the easiest way of doing that, and should i make the fat32 partition tiny like say 2gigs or is there a reason to make it any bigger?
would repartitioning it maybe affect them being able to plug the drive into a tv to play movies?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ah doh

didnt realise that with ntfs you needed to use an sd card......neither app was actually loading

Or you can add a FAT32 partition on your hard drive, works much like an sd card (without the sd card)

whats the easiest way of doing that, and should i make the fat32 partition tiny like say 2gigs or is there a reason to make it any bigger?
would repartitioning it maybe affect them being able to plug the drive into a tv to play movies?
How big is your HDD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit