why wont thhis work?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by detroitwillfall, Feb 14, 2014.

1. detroitwillfall
    OP

detroitwillfall Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2013
    United States
    i installed the gateway exploit with a SCDS2, and now i want to play pokemon black 2 retail cartridge. when i go to classic mode from gateway mode it just stays on a black screen after pressing??

2. longgt

longgt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2013
    United States
    You don't need GW's classic mode to play a regular DS game, just insert and play it normally without GW exploit :yaysp:

detroitwillfall likes this.
  3. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    The way you wrote it is confusing to understand, so uh... if you're in Gateway mode, you can't launch into the DS profile exploit to get to Classic, you have to reset the 3DS. If you're trying to access the DS games through Classic mode, don't, just play the DS game without going into EmuNAND and re-install the GW exploit when you want to use it again.

4. detroitwillfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2013
    United States
    ok thank god, but then my next question... pokebank.. requires 7x and when i downloaded it in classic mode emunand and opened it it froze...

5. Saturosias

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    It's encrypted with the new 6.X KeyY (as I understand it) and EmuNAND uses the old 4.X KeyY, so it can't read Pokébank or the new updated YouTube app.

6. detroitwillfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2013
    United States
    ok next question, and probably the most painful. how does one restore their 3ds xl with there saved nand backup"?

7. Saturosias

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    You need a hardware mod. Some members here offer a service to replace the little wrist-loop slot with a MicroUSB slot so you can just conveniently hook up your 3DS XL to your PC and re-flash your NAND -- or you can do it yourself.

detroitwillfall likes this.
  8. detroitwillfall
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2013
    United States
    are there members in that forum section that have references etc to do it? i.e, so they dont steal someones 3ds? and im currently looking for the actual tutorial on diy. i seen something on youtube not too long ago.

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    If you aren't confident at soldering I would recommend you try find someone to do it, I know you risk loosing your 3ds but if you do your research and find someone reputable you should be fine, don't just send it to the person doing it for the cheapest price with no proof or history of their work.

I have seen quite a few people screwing up their 3ds because they decided to try something themselves when they didn't have the required skill, so it's either risk screwing your 3ds or risk loosing it......either way you have to take a gamble

10. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Me ^^

While soldering the fourth wire I slipped and desoldered a resistor array. :P

gamesquest1 likes this.
  11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    You aren't the only one :D I've seen a few people lifting pads etc