Hacking Why AceKard?

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to hear why people like and use Acekard over carts like CycloDS and SuperCardDS1(i). I know that the features arent as great with the Acekard. Is it price and/or DSi compatibility? I have a CycloDS and only a DSLite. I am getting a Supercard DS2 because of GBA emulation without needing my 3in1. Fixes are released about as often for each cart. So I want to know why Acekard? If normatt quit, it would be dead. Does that scare anyone?

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whatevz. If a mod wants to delete, go for it. I just wanted some fresh info. Thanks for the kindness kineticUK, but that thread has nothing to do with my questions.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't trying to sound like a dic* though, its not my board anyway so ask what you like...
and to answer your other questions yeah I was scared when I thought akaio would go private and that would mean I would see no more updates... cause I like akaio over all the other cards I have used so far. Mainly because I don't like/need RTS, slowmotion etc. I like that everything works almost like its retail... wii connect, some gba support with 3in1+, ram for browser hmm, rumble etc. Plays my games, I like the linkage with pokemon gba games and hope to use that later on when I finish playing platinum (1st time pokemon). I think the supercard will be good if it allows you to use the extra processor in homebrew, and it sounds like the business but I don't need to switch and like akaio OS more than any other I have used.
Cheers

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221399

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a word 'trust'

I trust Normatt and other members of the homebrew community. We hope they will continue with their suppport and so far they have given us more than I would have ever expected.

I do not trust the support of companies who produce the carts. We would expect they would continue support for the carts we have purchased. Most companies have let us down sooner rather than later on that expectation.

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me it was price and the fact I had already made some custom skins before actually ordering the card x3

However, akaio hasn't failed me yet :3

S

sumarth

porque acekard es useless

no me gusta nada mi acekard

honestly dont buy a frickn acekard ... get a dstwo .. or an m3i xero ... or a frickin r4 ... but dont get an acekard

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sumarth said:

honestly dont buy a frickn acekard ... get a dstwo .. or an m3i xero ... or a frickin r4 ... but dont get an acekard

This is an English speaking board. Post in English, not Spanish.

You should also give a reason why the OP shouldn't buy an Acekard, not simply because "I do not like my acekard"

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but please never post again.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's one of the cheapest carts, it runs games great (Akaio), the layout is great, and pretty much has no flaws in my opinion.

The only thing is, it's doesn't run a lot of homebrew games from my experience, but I could careless about those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, what smile?