Hacking Why my R4i Gold 2013 don't work after update?

lWanderingl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, for first I was wondering if for resetting a timebomb I must update firmware or kernel.
Second and most important question: before making the first question I've updated both firmware and kernel of my R4 respectively to v7.0 and 3.7 (R4 type in the title);
I've used my brother's dsi (wich has 1.4.4 firm.) for the procedure but now the flashcard works only on that device and on mine it says "an error has occurred please power off etc." (Like when you use a non-updated R4)
It's strange because the files I've downloaded are specific for 1.4.5.X firmware, the one of my ndsi, and I don't know what happened.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.

If your DS(i) is on Firmware 1.4.5x then it is maybe blocked by the Firmware.It is no longer wokring on ths DSi.
Solutions you can try:
You can hack/mod your DSi with an Exploit (Camera Pit) and install Unlaunch/Hiya Custom Firmware and TWiLight Menu.It unblocks your Flashcard on your DSi.
You can do a "Hardmod" and downgrade (this needs very good Soldering Skills and a matching and working SD Card Reader).

Thank you.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If it is an Timebomb then it also do not work on the DSi 1.4.4 Version.It has a specific DATE to not work any longer.It would not works on none of your DSi´s. :-)

Then you maybe try to use the YSMenu or RetroGameFan´s MultiCard Update.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Your offical Kernel is as you maybe have determined,unfortunately blocked now by Version 1.4.5.
Or the downloaded Kernel is maybe not the correct one.

Thank you.

lWanderingl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@alexander1970 no because I just realised R4igild and R4igold 3DS are two different cards and I have the second one, plus my ndsi is european and cannot be hacked.
Thanks for the interest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1