Hacking Why is everyone in such a rush to update to 4.0?

EriktheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My main point with the saves is that the average user will probably save ALOT more than they change channels. For example, if you play Wii Sports it writes the save file after EVERY game. In a single play session you could alter save data (player ratings in the case of Wii Sports) DOZENS of times whereas caching channel data in the NAND will initiate one write cycle and last for as long as you play that game.

Also, most commercially available NAND is guaranteed for AT LEAST 100,000 write cycles (that's writing AND erasing, not one or the other) so even if you play 20 different WiiWare/VC games from SD EVERY DAY (highly unlikely, if you asked me) until it fails, you'd still be good for about 13.5 years ((100,000/20 = 5000 / 365 = 13.6986) at which point Wii 3 will probably be available and capable of emulating WiiWare/VC games. It would probably last even longer as 100K cycles is the guaranteed minimum and could be SIGNIFICANTLY higher and I would hope that Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to actually erase the data of the games you cached and just marks the space as available to avoid forcing a complete cycle of every block each time something is written.

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my question is "Are we able to buy more Wii Points without updating?"

I ask because I buy RB2 DLC every week and I'm certainly going to update if I can't purchase more points.

I only have one injected WAD WiiWare game and I'm not partial to getting rid of it.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this forum or not, but RB2 DOES NOT support the new SDHC update. Bummer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-