Why do people still watch TV?

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What does TV have to offer that you can't find elsewhere now? Do you enjoy having no choice over content? Being force-fed billionaire TV magnates' political opinions ad nauseam? And the ads. My god, they're worse than ever.
That doesn't sounds any different than modern internet from 2010s and after thanks to internet centralization. You can't escape from political crap even at geek hobbies (including hardcore/retro gaming scene) and if you dare pointing that out you'll get attacked and accused for being neo-nazi alt-right white supremacist boogeyman. Shit like that is one of the reasons I deleted ALL my social media accounts (including the ones at "alternative" social media). The only one I kept is twitter and only as a lurker with locked account to follow artists I like and share their art only/mostly at twitter, otherwise I would gladly delete twitter too.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It always amazes me when I meet grown adults who still watch TV. When I was a kid, I watched all day every day because I didn't know any better, but I stopped in my 20s and I haven't really missed it. Whenever I'm exposed to it now, I'm only reminded why I stopped watching in the first place. Every time, it seems more and more vapid.

Even if you like sitting around watching stuff all day, why not just stream? What does TV have to offer that you can't find elsewhere now? Do you enjoy having no choice over content? Being force-fed billionaire TV magnates' political opinions ad nauseam? And the ads. My god, they're worse than ever.

Why do people still subject themselves to this absolute skullfuckery?
I am so with you on this. I sometimes wonder the same thing about radio btw. My short answer for this is laziness.

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To be honest, it's still a mystery to me why people are still interested in TV when there's so much more information on streaming platforms. Personally, I watch YouTube and don't watch TV at all.
As I said it's probably laziness. It's easier to just turn the TV on and zap on the couch than being proactive and actually choose what you want to watch etc... Not being judgmental here but I think that's just the way it is.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock