DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh hey everyone![...]

Liked for the simple fact that you're that young this mature (online at least). I've seen a lot of your posts and never once would think you're almost as old as my little brother.

You're cool. You can stay. Major respect from me. :)
My sarcasum detector exploded.
You owe me a new one.

Except for the fact that I wasn't being sarcastic. I've seen grown men and young adults come into this forum and act as shitty as a 14 year old on Xbox Live does. I'm amazed that he as a 12 year old has the maturity level to post like a sane, respectable person on this site, when there are many who are years older than him who lack that ability. Seriously. Props to the kid. I'm not joking.

I agree with you Plasma.

14 year olds on Live are a fucking pain in the bum.
They just opened the naughty words dictionary and think it's okay to call everyone names cause their safely at home.

You kill them and they call you a cheater, hacker, idk.
They kill you and you're a noob or you should gtfo cause you can't play etc etc etc.

Youngsters that are mature for their age are incredibly rare to stumble upon.

Reactions: 7 people

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh hey everyone![...]

Liked for the simple fact that you're that young this mature (online at least). I've seen a lot of your posts and never once would think you're almost as old as my little brother.

You're cool. You can stay. Major respect from me. :)
You owe me a new one.

Except for the fact that I wasn't being sarcastic. I've seen grown men and young adults come into this forum and act as shitty as a 14 year old on Xbox Live does. I'm amazed that he as a 12 year old has the maturity level to post like a sane, respectable person on this site, when there are many who are years older than him who lack that ability. Seriously. Props to the kid. I'm not joking.
Can i be jelous now?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Nick and I typically go by DrOctapu on the interbutts. I came here for DS homebrew news, lurked for a while, and ended up joining to join one of the Tempmas compos. I stuck around for reasons unknown. I'm probably most active in the EoF. My favorite console of all time is Playstation 2, favorite handheld is either the GBC or PSP, and my favorite game is Mother 3. I play the ukulele and I suck at it. I'm a dude, about 6'4-5, and I'm pants-meltingly sexy, obviously. I enjoy reading, playing vidya games, occasionally watching anime, and long walks on the beach. I am also currently not wearing pants.

I hope this was enlightening.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I guess many of you know I'm a giant weeaboo...

Hi, my name is Chris (actually its Christopher but that name is such a mouthful). Those numbers "888222" at the end of my username are just plain random and bear no significant purpose. I live in Singapore. I hated my country at first (including most of my relatives here) but I tried to swallow the fact that I don't have enough money to migrate. So yeah, I'm now quite okay about it.

I'm Chinese (no not from PRC - I absolutely have NO IDEA why people think that Chinese = PRC on any website I've seen so far), but my mom is straits-born. I know English, Chinese (Mandarin - Forced learning, Hakka is my first language and some Cantonese) together with some very simple Japanese (mostly from Video Games). I took a few lessons last year but i backed out because of my hectic schedule, but I intend to take up classes again at the end of this year.

What led me to this forum? Thank ShopTemp. Without them, I didn't even know this forum existed. It all started with a Supercard DSTWO purchase. Come to think of it, my first post was in the wrong section. :P

What made me stay? Well... Actually I left this forum for a good 1 - 2 years after my first query on DSTWO. One day, I thought I'd check back for any updates on my cart. I'm hooked ever since.

I like gaming, mostly J-RPGs. I don't mind a couple of shooters too since I was influenced by my friends who were CoD freaks. I love Pokemon as it represents my childhood, but once I defeat the champion normally I'll stop playing it until the next version is released. My fav version is Ruby/Sapphire, least fav is Emerald (I found it an unnecessary rehash).

I own a PS3 (private gaming with my relatives and close friends), 3DS (going to be sold off next week), 3DS LL (replacing that problematic 3DS), PS Vita (currently used by my bro for excessive YouTube) and a PS2. I used to have a 360 but I just could not afford maintaining my Gold.

Okay. Ciaox.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my name is Anthony i'm 14 and in 3 days i will start my nineth grade year
I'm the youngest of 4 and the smartest of the bunch and ironicly the tallsest
i look older than my actual age i have a beard in which my friends always pester me into shaving it and from the bunch i'm the most intelegent although i do tend to act stupid to the point that it looks like i am
i also hate reading although when i do it's some thing that interist me
i have a really short attention span and i forget things really fast due to hitting my head when i was little
What Brought me here was my ttds in which i needed help with my ttds
My favorite consoles are the snes n64 gamecube and and the 3ds the first three are due to me playing them as a kid the 3ds is due to the virtual consle allowing me to play some of my faviorite games of the gb when i was little

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey everyone![...]

You're cool. You can stay. Major respect from me.
You owe me a new one.

This.
The fact that even our more "respectible" members
still squabble like 10 year olds over stupid shit
*cough*SoulMcComunism-Sama*cough*
yet an actual 10 year old can be both mature and sociable is something rare and speaks to his character.

Reactions: 3 people

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
finally done reading through the thread....

so lets start when i was playing counter strike and dota 8 years ago. after that, i was introduced to online games with mu online, and later tried ragnarok, gunbound, audition, ran online, and few others. then 5 or 6 years ago, i stuck into playing rf online until i went to college where i got stuck with dota again around 5 years ago. and for 2 years, it's only college, gf, rf online/dota. balancing those 3 were not easy so gf only lasted for 9 months. she was 14 and i was 17.

then 3 years ago, my brother told me about visual boy advance. where i could play pokemon. i was like, what? there's a pokemon game? i was really into pokemon when i was 9 in 1999, but just watched the anime, never knew there was a game. so i looked for it and played emerald 368. then i saw no$gba and played diamond and platinum. when hgss came out 2 years ago, there was the random freezing near a certain town when using no$gba. i kept lurking here until i got impatient and asked some few questions under the name game01.

if you disregard my eof postcount, i think i was most active in the ds section most, doing naughty stuff, and helped a bit. first i was just interested in emulating pokemon games.
then after joining gbatemp. i found out other ds games i could emulate, like twewy, 999, rune factory.
but sometime last year when some people left and there wasn't much activity w/ the ds, i stayed only in blogs/eof like i do now. i also lost interest in ds games and went back to playing dota and rf online for a few months until i noticed rf online became pay-to-win. gave my account for free to someone else. end of my mmorpgs.

february last year, with some miracle, i found a job! it was nothing big. just small but with the money i earned i was able to buy a psp so i could play p3p. played several other games, corpse party, radiant mythology, silent hill, ys seven, 3rd birthday, dissidia duodecim etc. also functions as my mp3 player and ebook reader.

now i only play dota 2. got my invite feb this year but started playing a few months ago. and maybe i would also become active in playdota forums.

coming to gbatemp also broadened my fields of interest. i was already reading manga online, but thanks to some members here i now watch anime. at first i watch any subs but eventually got favorites. there's a link in my profile to my MAL account where i keep track of what i watched and read.

in my time here in temp, i did some bad things though i never got warned. met different people, i was a bit close with zorua first before he vanished. then there was CA[numbersnumbers] in the banned thread. paarish, we became close due to a yaoi image coming from somewhere i think. then we constantly talked after that.
he and fi also though about making the kanonno trio where we 3 had kanonno avatars and confused some members. frozen also overtook my eof postcount when i wasn't looking.
and when prowler was Bitch Squad. we made the Prinny Squad.

at first i hated emigre at first, then i laughed at his jokes that i found myself asking "why had i hated him?" he's really awesome.

blogs were awesome before when it was still with the forums. it was more serious than the eof, but more loose than general off-topic.
but now it's just blogs.

i'm Narayan, 22 years old. living in the Philippines. single.

i'm also an atheist, unless god shows himself in front of me. i don't really reject religion, in fact i like some of their laws or beliefs. but i'm just the person who only believes the one with better proof.
i like surprises and i'm curious about uncommon things. something that don't occur everyday. but for uncommon things it's like, "real" aliens and not just "talking about" aliens.
i also like reading books, currently i'm reading A Song of Fire and Ice second book.

i am forgetful though, i forget a lot. my attention quickly diverts to another in just a matter of seconds. it's really a big problem when playing games and doing some stuff. maybe it's coz i lack of sleep.

also, i love cats. or anything cute and fluffy.

Reactions: 5 people

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more posts I see in this thread...the more I'm starting to think vulpes is running a phishing scam...and I fell for it.

I can certainly see where you might think that. There's no way for me to prove my intentions, but hopefully you'll see the truth in what I have to say.
GBAtemp has always been home to elitism and argumentativeness.
And in the months that I've been absent, those schisms have only become deeper.
I'm tired of seeing it.
So now I'm trying to get people to express who they really are.
Because when we all see that there is a real person at a real PC typing on a real keyboard behind each of these names, rather than some unnamed and faceless enemy, maybe we'll be able to work together as a community again.
I want this place to be peaceful, to be useful, and to be something more than the cesspool that it's rapidly heading toward.
That's my entire purpose.
If you feel the need to edit your information out of your previous posts, go right ahead.
I haven't saved it in any way.
But I thank you for sharing when you felt comfortable in doing so.

Reactions: 8 people

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The more posts I see in this thread...the more I'm starting to think vulpes is running a phishing scam...and I fell for it.

I can certainly see where you might think that. There's no way for me to prove my intentions, but hopefully you'll see the truth in what I have to say.
GBAtemp has always been home to elitism and argumentativeness.
And in the months that I've been absent, those schisms have only become deeper.
I'm tired of seeing it.
So now I'm trying to get people to express who they really are.
Because when we all see that there is a real person at a real PC typing on a real keyboard behind each of these names, rather than some unnamed and faceless enemy, maybe we'll be able to work together as a community again.
I want this place to be peaceful, to be useful, and to be something more than the cesspool that it's rapidly heading toward.
That's my entire purpose.
If you feel the need to edit your information out of your previous posts, go right ahead.
I haven't saved it in any way.
But I thank you for sharing when you felt comfortable in doing so.

It seems like you have good intentions for this place, I noticed your absence though. I didn't change too much did I? :unsure: Still my K-pop self ;P

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can certainly see where you might think that.
I think Old8oy was just being facetious.

I, on the other hand, totally think you're running a phishing scam :P

*EDIT*
Oh, and I added some education info to my original post. I expect some biochem-related spam in my mailbox on the 'morrow.

Reactions: 2 people

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Copying Mr. Fox and just making some edits.

Hello everyone, my name is Law, but I'd prefer it if you called me Mr. Dong, or some derivative.
I'm currently 20 years old.
I'm a handsome, super intelligent, quick witted young man living in South East England.
I am a secret agent.
I like all kinds of video games, especially ones with lots of explosions.
My favourite video game ever is Alpha Protocol. I also enjoy the Metal Gear series.
I am a (diagnosed) compulsive liar and a sociopath.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello everyone, my name is Law, but I'd prefer it if you called me Mr. Dong, or some derivative.
I'm a handsome, super intelligent, quick witted young man living in South East England.
I am a secret agent.
My favourite video game ever is Alpha Protocol. I also enjoy the Metal Gear series.

HE LIVES.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And there's the whole undiagnosed awesomeness that went unmentioned.

I noticed your absence though. I didn't change too much did I? :unsure: Still my K-pop self ;P

The absence was unintentional. It's part of the job, unfortunately. For four months out of the year I'm sure to be damn busy. (and from the looks of things, I'll still be busy for those other eight months.....just not quite so busy as during milking season.)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My name is Dave, but online I usually go by RchUncleSkeleton (Rich Uncle Skeleton was shortened due to being created as an AOL SN back in 98', which only allowed for 16 characters), which was a "character" mentioned on the simpsons in the episode where an old bum claimed he created Itchy and Scratchy. On YouTube I go by SmaaaashTV.

I am a 28 year old Germanic/Nordic/Scottish/Swedish-American from Southern California. I love science fiction and fantasy films such as Back to the Future, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and anything having to do with medieval or time travel.
I love cartoons like Rockos Modern Life, Ducktales, Spongebob, Regular Show, Adventure Time and many other old Disney Afternoon, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows. I also enjoy many shows such as Arrested Development, Heroes, Breaking Bad and many Anime series.

I am a musician and play Guitar, Drums, Ukulele and a bit of Piano. I currently play guitar and sing backup for an alternative rock/punk band called The Machine Age.

I am very much a "retro gamer" and don't really delve too much into current gen with the exception of a few Wii and DS games. My favorite console is the SNES and I pronounce it S-N-E-S, not sness. I own NES, SNES, GENESIS, N64, GAMECUBE, DS LITE, WII, PSP AND PS2. I never really cared for anything on PS3 or 360 and have not bothered to really play anything on them and wouldn't bother to buy either of them as of now.
I came to TEMP in research of DS flashcards but I do enjoy helping people and that's why I have stayed.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am a secret agent.

From now on I'm referring to you as, "Law Dong Phooie". Kudos for anyone who gets the reference.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Gahars, and no, the username doesn't really mean anything. I post a lot of science based articles in the USN; they're kind of my specialty at this point.

What brought you here? To quote Dr. Zoidberg, "Not a not a day goes by I don't ask myself the same question." Seriously though, another user (Guild McCommunist) recommended I join. I listened, I posted, and here I am today.
Why did you stick around? I enjoy commentating, arguing, and cracking wise; GBAtemp let's me indulge in all three.
How do you identify yourself? Eddie Punster. Is that a good answer?

Reactions: 6 people

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey fellow tempers, my name is Xavier i'm a frenchie and 32 yo, +1 in a few months. I'm the youngest of a family of 4, 1 bro and 2 sisters. My dad passed from cancer several years ago and i live with my mom and bro. One of my sis, the younger of the two, have a daugther, my niece which is already 12 yo. I try to contribute raising up well, since i hate the way she is growing as a rotten spoiled lil princess.

I live in the north-eastern France, in a small town with nothing nearby but some forests and fields.. The main attraction is the Germany frontier really close by and Metz city about a hour away by drive.

My first gaming memories are from Game & Watch sets, i had one game with Mario vs Donkey Kong jumping barrels to save the girl and another with Mario & Luigi using some insecticide sprays on flies and ants and spiders getting down plants?
First console i had was the NES, mainly for MEGAMAN 2 which i tried on a free testing set in a supermarket and was mind blown, it was the stage of the waterfall, Bubble man.. Spectacular!!
Had a megadrive, gameboy, gamegear, snes, psone, dreamcast, ps2, ds, dsi xl, psp, wii. Bro has the ps3.

I'm not proud to state i was an early pirate back in the snes days, using the "super wild card" set to put games on floppies. Then burning cd's on the psone then dvd's for the pstwo with their soldered chip.. Then the flashcard for dsphat pirating some gba games (supercard SD) and nds games (got a dsonei and dstwo cards too for my now dsi xl), and my last pirating was by getting tons of wii isos for the usbloader..

By late 2011 i decided to give up on the bad act as i had the infamous piracy syndrome, collecting and not playing anything.. I try now to redeem myself and got rid of ALL that i gathered over the years, be it snes floppies or ps1/2 cd and dvd, burned movies etc.. Buying all of my games now and i only save a legal backup copy of those i legaly own. The only pirated content left to be found at my place are on my hard drive real few movies and series (desperate housewives, dexter). Because i'm not rich enough for those still, i am sorry.. Though i do not collect i delete after viewing, the least i can do for now.

Computer wise, my bro had an Amstrad CPC 6128 back in the early 90's, and i got Pc's since early 2000 but my first "real gaming rig" came just a few months ago, it's still a budget one but enough to run decently all the current technology. I have a terrific backlog to catch up to, as my signature goes. But im slowly getting there.
My favorite game might well be Final Fantasy IV, the snes version i played back in the 90's brought a tear to my eye and this is rare with videogames. So many memorable and likable cast for characters and story..
Favorite genre of games i'm more an action aventure and rpg person. Favorite music are grunge and pop/rock all the way and can't say i like hip hop very much. Especially french rap.. Favorite litterature and movies i like horror and fantastic, gross comedies and sometimes romantic stuff. Manga, anime, dramas.. I left the train but i'm open to enjoy more korean dramas someday i find them very sweet and cute!! Best i recall watching were, densha otoko and full house..

What brought me here, obviously infos about flashcards and rom translations for NDS hacking.
Why i stick around, i've grown to like the community all in all and the forum layout is far too familiar by now to just kick it from my bookmark.
How do i identify myself, mainly by my birthname "xavier" or "xav" for short, as my parent's son, as a brother and a friend..

That's all folks, i'll edit this if anything else. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Hai there!
My names Zerosuit Connor. Derived from Zerosuit Samus (Connor being my first name). I love android and gaming hence I own an Xperia Play and develop fiercly for it. I stand for pride, rights, individuality (no seriously) and pretty much all things human.
I came her as a nieve twelve year old during the pokefloods (yes the pokemon black and white release floods), curently at 15 I've really changed and learnt a lot from my fellow members and have tried to contribute to the best of my ability.
I've stayed here as I have friends, to name a few:
@DinohScene
@Paarish
@Vulpes Abnocto
@Black-Ice
@Raulpica
@Alanjohn(LoLNo)
My thirst for knowledge isn't always quenched and my hunger for helping, teaching and contributing still grows. I learn more and more on a daily basis and as a plus get to see @Gahars jokes, wisecracks and puns (which always make my day :wub: )
I see myself as a noob in some areas and well known in others, In the future I plan to open a service where people submit a model number of their phone and I build/port a rom for them for free! I have had great times and even greater fun during my stay at GBAtemp.net and I plan to stay a while longer.

