Gaming Why are Wii ISO's so slow to sownload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
45 mins here for 4.5Gb
Use O2 + Usenet
smile.gif

Bit of a dumb question by the op though.
Torrents are crap.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You guys are so lucky!
My topspeed is 450 KB/s and I can only download about 35GB per month!
We use the internet almost 24/24 hours a day, sometimes with 4 on it on the same time. Those 35GB just fly past that way.
There is almost no room to download games.....

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
35GB / month? Man that sucks, that's just a bit over 1GB / day.. I have a 1mbit connection, and still I download at least 5GB / day :|

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, My internet connection is 256 KB/s, in October it will be 384 KB/s...
I don't use Usenet, but I download from Megaupload, which is at top speed with my connection
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
rottenhaggis said:
I already own the game I'm trying to download. I want to have a backup since my kids are3n't as careful with the discs as they should be. Just trying to prevent having to buy games more than once.
Well, then use Superdump. And if you lied, you can f*** yourself. I hate people which can't say that they are pirates. Either say it, and stand to it (and the consequences) or be quiet.

Btw: My Speed is the same as Satangels, around 470 kb/s (I need around a day for 7 GB, and around 3-4 Hours for 4 GB)....but no Limit for downloading...meh, I can live with that
tongue.gif

Edit: Added Link.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why being a pirate if you've bought some fucking expansive internet for to download fast.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Satangel said:
You guys are so lucky!
We use the internet almost 24/24 hours a day, sometimes with 4 on it on the same time. Those 35GB just fly past that way.

well i get 55gb/month for $150/month that's a 1300Kb/s connection too...fucking expensive it is in Australia!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
rottenhaggis said:
I already own the game I'm trying to download. I want to have a backup since my kids are3n't as careful with the discs as they should be. Just trying to prevent having to buy games more than once.
Well, then use Superdump. And if you lied, you can f*** yourself. I hate people which can't say that they are pirates. Either say it, and stand to it (and the consequences) or be quiet.

Btw: My Speed is the same as Satangels, around 470 kb/s (I need around a day for 7 GB, and around 3-4 Hours for 4 GB)....but no Limit for downloading...meh, I can live with that
tongue.gif

Edit: Added Link.

If I would have no limit for downloading, I would be very happy. The speed is fast enough IMHO, maybe the uploadspeed faster (only 10 KB/s here....), but it's the total limit that bothers me the most....
Really frustrating, the only Wii games I can download are scrubbed ones under 1 GB or so.

Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE(Satangel @ Aug 24 2009, 10:39 PM)
You guys are so lucky!

well i get 55gb/month for $150/month that's a 1300Kb/s connection too...fucking expensive it is in Australia!

We pay 48 euros per months (that's about 80 AUD) for our connection, so it's fucking expensive here too!
Fucking rip-off if you ask me, if you see our neighboring countries internet, you get fucking depressed!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kwartel said:
Megaupload doesn't have a limit
biggrin.gif

Uh yeah, but we're talking about internet here.
Not about uploadservices.

QUOTE(duy64 @ Aug 24 2009, 07:09 PM) This have got to be one of the most useless topic ever.

Agreed, the original question was quite dumb, but now the discussion is very useful.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fakie! said:
Mediafire+JDownloader for me. I get max speeds.
Same - though MU+jDownloader is also a cool combo. Actually, if you've got reconnection enabled, just about anything works well.

If you're not a member of private torrent sites (I am, but sometimes I don't feel like wrecking my ratio) or aren't part of a newsgroup, jDownloader is your best option.

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:

iiNet has 160gb per month for $139, ADSL2 great speeds
smile.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wtf: omg

I pay 29.95 Euro, which is less than $43 and my download speed is 1.8MB/s with no transfer limit! It's even supposed to be 2 MB/s, but for some reason I never get that high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj