Question Why did you switch from Reinx to Atmosphere?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by nanchan, Apr 22, 2019.

1. nanchan
    OP

nanchan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2015
    United States
    7.01 FW - Reinx has been great, but decided to switch over to atmosphere a few days ago just to see what Atmosphere is about. The conversion is pretty straight forward and painless by simply loading Kosmos, Atmosphere release, and sweet patches in that order.

Two reasons for my switch over
    1. I cannot play Hellblade Senua until after the switch
    2. I am dying to test Edizon ram search. Been using Nswitchdebugger with Reinx

I have not encounter issues with games not working or corrupted SD (using exFat) so far.

What are your reasons for the switch?

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Atmosphere is the original cfw for the switch. The updates are fast when a new firmware comes out. More features imo.

It is recommended to use fat32 with 32k cluster. exFAT can corrupt the files within a read or write process afaik. I never had any problems with exfat. But nintendos drivers are crap.

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Antarctica
    Never used ReiNX. Atmosphére is more feature-rich, not to mention it's the fastest at supporting newer firmware versions.

BaamAlex likes this.
  4. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Yes, you can play Hellblade Senua on ReiNX now. They have already been fixed it. That's why I have two CFWs.. Two are better than one. :P

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Apr 23, 2019
    nanchan and charlieb like this.
  5. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    Because it simply doesn't provide me with anything Atmosphere doesn't do just as well (or better), updates are slower, and at this point there's not much of value in it aside of arbitrary connection to anime fandom.

thaikhoa likes this.
  6. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2016
    I used to use reinx... I loved it, until 7.0 came out.
    reinx updates are very slow imo.
    I also switched to atmos and I'm very happy with it.