Hacking Why cant a 4.3 wii play dvd backups

camochase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just wondering its not like my wii is 4.3 its acualy 4.2. but i remember reading a 4.3 wii cant play dvd backups. so what im asking why cant it ,cant you just downgrade it with a wad from modmii, and with the proper percautions

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3 can play DVD backups if the disc drive is older. The problem is not the system menu. The problem is that newer Wii systems have newer disc drives, which are physically incapable of playing DVDs that are not retail Wii discs.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lacius said:
4.3 can play DVD backups if the disc drive is older. The problem is not the system menu. The problem is that newer Wii systems have newer disc drives, which are physically incapable of playing DVDs that are not retail Wii discs.

I thought it was the drive controller board, not the drive itself. But yeah apart from fitting an old one you can't do anything about it.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you want to play back up's dvd's anyway? with the great choices of usb loaders. the negatives out way the positive. yea you can play burned games an things, but it also burns out the laser. alot faster, or the drive completely dies. with usb loaders you don't have to worry, plus you can rip the game to hd. then still back the game to the computer. as far as dvd movies go, the same follows, i have my entire movie collection on my hd (689 + ) an still buying an ripping to hd. an use wiimc to watch. so unless you change out you drive for the wii, no you'll not be able to run burned anything, or dvd movies.

camochase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well that makes sense i was just wondering but the reason why i dont use a usb loader is because cant get a 100gb+ hdd for all my wii backups i just cant afford it because i dont really get enough money all get is like 10$ a week and i save up to buy new games and then i rip them buy ill get one when i get a job in 1-2 years

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: