OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about the new DSi and something struck me:

The new DSi has a built-in SD Card slot. It has a built-in music player as well........

So WHY BOTHER.

My question is: couldn't someone just make a special system file or PSP-esque downgrader to put on a REGULAR SD card to put ROMs on it, and not update the DSi firmware to avoid outmoding of these files?

Or perhaps make a Pandora Battery for the DSi. It'd make it SO much easier than using a flashcart.

Just saying..........

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nessie said:

The new DSi has a built-in SD Card slot. It has a built-in music player as well........

So WHY BOTHER.

My question is: couldn't someone just make a special system file or PSP-esque downgrader to put on a REGULAR SD card to put ROMs on it, and not update the DSi firmware to avoid outmoding of these files?

Or perhaps make a Pandora Battery for the DSi. It'd make it SO much easier than using a flashcart.

Just saying..........

You may be "Just saying," but you clearly do not have a fucking clue what you're talking about. You do not have a clue how this stuff works and should shut the fuck up instead of demanding other people do work that you are too lazy to do.

"BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM!? ZOMFG BBQTITS!!" Then get off your ass and learn if it's something you yearn for so much. There are tons of people who are much more intelligent than you or I working on this and it's the ignorant twats like you that make me think a lot of them shouldn't bother. These people do this in their spare time for ungrateful nimrods like you. Go read a little before posting this useless garbage.

Advi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Beware said:
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

You may be "Just saying," but you clearly do not have a fucking clue what you're talking about. You do not have a clue how this stuff works and should shut the fuck up instead of demanding other people do work that you are too lazy to do.

"BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM!? ZOMFG BBQTITS!!" Then get off your ass and learn if it's something you yearn for so much. There are tons of people who are much more intelligent than you or me working on this and it's the ignorant twats like you that make me think a lot of them shouldn't bother. These people do this in their spare time for ungrateful nimrods like you. Go read a little before posting this useless garbage.
Yes. I have no fcking idea how this works. And thus I ask someone who should be praised for thair knowledge, who is clearly not me.

Go eat a dick.
smile.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........
You just proved yourself to be a bigger noob then those R4 fanboys and N64 Hopers.
Someone should bann you to stop you getting flamed.

WHY BOTHER GETTING THE DS(sh)i(t)?? Its ugly, watches you and has updateable firmware so any cards/fixes will be killed by Ninty.

B

ball2012003

Beware said:
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

"BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM!? ZOMFG BBQTITS!!" Then get off your ass and learn if it's something you yearn for so much. There are tons of people who are much more intelligent than you or I working on this and it's the ignorant twats like you that make me think a lot of them shouldn't bother. These people do this in their spare time for ungrateful nimrods like you. Go read a little before posting this useless garbage.
wow that was harsh
it didnt seem like he was demanding he has just saying
on topic: i would go with a flashcart
dsi only could go up to 2gb
but with a flashcart 16gb

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ball2012003 said:
Beware said:
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

wow that was harsh
32 actually...

Sorry, just I hate the DSi, and with 3 announcements on the front page about it in one day!
I might buy one to dissect...

Advi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
Beware said:
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

wow that was harsh

^^^As you can see it wouldn't kill you to give a straight answer. Thank you.

Posts merged

Antoligy said:
ball2012003 said:
QUOTE(Beware @ Feb 18 2009, 08:39 PM) QUOTE(Nessie @ Feb 18 2009, 08:33 PM)

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

wow that was harsh
32 actually...

Sorry, just I hate the DSi, and with 3 announcements on the front page about it in one day!
I might buy one to dissect...
Nah you had a great reason to call me a noob
ph34r.gif

But yeah...........it's extremely overhyped..........

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

hmm in my opinion i think that will be an option later on. but then we might have to worry about having non legit firmware..voiding warranties and worrying every time we want to update the DSi. i think its safer to use a card for sure. but itll probably be an option in the future.

Advi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Rabbi Nevins said:
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

hmm in my opinion i think that will be an option later on. but then we might have to worry about having non legit firmware..voiding warranties and worrying every time we want to update the DSi. i think its safer to use a card for sure. but itll probably be an option in the future.
possibly. with stuff like this you just gotta have patience........................just look how long it took for them to start making the current DS flashcarts

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Rabbi Nevins said:
Nessie said:

So WHY BOTHER.

Just saying..........

First of all, as Nessie admitted noobishness, he's forgiven.
Second: OMG DIDN'T YOU READ ANY POSTS?

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMO I think its going to go a similar way to what the wii/PSP is now. It will take quite a while but still, I suppose all that matters for people in the mean time is that their regular DS games work if they make the jump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wayyyy back in time you could run dual pentiums on crazy expensive mobos I think under a special...