why my old man is an arse hole

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As expected, the old man is continuing his crusade to get himself killed. Here's the deal:

I grow tired of having such extremely limited net access due to his belief that I am pure evil preventing me from using the laptop and the library pc's being limited time and well...sucking ass. So I'm looking at investing in a half decent net book. Doesn't need to be anything flashy. Just anything with wireless net access so I can leech off next door, a decent processor so it's not slower than the old man's thought process, and a decent hard drive.

There's one or two in Curry's over at Gallagher retail park which look ideal. 160gb hard drive, 1gb ram, wifi, webcam, all mod cons, good sense of humour. Perfect. Price ranges between 200-250 quid. Not bad I guess. So can I pay in installments instead of saving for months on end? You know what I'm like for saving, I get to about three weeks in, lose interest and buy something random, at least if I have a bill it keeps me focussed. Yes, can pay by installments. Added bonus, I can put down a 20 quid deposit and walk away with it, paying the rest off at my own reasonable pace over the next 6 months. Sounds ideal, right?

No. Of course my money is at present paid into a post office account. Ergo I cannot set up direct debits, and to my lasting regret I can't simply pay off the rest in cash in store, which would have been ideal. So I find myself in need of a decent bank account. Problem: lack of valid ID. Ergo cannot set up decent bank account.

Leaving me with one option. route the direct debit through another account, someone who I can pass the cash on to every two weeks when I get paid. Wait a moment, the old man has a bank account. Ask him. After all, the repayments are no trouble, the ammount I'd have to pay back each week is roughly what I find behind the sofa, I can afford it with no fuss at a tenner a week and still have enough left over as 'foldin money'. So the plan involves no cost or risk on the old man's part, simply for him to act as a middle man for my payments, which I remind would be paid off with no question at the exact same time every two weeks.

Of course he refused to help, for no reason other than it being me that's asking.

As usual he's refusing to do anything for me. Even the slightest little favour. Even one that requires no imput from him at all. I know exactly why. By acquiring my own netbook I would no longer require his laptop for anything. Meaning he could no longer restrict use of it for when I've sufficiently grovelled and done all the house work like some fucking Cinderella figure for his twisted amusement.

Gaia, I ask you now. WHAT THE FUCK WENT WRONG? WHY HIM? OF ALL THE MEN IN THIS UNIVERSE, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE THAT ONE AS A FATHER?! HITLER WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER. SERIOUSLY. AT LEAST THEN I'D HAVE INCOME FROM THE TALK SHOWS.

If things persist like this and he continues to treat me like shit, I am going to slit his throat. I won't even give it a second thought. I'll simply rip him head off. I don't even care any more. I'm sick of being treated like a fourth class citizen simply because he's too fucking bone idle to face up to his decisions in life. Why? Because of his delusions that he is the absolute centre of the universe, that everyone else is at fault, that he's perfect and everyone should follow his example. Huh. Let's analyze that, shall we?

WORK

- He spent 30 years flitting between thankless carpentry jobs, unable to hold down any position for any length of time due to his innate ability to piss off everyone he meets. He continues to spout blatant lies about some past military career, despite contradicting himself on countless occasions. That's what playing the Phoenix Wright saga does to you, you get good at spotting stuff like that. Now he's a 56 year old diabetic with a broken back and no driving license. He'll never work again and yet continues to look down on me like he's somehow better than me.

- I on the other hand am trying to pursue my dreams. I may succeed, I may not. But at least I have the courage to try. I'm still young and have plenty of time. And my list of victories grows by the day. I already have four interviews lined up for the next week. Three of which look extremely promising.

HOME

- He lives in Coventry by choice, a place where we know nobody, everyone hates everyone else, and muggings are a daily event.

- I live in Coventry due to a lack of other viable options.

SOCIAL LIFE

- He has no friends at all, people only ever drop by when they want something from him.

- I have my friends, some of which have stuck by me through thick and thin for nearly 15 years, Jess, you guys on the 'temp, Pete, that's just the start.

WOMEN

- He's fucked up pretty much every relationship he's ever been a part of because he could never get his priorities straight.

