Hacking why should i downgrade 9.0 to 4.5

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 9.0 systemnand is unlinked from 9.5 emu. I do not ever use my systemnand so it just sits there

will i gain anything from downgrading.

i know saves wont work acrossed nands i only play in emunand

will i still need to get into gateway mode using wifi?

If you downgraded what was your reason to do so?

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wife is using the blue card on her dsi at the moment. and ds cards work on 9.0 with the time warp thing so thats not a plus. using gateway without wifi is intrestng tho. i would be able to block wifi on 4,5 so if she wanted to play her dsi gateway games on my 3ds when im at work. she couldnt accidently upgrade.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wife is using the blue card on her dsi at the moment. and ds cards work on 9.0 with the time warp thing so thats not a plus. using gateway without wifi is intrestng tho. i would be able to block wifi on 4,5 so if she wanted to play her dsi gateway games on my 3ds when im at work. she couldnt accidently upgrade.
You can block wifi on any FW version to keep it from upgrading. What is a "dsi gateway" game?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
positives
Offline gateway access (or more accurately none network based)
negatives
needing to enter gateway classic mode to use retail carts for games above 4.x
any existing retail games that use 6.x save encryption will loose their saves after the downgrade(this applies even if you boot into 9.x classic mode)

if you don't have any retail games, or only own older titles or simply do not care about your existing saves on retail carts that use 6.x save encryption, then there is no reason not to downgrade really

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to point out OP, if you have a N3DS, then don't downgrade just to take advantage of doing the exploit offline. You can do it offline with CN (not sure about the legend of zelda method. Didn't read up on that). You will need internet for the 1st time with CN but not after that.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
my 9.0 systemnand is unlinked from 9.5 emu. I do not ever use my systemnand so it just sits there

will i gain anything from downgrading.

i know saves wont work acrossed nands i only play in emunand

will i still need to get into gateway mode using wifi?

If you downgraded what was your reason to do so?
No benefit for me I have android and use go gateway so for me downgrading is a good way to have all of your 7.x saves get corrupted and deleted. Or to not be able to spoof a game for cfw. I get that people like 4.5 for mset but that in itself isn't worth it for me. Or ntr or pretty much any common answer.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to point out OP, if you have a N3DS, then don't downgrade just to take advantage of doing the exploit offline. You can do it offline with CN (not sure about the legend of zelda method. Didn't read up on that). You will need internet for the 1st time with CN but not after that.
I could have missed something along the way but I don't think it is possible to downgrade a n3ds to 4.x.

Reactions: Kenneth196

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Not to mention, MSET takes slightly longer to boot than the Browser (Tapping config and going to DS Profile compared to a single tap in the Internet Browser). Personally I use the 3DS inside my house most of the time, or I leave with the 3DS in sleep mode so needing internet has never been a problem to me. o:

Reactions: Ryccardo

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded the second I got my GW, didn't care about smash save and pokemon i just use ram to save and imported my pokemon and trainer information into the community save. I don't always have internet so I wanted mset immediatly!

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another advantage of 9.x: The ability to use the ACNL Ram editor. Wish I never downgraded my friend's 3DS. But then she likes her DS games so I guess it was worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him