Hacking Who will be buying a TX Switch (SX) modchip?

Will you buy a TX modchip?

• Yes, the solderless version

Votes: 130 30.0%
  • Yes, the soldered version

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • I'm not sure yet. Waiting for full feature announcement

Votes: 151 34.8%
  • No way!!! I like free solutions

Votes: 101 23.3%
  • I am keeping my switch unmodified

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • I don't own a switch

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I am just a troll

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters

Ric-Are-Those

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the modchip is able to be edited, (as in, I can put the files for atmosphere on it and boot that instead) then I'll buy it.
CFW withough having to use a PC is nothing to overlook.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarrr we are pirates !!! Yes i will buy it, there are no news on where to preorder?
Check its sellers' page, also there are some sites starting pre-order now, just google it, price of them are between 30 to 50 dollars. r4ib9s.com(£ 39.9), sky3dsitalia.com(42,80 €)3ds-flashcard.com($49.90)

LikeATrollFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check its sellers' page, also there are some sites starting pre-order now, just google it, price of them are between 30 to 50 dollars. removed(£ 39.9), removed(42,80 €)removed($49.90)
Please remove those links, those are unofficial preorders and are not authorised by TX.

Ketsueki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think it's too early to tell for me.
What can / can't it do? How does it compare to other methods available, etc.
I'll probably wait a year to see how it all settles.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Seeing as no one besides this team has figured out how to back up Switch games, I'll get one if the price is right.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have zero interest in TX's software - open source community efforts such as Atmosphere are the way to go. But a device to send payloads without a PC is appealing. If it can be used to send more than just TX's own payload, even I would be tempted.

Reactions: Azel

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this hysteria has made me do the thing early.

I have ordered a zsun card reader and a USB-C to USB-A converter block. I should get it by Friday.
I am gonna tear some shit up, and make my own dongle, then share the needed flashable image.

Disclaimer, it cost me 20$ for the dongle and the adapter from Amazon with Prime.

-----a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your poll is shit. you're skewing the data.

Responses should just be:

Yes
No
Maybe, undecided.

All the other responses are just stupid and irrelevant.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The latter two may be pointless or silly (one tends to have a silly option in a poll though) but the others seem like questions that are worth asking and things that are worth splitting up.

D

Deleted User

I'm buying because reSwitch have made it clear they are anti-piracy and I would love to be able to play backups now instead of waiting for someone to add it to atmosphere. In my house, we have 2 switches which mean game time is usually cut for by a fair bit.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Keeping my Switch vanilla. I can afford games and homebrew doesn't really interest me at this point.

I'll hack it eventually, but only when keeping it vanilla isn't worth it. And hacking it is easier. And safer. And free.

A lot of these early hacks tend to be a double edged swords anyway.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just like i went hyped for the gateway 3ds, i'll probably do the same here. good thing is i probably have enough stuff to trade to Gamestop or sell to make the cost negligible. not just switch games either lol, i just collect stuff

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m gonna buy 1 of each type first, then decide which one I feel offers the most. I like what I’ve seen because it’s much more end-user friendly than launching a payload from (insert device here) but the soldered option may have more to it. More than “backups”, I want emulation. The hacking experience just doesn’t satisfy til I beat Link to the Past on the console. At that point I can guffaw my mad scientist evil laugh.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, this hysteria has made me do the thing early.

I have ordered a zsun card reader and a USB-C to USB-A converter block. I should get it by Friday.
I am gonna tear some shit up, and make my own dongle, then share the needed flashable image.

Disclaimer, it cost me 20$ for the dongle and the adapter from Amazon with Prime.
Looking forward to it. Bonus points if you can replace the USB A plug with a C to skip (or build in) the adapter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la