Hacking Why is the R4 DS so popular?

wtfman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently looking into slot 1 solution for one of my friend. From what I have seen, it seems like the most popular slot1 card is the R4. Correct me if I am wrong. Why is it so? Is the popularity well-deserved?

Right now with all these slot1 cards released, do you guys still recommend the R4? and Why?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great compatibility. (only 2 games known to have issues; Castlevania: PoR (solved by using a very fast microSD) and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (goofed timer on almost all flashcarts) )

Cheap compared to some of the others slot1's.

Constant and speedy updates and support that consistently improve the card's abilities.

The continued support from the R4 team breeds buyer loyalty and trust and shows the dedication to keeping R4 buyers happy.

One of the first slot1's to work as well and as easily as it was advertised.

Someone else feel free to chime in.....

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great compatibility. (only 2 games known to have issues; Castlevania: PoR (solved by using a very fast microSD) and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (goofed timer on almost all flashcarts) )

Constant and speedy updates and support that consistently improve the card's abilities.

The continued support from the R4 team breeds buyer loyalty and trust and shows the dedication to keeping R4 buyers happy.

It also has good build quality and some nice freebees.

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cheap, fast and easy to use... Need I say more? There's no annoying software, just drag and drop on your computer, and no patching or settings to mess with to get games to work (this drove me nuts with my M3.)

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
All of the above, and only cost me £19 each from my UK supplier
lecture.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

To be fair, there are other solutions that have all of this as well. They were just at the right place at the right time really.. hunger for a good slot one was at peak, then R4 was there to provide, nothing more.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
Add to that the rumored DLDI auto-patching in release 1.12 and we're set...i can't really think of anything else the R4DS team can give us
smile.gif

R4 already has DLDI auto patching... has since 1.10...
I just tried adding colors 1.04 and i had to patch it...and i was using 1.11

i just did the exact same thing and it works straight out no dldi patching the r4 did it, it

self
biggrin.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Cheap compared to some of the others slot1's. - DS-X - most expensive SLOT 1 ever. 1-0 R4

Constant and speedy updates and support that consistently improve the card's abilities. - DS-X very slow for updates, not that great with functions. 2-0 R4

The continued support from the R4 team breeds buyer loyalty and trust and shows the dedication to keeping R4 buyers happy. - DS-X sucks in support and loyalty, R4 wins this section completely. 3-0 R4.

One of the first slot1's to work as well and as easily as it was advertised. - DS-X works as advertised, just not as good, so tie here.

Let's compare this to the DS-X, another slot 1 flashcart, and you know what I'm talking about. See above.

END RESULT:

DS-X - 0
R4 - 3

Winner: R4

There.
smile.gif

O.G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is the easiest, and most supported cart in the ds flashcard scene right now. Anybody ranging from spaztic to genious can use this cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-