Hacking Why not legit (GOLD3DS)

velison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It shows other similar products can not meet the game on 3DS mainframe screen full screen display defect,but It can do.
GOLD3DS with other similar products the same structure, as well as in the micro sd run 3D ROM, 3D game functions from the GOLD3DS device run the 3D game,why is fake?!

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It shows other similar products can not meet the game on 3DS mainframe screen full screen display defect,but It can do.
GOLD3DS with other similar products the same structure, as well as in the micro sd run 3D ROM, 3D game functions from the GOLD3DS device run the 3D game,why is fake?!
Pfft.
There were more than enough arguments in this thread. Also, why don't you record it running any games without an error? It would be enough proof.
2 or more games without cart changing would be preferred, as faking a legit game cartridge as a flashcard is way too easy.
(Like, cutting (not sure if it's the right verb) it for a microSD to fit and changing the label)

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
the error that is showed in the video can be either the proof of fake or real..
Someone know what the error say ?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm i dont know what the error says but shouldnt atleast the somethin like POWER or OFF be english.
or a adress to the support site of Ninten of Japan?
atleast it is like this in europe version of the 3ds.
edit
3DS-DSi-Flash-Card-NOT-working.jpg

this woulod come if it were a ds(i) card or defective a game
but still proves nothing because it could be the message for a corupt savegame

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My japanese fails, but...

Says something like:

There was an error.

Please turn the power OFF, then turn it on again.

Pfft. Quite obvious.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My japanese fails, but...

Says something like:

There was an error.

Please turn the power OFF, then turn it on again.

Pfft. Quite obvious.
then why couldnt you read off in the error of the video and in the one from the ds(i) flashcard you could?

velison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Pfft.
There were more than enough arguments in this thread. Also, why don't you record it running any games without an error? It would be enough proof.
2 or more games without cart changing would be preferred, as faking a legit game cartridge as a flashcard is way too easy.
(Like, cutting (not sure if it's the right verb) it for a microSD to fit and changing the label)
Fake? You show me a fake???
1: in line with the structure of flashcard
2: How to fake 3D games into the regular 2D mode, the official technical support are not mutually

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying this is real or fake but I did catch a glimpse of two things :

+ MicroSD inserted
+ Card's PCB board is red, unlike retail games which have green PCB Boards

So this is at minimum not a retail 3ds board inserted into a different case. The site really throws me off though, it looks like they put minimal effort into it and at the bottom it just says "Copyright©2011", I'd think they'd at least put their team's name there.

Picture of reference:

3dscart.png

I've circled (in green) the parts I talked about above. The Red PCB might be a little hard to tell the colour at this zoom level but if you copy the image to MSPaint/Photoshop/Etc and zoom in you should be able to see it's red.

EDIT: Took picture of it in a 1080p video. You can probably now see the edge of the PCB is red, not green like retail carts. If you can't see the Red, then zooming will help ;)

Just thought I'd share some interesting points I've found. Again, I'm not saying it's legit or not but normal games aren't supposed to have that error, so something must have been done to generate it. If it's real I'm surprised seeing the header of a ROM work even if running it doesn't quite work imho if it's real it's a great PoC.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if this video just upload on youtube no provide trusted source, is maybe fake or not, but is almost fake on youtube, i can't say is real or fake, but i similar that error text, also almost sure on top layer is not ... used 3ds resolution. i was compare with mine and my friends pokemon rumble blast US cart, is look full of resoultion and on the video is not. btw i not sure is fake, but is no any proof so is almost fake for me. i just think to read 3ds rom, is containing 3 partition include CCI. icon and banner stored on CCI, but is directly to show up on menu? after i see main site is weird .. :/

D

Deleted User

There's a colour change halfway through the video
Colours too warm.

Go fail elsewhere, this card is a fail.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The top screen says "Ridge Racer 3D" after s/he presses A, it goes to an Japanese error!
the error that is showed in the video can be either the proof of fake or real..
Someone know what the error say ?
It says:

ゲームカードが抜かれました。
HOMEボタンを押して
HOMEメニューにもどってください。

Translation:
The Game Card has been removed.
Press the HOME button
to return to the HOME menu.

hmm i dont know what the error says but shouldnt atleast the somethin like POWER or OFF be english.
or a adress to the support site of Ninten of Japan?
atleast it is like this in europe version of the 3ds.
3DS-DSi-Flash-Card-NOT-working.jpg

this woulod come if it were a ds(i) card or defective a game
but still proves nothing because it could be the message for a corupt savegame
It says:
エラーが発生しました。

本体の電源をOFFにし
本体の取扱説明書の指示に
従ってください。

Translation:
An error has occurred.

Please power OFF the console
and follow the instructions
in the user manual.

vertusd

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The team claim that the kernel supporting 3ds games will be released the end of this month or next month, so currentlly we can not ensure this is a fake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Das racist