Why Smash bros get so much hype?

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Melee didn't even have an online mode. How was that better than a shitty one? (I will admit Brawl online sucked ass)

Well even though brawl had an online mode it was so shitty that there wasn't even a point to play it. If it did work it would've meant you and your friends could play with other people from around the world and you wouldn't be restricted to just yourselves. As I mentioned earlier Melee appealed to me and my friends more so when it came down to which game we'd all play Melee was the better choice.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Smash is a party game, it's designed to be just that. You can do just about anything competitively - there's competitive eating for God's sake. It's not a matter of "sucking" or "rocking" at the game, it's a matter of taking a step back and looking at what you're dealing with.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. So, pairing up Big Daddy and Ratchet is outrageous, but Samus Aran versus Ness is okay? I don't think so - you're just used to one character set more so than the other. As for the controls, I played on the PSVita and I don't remember them being clunky.

The game was definitely fun, that I'll admit. However, I get a very good feeling the game was intended to be a smash clone. I might be wrong though, because the gameplay did indeed differ a teeny teeny tiny bit :P. On a side note, my fist couldn't fit in my mouth... But I did end up getting the mirror.

Ness vs Donkey Kong in my opinion is definitely more iconic than Big Daddy vs Parappa. These Nintendo characters give off more of a natural feel. It could also be just a nostalgic feeling given the series has been alive since the good ol' N64 days. You'll probably understand more when you play smash on your N64 ;O

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ness vs Donkey Kong in my opinion is definitely more iconic than Big Daddy vs Parappa. These Nintendo characters give off more of a natural feel. It could also be just a nostalgic feeling given the series has been alive since the good ol' N64 days. You'll probably understand more when you play smash on your N64 ;O
There is nothing iconic about Ness in the west, the character is known by a handful of Nintendo die-hard fans. Broadly speaking, nobody knows what Earthbound/Mother is and nobody really cares, the games bombed worse than Project Manhattan and if not for Smash, nobody would even know the character.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was definitely fun, that I'll admit. However, I get a very good feeling the game was intended to be a smash clone. I might be wrong though, because the gameplay did indeed differ a teeny teeny tiny bit :P. On a side note, my fist couldn't fit in my mouth... But I did end up getting the mirror.

Who the heck is Ness?

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing iconic about Ness in the west, the character is known by a handful of Nintendo die-hard fans. Broadly speaking, nobody knows what Earthbound/Mother is and nobody really cares, the games bombed worse than Project Manhattan and if not for Smash, nobody would even know the character.

True. Maybe Ness was a bad example. I'll just replace that with Pikachu haha

Reactions: Foxi4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj