ROM Hack Who wants to test NSMB2 custom levels?

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would love to test. This is one of the things I have been waiting for. I loved all of the custom levels made in new super mario bros wii.

Newer super mario bros wii is the most amazing mod I have ever seen created on a nintendo game.

Sparks43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would be interested in this

Playing nsmb2 atm and enjoying it

Have a Gw 4.5 3ds with emunand 9.2e ready for testing

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If by testing you mean installing some cia and/or play the level and check for bugs and simple stuff like that then count me in as well

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just documenting (via text or video) of different objects behaviour and playing levels.

E.g. a custom level's Area 1 Zone 1 could contain the goomba sprite with the data:
0000 0000 0000 0000

and another goomba with the data:
0000 1000 0000 0000

it isn't clear from just looking at Nintendo's levels what nybble 5 does. But by taking a video of how the goomba with nybble 5=1 behaves differently to the one with no data, we can find out.

BTW: This is a real example :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The first level has been released! It's a remake of NSMBW 1-1.

You can get it here and on the first post.

nice job....a bit weird that the camera wont move up unless your flying......but i imagine there is still level flags and such to be mapper right?....probably something that allows the camera to move up i would imagine, other than that its looking good

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, there are different ways to customize the camera. Do you mind taking some screenshots or a video?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i will try get a lil video in a bit, but if anyone has a capture card it would be better doing it with that :P

one more thing i noticed, you cant hit the half-way point unless you fly up to it....probably doesn't load as its slight off camera or something, again I'm sure this is just down to the camera issue as it works fine when you fly up , other than that everything works fine

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok well it was pointed out not everyone knows how to rebuild the rom.....so here you go custom 1-1 patch file, this will replace level 1-1 with the 1-1 from here, enjoy it

it will probably only work on the US version as that's what i had decrypted at the time....feel free to try it on the EU release but i don't think it will work

Attachments

• patch 1.1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 397

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0