- I have Jess, the latest in a pretty extensive list of beautiful ladies who desire my company. I don't even try, I swear. But check out my friends list some time. Made up primarily of cute girls aged 19-23. All of which I know pretty well.

DREAMS

- He appears to have no aspirations of any kind, believing that life is simply to be survived, not enjoyed.

- I on the other hand believe that if you're not having fun, you're not truly living. I'd rather chase my dreams and die trying than sit pointlessly moping and edge myself ever closer to the grave so I don't have to jump so far when it finally opens up.

LASTING IMPACT

- Nobody will remember him when he finally breaks my limits and dies.

- There are people I've not spoken to in over a decade that still remember every detail of every meeting we ever had. IE: Natalie, Laura, etc.

SUCCESSES

- He appears to have acheived basically nothing at all, merely hanging on to his shell of a life for no apparant reason.

- I've saved at least four lives thus far and I'm only 22. While my list of work based achievements is indeed lacking, there's more to life than what we do to pay the bills.

OTHER
- He did THIS to his car ->
6168_97238082529_768152529_2016925_4278638_n.jpg

There you have it. Pretty conclusive proof that his is NOT an example worth following.

I may have to kill him this weekend. There's clearly no point in his existance, why prolong it?

Pray Jess is free this weekend to calm me down. Otherwise I can't be absolutely sure I'll ever be on the 'temp again. I doubt we get internet access in prison.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
He barrel rolled it into some little old lady's garden on his way to work. That's why he lost his driving licence.

And why he hates Star Fox.

DougClayton4231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get so down about it. He's bitter because his life was a mess and his child actually has a chance at making something of himself. Just stay the course and be someone. Violence against him will only ruin your life, in a way, making you as miserable as him. Keep your head up, at least your country still has an future lol.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should do what my dad did. When his mum died he was 21 and decided he couldn't stand living in Birmingham anymore so he went to London and got a job in a psychiatric hospital as a carer. He met my mum in my great uncles pub where she was walking around in just a towel 'cause she just had a shower (slightly crazy I know, a pub full of men and she walks around in a towel). My dad saw her and said to 1 of his friends 1 day I'll marry her and he did. I kind of got off track, basically I'm saying your old enough to make your own choices now and if you really can't stand your dad then get out, you'll feel much better for it, my dad did. Also can't you get your birth certificate, I'm sure I used that as roof of ID to open up my bank account?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You're a bit hard with your dad. Do you think that at 56 years, you'll still be fresh and young, thinking about your dreams, making friends and women ? That's only because he is OLD. Maybe he is a bit egocentric, but even with what you said, the only bad thing he did to you was limiting your internet... I won't judge him or you, because just know a little part of the story and only your side. But try to be indulgent with him, try to understand him. Did you try to tell him that you are not happy with situation ? You can do what you want, he'll always be your father. Always. Maybe you didn't notice, but you just did "like your father" in this topic : comparing you two and tell us that your better than him.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even though his father's old, doesn't make it alright for him to just not help his son without good reason. To me, your dad sounds like a jackass.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
He barrel rolled it into some little old lady's garden on his way to work. That's why he lost his driving licence.

And why he hates Star Fox.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

And you might get access, it depends where you go.
smileipb2.png

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If my dad ever refused to give me something I would probably throw a cup up his head, but I always get what I want. I suppose I'm kind of spoiled but I don't over do it, I can make do with the things I have.

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol your my hero of the web, its a shame your dad sucks. but seriously... dont kill your dad or else you know the raping of your buttocks in jail and the loss of all your "dreams."
rofl.gif

shadow_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand the urge you feel about killing your dad, but i'm sure is not such a terrible person like you described; yet, if he is really a pain in the ass, why don't you get your own place?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have my own place because at time of writing I'm terminally short one job. Things are starting to look up, slowly but surely, but every time I start making progress he finds a new an innovative way to stand in my way. IE: stopping me getting online, refusing to buy any food, refusing to help me with anything by virtue of it being me that's asking, constantly trying to get me to leave home so he can have his pet project move in to my room (a kid he continues to refer to as his son despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary). He's constantly dragging me down and holding me back, then acting surprised when I don't get anywhere in life.

Of course the joke's on him at the end of the day. Whether by my blade or the ravages of time, he'll die a good 40 years before me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.