Gaming Why do people like Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow so much?

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why? it's confusing-its not the best game out there. It's like a rip-off of LoZ Spirit Tracks mixed with Avatar DS with generic controls which "make" it an RPG...and a camera view which they couldn't be bothered to make move on its own...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've actually had trouble getting in to the series as a whole. I picked up the original for 360 cheap and just can't get in to it at all, hence why it's up on my Swapz page and my listing here. I never got in to BD+ and BDAW just isn't grabbing me at the moment, I'm far too busy finishing off Megaman ZX and ZX Advent to prepare myself for the MM Zero Collection in a few days.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrosurfer said:
why? it's confusing-its not the best put there

No speak English?
EDIT: Oh I get it. You put put instead of out. Throws the whole thing off. Fixit.

I didn't find the game terrible, but it wasn't amazing. It's so-so. A game I come to from time to time when i'm bored.
EDIT2: Also, if you're going to make flamebait threads, back up your friggin' opinion. Saying "it isn't the greatest" makes you look like a shitty topic starter.

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
it's so-so.
what I like about jrpg's are a great story and a big world to explore with towns and dungeons etc.

these two new blue dragon doesnt qualify at all.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
I've actually had trouble getting in to the series as a whole. I picked up the original for 360 cheap and just can't get in to it at all, hence why it's up on my Swapz page and my listing here. I never got in to BD+ and BDAW just isn't grabbing me at the moment, I'm far too busy finishing off Megaman ZX and ZX Advent to prepare myself for the MM Zero Collection in a few days.

Good man, Good man!
megaman.gif

As for the topic, I tried the original. Didn't really like it

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it for 5 minutes, I thought it was okay. It wasn't the best 5 minutes of a game I've ever played but it was nice. It reminded me a lot of Mega Man Legends for some reason.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Part of growing up is learning that your opinion is not consensus. The population at large are entitled to something called 'personal preference'. This means some people like the things you dislike and vice versa. Get used to it.

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Part of growing up is learning that your opinion is not consensus. The population at large are entitled to something called 'personal preference'. This means some people like the things you dislike and vice versa. Get used to it.

yes, but we can draw a line here and say:this game isnt like the first blue dragon at all.
its just a much off a spin-off as the RTS-blue dragon,sadly.
You dont have a worldmap, you dont have many skills and magic to choose from. the story seems to be second-hand being made up only to allow some combat.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i mean, WTF! Does anyone get the idea of waking up in a cryo chamber, magically finding an elevator, to find that shu has become 5 years younger than when the original Blue Dragon was launched, even though the main storyline of BD:AS is set 2 years after that.
After the corniest start in the world, you get to...wait for it...open doors and battle a cheesy rip-off of Legend Of Zelda Boss Battles, except 100x easier with crappy combat mechanics.

It's shit. Let's put it at that

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
pyrosurfer said:
i mean, WTF! Does anyone get the idea of waking up in a cryo chamber, magically finding an elevator, to find that shu has become 5 years younger than when the original Blue Dragon was launched, even though the main storyline of BD:AS is set 2 years after that.
After the corniest start in the world, you get to...wait for it...open doors and battle a cheesy rip-off of Legend Of Zelda Boss Battles, except 100x easier with crappy combat mechanics.

Once again, your opinion. I have about 6+ hours in and Im really liking it. I lvoe a good action rpg though.

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
impizkit said:
pyrosurfer said:

Once again, your opinion. I have about 6+ hours in and Im really liking it. I lvoe a good action rpg though.

The game is just as much "blue dragon" as the super mario bros movie is to mario galaxy 2.

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, for my part, really enjoyed it and after nearly 100 hrs total playtime finished the last, damn hard boss.
For me it is a simple, but entertaining action adventure with a more than average story.
There is enough loot but not too much, a variety of 12 different charcters you can have in your party
and a lot of cool boss fights.
I say it's a cool "Monster Hunter DS", nothing more, but nothing less.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
LOL OPINIONS

I love this game. The story, battle system and customization are great. Wifi is awesome too.
Besides, you know what people say: Haters gonna hate.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, are you pissed you can't play as Shu?
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, it's a great game. I love every Blue Dragon, though, so I'm a fanboy prick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-