Why Don't People Vaccinate?

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I, whilst would like to be vaccinated, cannot be due to my body just refusing it. Since a Doctor will refuse to vaccinate you if you were to say no, is very difficult because as soon as I see the needle, I say no and panic.
It started two years ago, I think. After I got measles from the outbreak, I went to get the rest of the MMR (wasn't vaccinated as a child, not because of vaccination scares but because my mum did not want to deal with 3 ill children at once) and I fainted when the needle went in. I didn't think badly of it, I thought it was fine, didn't hurt. But for some reason, I'm now petrified of needles. And yet away from one, I'm totally okay with the idea of it, and was okay when the first went in.
So, there's my reason.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
That is unfortunate for sure, but it was not the vaccination that did it. :-/

Right, which is why I'm wary of them, but not against them. There's bound to be a case somewhere out there, where someone gets screwed over because they chose to get a vaccine. But the alternative, being susceptible to a wide array of crappy diseases, isn't worth that fear.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust your puppet government and the puppet master elites that rule over you, they love you honestly. Never in history has any medication been discovered to be bad for you, never, not once ever honestly.. cough cough thalidomide

Not anywhere in the world have modern vaccinations been withdrawn because of health concerns, nowhere, not one place honestly... cough cough Italy etc

The massive rate of increase of children having autistic symptoms, is just pure coincidence, absolutely I heard it on the news.

By the way Barak Obama really is the most powerful man in the world.

Last edited by rasputin,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I, whilst would like to be vaccinated, cannot be due to my body just refusing it. Since a Doctor will refuse to vaccinate you if you were to say no, is very difficult because as soon as I see the needle, I say no and panic.
It started two years ago, I think. After I got measles from the outbreak, I went to get the rest of the MMR (wasn't vaccinated as a child, not because of vaccination scares but because my mum did not want to deal with 3 ill children at once) and I fainted when the needle went in. I didn't think badly of it, I thought it was fine, didn't hurt. But for some reason, I'm now petrified of needles. And yet away from one, I'm totally okay with the idea of it, and was okay when the first went in.
So, there's my reason.
Well, I am sure you could work on that. :-D

Right, which is why I'm wary of them, but not against them. There's bound to be a case somewhere out there, where someone gets screwed over because they chose to get a vaccine. But the alternative, being susceptible to a wide array of crappy diseases, isn't worth that fear.
It is possible to have an infection after being vaccinated, but it is rare. But if 100% got vaccinated, the herd immunity thing would prevent that.

Reactions: Chary

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust your puppet government and the puppet master elites that rule over you, they love you honestly. Never in history has any medication been discovered to be bad for you, never, not once ever honestly.. cough cough thalidomide

Not anywhere in the world have modern vaccinations been withdrawn because of health concerns, nowhere, not one place honestly... cough cough Italy etc

The massive rate of increase of children having autistic symptoms, is just pure coincidence, absolutely I heard it on the news.
Exhibit A.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I've seen, that's usually the result of Christians using that as an excuse to not have their kids vaccinated.

I had vaccines back in 2008, and ended up contracting sepsis due to a contaminated syringe at the doctor's office. 15 days straight with a 104.5F fever, and nearly died. Do I hate vaccines and incompetent doctors? Absolutely. Would I recommend that parents avoid vaccinations for their children? Heck no. I'd rather not die of smallpox because someone else was too afraid they'd get autism from a needle.

To bad to hear that, I have never a issue with vaccines.
Here we have some citys where the christian religion is very strong, becase off that they lie the lives off they kids in the hands off god..

Reactions: Chary

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
To bad to hear that, I have never a issue with vaccines.
Here we have some citys where the christian religion is very strong, becase off that they lie the lives off they kids in the hands off god..
If that where the case, I am sure it would want it's creations to NOT die horrible and preventable deaths.

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure I could work on it, but it's not something that happens often. I've just got to be careful of there's a rubella or mumps outbreak.
And of course tetanus and the others with that.
I realise that it's not good to not be immunised, seriously guys, you don't want measles. It's just horrific. I was in pain from itching all over for over a week. You don't want it.

Reactions: gudenau

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please try to stay civil, I think it is OK to be wrong. But try not to allow it to make others suffer. ^^
Well I'm not gonna sugar coat it just because one of them is among us. The mentality is dangerous and needs to be called out for what it is. It's not just those who choose not to vaccinate who suffer, or limited to just their kids. There are members of our society who, due to issues with their own immune system, cannot be vaccinated, and they rely on herd immunity to keep them healthy. The more people who refuse vaccinations, the weaker the herd immunity and the greater risk to society.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not gonna sugar coat it just because one of them is among us. The mentality is dangerous and needs to be called out for what it is. It's not just those who choose not to vaccinate who suffer, or limited to just their kids. There are members of our society who, due to issues with their own immune system, cannot be vaccinated, and they rely on herd immunity to keep them healthy. The more people who refuse vaccinations, the weaker the herd immunity and the greater risk to society.
EXACTLY, this is why it should be a law.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another note on herd immunity: For now these people who choose not to vaccinate are experiencing the benefits of herd immunity, but if their mentality were to take over, you'd be seeing disease running rampant as it did in the dark ages. It's kinda like having a 4-way stop-sign and one person decides that stop signs don't apply to them. They'll probably be fine if everyone else stops as they're supposed to, but if everyone ignores the stop sign, we're gonna have a lot of wrecks.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
another note on herd immunity: For now these people who choose not to vaccinate are experiencing the benefits of herd immunity, but if their mentality were to take over, you'd be seeing disease running rampant as it did in the dark ages. It's kinda like having a 4-way stop-sign and one person decides that stop signs don't apply to them. They'll probably be fine if everyone else stops as they're supposed to, but if everyone ignores the stop sign, we're gonna have a lot of wrecks.
Nice analogy! The herd immunity *is* starting to where thin at this point though, give it a few years and it will probably be much worse I am afraid. Good luck to the children who have no say in this. :-(

D

Deleted User

Do your research please. Ive done mine and it has turned me vegan. My daughters cancer led me to be the healthiest i've been in my life. Its old news that vaccines are extremely bad for humans. In fact the whole medical establishment as a whole is a joke. Holistic doctors are the only real doctors. Look up truth about cancer - Doctors got killed for some of the knowledge they passed on to us.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cough cough thalidomide
Not linked to autism by any study. Hasn't even been in vaccines for a while.
orly.jpg
Tell me more about it...

Last edited by Aurora Wright,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries