drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so here's what happens.

A few programs that involve writing stuff to the Wii aren't working anymore. WAD Manager is fine... but for example: Waninoko's IOS downgrader just tells me to press A to restart the Wii, even if I press A to downgrade. The save extractor works, but then I can't put the save back - it gives me errors.

I think this may have started when I was on 4.0 and installed Preloader... something got messed up so it kept asking for a Hacks.ini... and the Hack Remover would fail every time, giving me a "ret" error. I finally got it to leave me alone, I think by re-installing it and just not copying the hacks file to it. Since then I've downgraded to 3.2U, used Starfall on it, etc.

So what I did was remove IOS16 in AnyTitleDeleter and reinstall it from the WAD... but yet, the exact same thing happens. Does anyone know why? I can't seem to run a lot of homebrew (including the IOS Downgrader, which ENABLES most of it)... and I have so many IOS and cIOS on my Wii I don't want to start removing before I know exactly what needs to be done.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't it SAY that?

And if all my IOS'es are downgraded, how come stuff like the save file installer and NAND dumper won't work?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off don't EVER try removing any of your IOS again. You're lucky that one you deleted wasn't like IOS 60 or something, in which case you would've bricked your wii beyond recovery before you could install it back. Also are you sure you've installed any cios on your wii? In anytitledeleter do you see any IOS 249 or something? And you were able to downgrade to 3.2 without being able to run IOS downgrader? If you don't actually have any cios installed yet I think what you would need to do to get stuff working is use custom wad manager that runs off that ios16 to install cios_fix.wad then you should be able to run IOS downgrader. Then you should be able to run a cios installer for rev 9 or above and the normal wad manager should work for everything then.

Edit: Or it may be possible that your IOS's are already downgraded as said...it only downgrades whats necesary. Last time I ran mine before upgrading to 4.0, it just downgraded ios11 and exited. Still check anytitledeleter if you have any ios in the 200's.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
First off don't EVER try removing any of your IOS again. You're lucky that one you deleted wasn't like IOS 60 or something, in which case you would've bricked your wii beyond recovery before you could install it back.

Wow, that was demeaning! Well, I knew that IOS16 was safe and not used by the menu, plus I had the .wad installer handy. (Even if it was used by the menu, you could just go back to HBC and not need it...)

QUOTE said:
Also are you sure you've installed any cios on your wii? In anytitledeleter do you see any IOS 249 or something?
I have IOS249. Because some homebrew needs it.

And you were able to downgrade to 3.2 without being able to run IOS downgrader?
Yes. I've gone back and forth between 4.0 and 3.2 a few times now. Just the problem with the IOS downgrader and a couple other homebrew.

But on another note, does anybody know which IOS/cIOS Waninoko's Save file installer uses? I'm able to extract it just fine, but it refuses to put it back on my NAND. If it's something other than IOS16 I can check if I still have that one.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try backing up your SD, format your SD and redownload the .wad files you want to install, if everything still fails, then forget it and continue with your life....!!
laugh.gif

D

Deleted User

drfsupercenter said:
Won't it SAY that?

And if all my IOS'es are downgraded, how come stuff like the save file installer and NAND dumper won't work?

If it just asks for reboot, that means it's already downgraded. Don't try to protest helpers. It doesn't work.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if that came off as demeaning, but there's just too many people that think that they can just uninstall anything they put on as long as they installed anything regarding it before and:

"and I have so many IOS and cIOS on my Wii I don't want to start removing before I know exactly what needs to be done."

just came off as you thinking about possibly removing random IOS's to fix stuff when you could always just install over any IOS you have to change it. And if you removed the IOS the system menu used the problem would be getting BACK to the homebrew channel once you realize it used it because you would already be bricked by then and even preloader would be messed up because that runs off the system menu IOS as well.

And speaking of preloader, Is your Wii too new to install bootmii to boot2? If it isn't and you didn't want preloader for the hacks then that would be a far better and safer solution for brick protection.

So moving back to your problem. Since it seems that you don't really have a problem with IOS downgrader and actually already has downgraded all of your IOS's. Is putting save files back on your Wii the only problem you're having? I'm not entirely familiar with moving save files on and off Wii's, but I thought it only had protection from copying certain saves OFF of the wii (for which you would use the save game extractor) but still allowed normally copying them back? Can you not just remove whatever save data for the game you currently have on your system and then just copy the save file from your sd card back onto your wii normally?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is not new at all - I bought it a good year and a half ago, and it has the original chipset, none of this D2* stuff.

I didn't know BootMii was out yet though... I tried using Preloader on 4.0, and that completely failed, so I currently don't have anything of the sort enabled (which is why I'm using Starfall on 3.2)

As far as the saves go - Yes, you can use GeckoOS to remove the copy flags and then just put it on the SD card normally. But I didn't do that... I wanted to copy my Pokémon Battle Revolution save, and I used Waninoko's tool instead. That puts it in a SAVE folder with the save file in the SD card with the save files in it (Not sure what filetype, I haven't checked)
However, I went to put it back and it gave me some "ret" error... the same thing I got when trying the Hacks Remover for Preloader.
And now I don't have a PBR save, as it seems to have been deleted once it was put on my SD card.

D

Deleted User

drfsupercenter said:
My Wii is not new at all - I bought it a good year and a half ago, and it has the original chipset, none of this D2* stuff.

I didn't know BootMii was out yet though... I tried using Preloader on 4.0, and that completely failed, so I currently don't have anything of the sort enabled (which is why I'm using Starfall on 3.2)

As far as the saves go - Yes, you can use GeckoOS to remove the copy flags and then just put it on the SD card normally. But I didn't do that... I wanted to copy my Pokémon Battle Revolution save, and I used Waninoko's tool instead. That puts it in a SAVE folder with the save file in the SD card with the save files in it (Not sure what filetype, I haven't checked)
However, I went to put it back and it gave me some "ret" error... the same thing I got when trying the Hacks Remover for Preloader.
And now I don't have a PBR save, as it seems to have been deleted once it was put on my SD card.

If you were this good in typing that means you're somewhat intelligent. If you're somewhat intelligent, you should have provided the error number so we could further diagnose what is your problem.

So please, provide the error number.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
so you are on 3.2 now with starfall, and the only thing not working is that save copyer?

Among other things. I know the NAND dumper was also giving me a similar error. And a couple other older homebrew I tried... I don't exactly what right now.

QUOTESo please, provide the error number.

The problem is that my computer is nowhere near my Wii. I'll have to go downstairs and look... I'll write down the error number in a few minutes.

I do have a picture with my phone I took before though from the Hacks Remover (and keep in mind, I had Preloader installed and everything), and it says "...failed: -106."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1