Reactions: 5 people

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm Be- erm... Bobby.

I'm Christian. I just turned 17 last month. I live in the US and just got a job working for a local Dairy serving ice cream. I'm generally a pretty quiet fellow, on the internet and in real life. I mostly lurk the 'Temp but I post every once in a while. I don't even remember why I joined. I was probably just looking for something to do. That's the reason I'm still here, it gives me something to do. Anything to take my mind off the usual things I can't stop thinking about. Hah.

I like snowboarding, and I'm an amateur programmer/homebrewer for the DS. My favorite bands mostly consists of metal bands. I do enjoy almost all kinds of music, for some reason, though, I like the lyrics of the metal bands that I listen to the most. Specifically, I like August Burns Red, Rise Against, Periphery, and quite a few others. As for non-metal, I like Graham Nash, Flobots, Audio Adrenaline, and some others.

My favorite video game series is Kingdom Hearts (see avatar :P). I also like other JRPGs, Portal, Half-Life, Batman: Arkham Asylum and City, so on and so forth.

Uhm... that's it for my 'long-winded' introduction. The rest of me will remain a mystery ;) OOOoooOOoooOo

Reactions: 2 people

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, I am Nimbus, and in some cases am known as Cinn on other sections of the internet. My real name is Mike.

Despite the latter of my onlne aliases sounding girlish, I am actually Male. It would be of interest to know however that I have finally accepted that I am Bisexual.

I am currently 24 years old

I am American, but also British through my Moms blood. I actually under British Law am entitled to dual citizenship due to this.

I came to the temp originally because I got tired of gamefaqs and stuff. I just needed a new place to chat in.

I work for the worst company in the world, and you dont need more than a single guess to find out what that is. I do my job well though, and people seem to appreciate me.

I am very very empathetic, I tend to feel bad when people are hurt and such, and I can get extremely emotional when this occurs "The last time it happened I cried for about half and hour on end, just bawling my eyes out"

I tend to have a very just heart, which sometimes gets me into trouble, but to be honest, I wouldnt ever get rid of this aspect about me. I really care about my friends and stuff, even if they are online friends that I have never met before irl, but I care only about the ones that I really trust.

Albiet I dont come off as being too spiritual, I have a very strong spiritual side. I belong to no religion as I now view them as cages, faith is all I need.

I have no political bias either, I actually really hate politics.

I am a total furfag. Deal with it bro. I've been one since I was 14 years old and I finally started not fearing others oppinions of it last year.

I have a strong inner gothy side to me, as well as several other quirks people would not expect. Alot of you may have never heard this about me, but thats because I was unwilling to accept it because I didnt know what others would think. I met a person recently that changed the way I thought about this by making me realize though accepting me as a friend that I shouldnt need to worry what others think.

I tend to be a total pokefag and I love the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as Zelda, Megaman, etc. I absolutely abhor physical sports and I rarely seem to work out, strangely enough, I am quite scrawny.

As for other traits, I discovered this year that I have a very severe alergy to artificial red food coloring (Of any kind). Even a slight amount in anything will set me off with nausia, stomacheaches, difficulty breathing, headaches off and on, ulcerlike pains, I could go on and on, but I dont think any of you would like to hear anything more. To put it short, a full bottle of Hawaian Punch could easily on any given day put me in the hospital. This comes with a blessing though, because I no longer consume much if any soda. Its pretty much Sprite, Green Tea, White Tea, and various assorted other teas, and I have never felt better in my life before.

I'm also this year trying to discover what and who is most important to me in life, and I think I'm pretty close to figuring out what and who.

As for being here, I rarely log on anymore. I have alot of stuff going on in my life and I honestly cant worry about whats going on on the Temp everyday anymore. To an extent my ability to care about it has vanished too.

As for the "why/should you care part" Well I'm not implying or even suggesting that you absolutely must care, but I'm not going to stop you from doing so either. Basically you can either give two fawns, or not give a singe fawn this day.

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse