Hacking Question Why isn't Lineage OS ported to Mariko devices?

MolhodeSoja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know, it will come someday but listen. As I know Hekate is actually working on Mariko but I found that the last problem is something with the core boot. Can anyone explain what is this problem and if it is a hard thing to solve?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
As Team Xecuter released their modchip completely as a closed source project, not all the details are known yet.
On top of that, it's pretty hard to get by a Xecuter modchip since the team has been arrested and locked up.
So even if you would like to start working with it, they are almost impossible to get now.
The current modchip was also pretty complex to produce with those ribbon cables.
It wasn't just a pcb and bring-your-own-wires.
So I guess it will be a while before some copycat manages to create a rippoff.

Reactions: kite21

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dont believe developers mentioned anything about mariko.
So I wouldn’t be that confident that “it will come some day”.
Either get an erista, or accept the large possibility that it might never happen.
Mariko is a completely different chipset. If it was easy this wouldn’t be a discussion .

Last edited by Basketto,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was answered in their discord, there isn't enough interest for it

It's not easy. Most people who want modded systems have eristas.

The markio chips are different, TX had some fairly talented people to crack them. No matter what people say. Most devs on the scene aren't at that level. Maybe most of them CAN'T port lineage to markios...

It wouldn't be easy.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Litvinkov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I wonder how exactly is it judged how much interest is enough interest? Eventually (if not already) the number of mariko units will be bigger than the number of non-mariko units (because starting from some point they ONLY make marikos), so it's surprising that there's not a lot of interest in this. I hope someday we'll get android or linux on marikos, and particularly some way to emulate old non-demanding windows games (there's already some ways to do it apparently but not a lot of talk about it and performance is not good). I just want to play sims on the switch)

Reactions: MolhodeSoja
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
As Team Xecuter released their modchip completely as a closed source project, not all the details are known yet.
On top of that, it's pretty hard to get by a Xecuter modchip since the team has been arrested and locked up.
So even if you would like to start working with it, they are almost impossible to get now.
The current modchip was also pretty complex to produce with those ribbon cables.
It wasn't just a pcb and bring-your-own-wires.
So I guess it will be a while before some copycat manages to create a rippoff.
That's not really relevant though. You can compile your own payloads and launch them using SX Boot's payload menu, Android doesn't need keys so you don't even need to install spaceship to the chip.
I wonder how exactly is it judged how much interest is enough interest? Eventually (if not already) the number of mariko units will be bigger than the number of non-mariko units (because starting from some point they ONLY make marikos), so it's surprising that there's not a lot of interest in this. I hope someday we'll get android or linux on marikos, and particularly some way to emulate old non-demanding windows games (there's already some ways to do it apparently but not a lot of talk about it and performance is not good). I just want to play sims on the switch)
They probably meant there's a not enough interest from devs.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Drivers would need to be written for the Mariko hardware. The switchroot devs have said they're not interested in doing that at this time.
In terms of number of potential users, there's currently a hard limit of the number of SX chips that have been manufactured. That's probably going to change eventually when other options are available, assuming Nintendo can't stamp out everything forever.

MolhodeSoja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh my, this is sad to read.
Drivers would need to be written for the Mariko hardware. The switchroot devs have said they're not interested in doing that at this time.
In terms of number of potential users, there's currently a hard limit of the number of SX chips that have been manufactured. That's probably going to change eventually when other options are available, assuming Nintendo can't stamp out everything forever.

Well, as I know in the next 4 years Nintendo will make only Mariko and Lite devices (or the possible pro switch). Someone will need to make a ripoff modchip sooner or later (I hope), and if not, as you already said, "Nintendo can't stamp out everything forever", I still believe someone will make it happen (even super slim ps3 got +7 years to jailbreak).

Reactions: hippy dave

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as I know in the next 4 years Nintendo will make only Mariko and Lite devices (or the possible pro switch). Someone will need to make a ripoff modchip sooner or later (I hope), and if not, as you already said, "Nintendo can't stamp out everything forever", I still believe someone will make it happen (even super slim ps3 got +7 years to jailbreak).
I don't know about that considering how trigger happy Nintendo is with their C&D's to anyone who even breathes on a modchip. And if you're saying you're willing to wait that long for progress, we will most likely have all moved onto the next Nintendo device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.