Homebrew Why should I install CFW?

khangress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had CFW for a while now, but I don't know what to use it for other than piracy and coldbooting to emuNAND.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I've had CFW for a while now, but I don't know what to use it for other than piracy and coldbooting to emuNAND.
Hum. Are you saying you have an EmuNAND and don't use CFW? O.o

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for confusion, I do have a CFW, but i dont know what else i cna use an emuNAND for
Hum, you can install Homebrew to the Home Menu, have custom VC titles, etc.

Though A9LH is the current way to go, even if you use EmuNAND.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So I can use homebrew apps in the emuNAND if I install their CIA? wow, i missed out. Thanks!
Ya, but I highly recommend you to use A9LH + updated sysNAND, it's more convenient, really.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

You want a different cfw right?
Why? If your cfw works just fine, then don't change it.
I have seen these new cfws and arm9loaderhax, cool and all but I don't need them. I'm using RXTools and it works. I'm not changing it.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have seen these new cfws and arm9loaderhax, cool and all but I don't need them. I'm using RXTools and it works. I'm not changing it.

after brick omg guyz rxtools bricked me

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Talk to me when you accidentally update SysNAND. A9LH is clearly superior. It's even more of a install-n-forget experience than Menuhax+emuNAND.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm also using RXTOOLS but I also have luma as a backup I think next update will kill it's always good to have a backup

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
luma luma luma luma luma luma luma luma
You know there's more than just Luma in the CFW world. In fact, I've made a lovely list for everyone to check out to see them all
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

But please stop using RXTools, its grossly out of date and there's far better options.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know there's more than just Luma in the CFW world. In fact, I've made a lovely list for everyone to check out to see them all

But please stop using RXTools, its grossly out of date and there's far better options.
People use luma more than others because it's one of the best in terms of features and being user friendly. It's the happy middle ground between other CFW that offer more features but not noob-friendly, and something like Salt that is install-and-forget and very noob-friendly but may not have as many options.
But yes, rxTools needs to stop being used. Even if they continue to go the menuhax coldboot method (which is inferior to A9LH) Luma is far superior at this point compared to rxTools which has little to no development at this point.

D

Deleted User

after brick omg guyz rxtools bricked me
I hope youre joking.

Talk to me when you accidentally update SysNAND. A9LH is clearly superior. It's even more of a install-n-forget experience than Menuhax+emuNAND.

I've used RXTools since there was a downgrade option for 10.3 I believe.
Since around January, know that.
I have never, EVER had a issue with updates, because I make sure everything is ok. Never ever accidentally updated, and I doubt it will ever happen.

I don't care about the other CFWs, RXTools gets the job done.
Emunands, "game backups" and firmware updates. Good enough for me. Hell, I don't even play much of the newer games anymore.
I believe that arm9loaderhax is permanent. if I have it in my 3DS, I can't sell it at this game store.
If it works, stick with it.
RX is easy, and simple. I like it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I hope youre joking.

I have never, EVER had a issue with updates, because I make sure everything is ok. Never ever accidentally updated, and I doubt it will ever happen.

Emunands, "game backups" and firmware updates. Good enough for me. Hell, I don't even play much of the newer games anymore.
I believe that arm9loaderhax is permanent. if I have it in my 3DS, I can't sell it at this game store.
Exactly. With A9LH, you don't need to make sure everything is OK (as long as your CFW has firm protection). Have fun "being careful" while I go and brick->restore my SysNAND with A9LH and have extremely fast boots :)

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Gray_Jack

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I hope youre joking.

Arm9loaderhax can be removed with a 9.2 backup or by safea9lhinstaller by itself.
Also, it is way slower and less reliable than modern cfws

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol